What's the biggest mistake you've made in Gaming?

Kazeh54

My biggest mistake was getting addicted to trophies and platinums, thank god i am breaking the habit more and more, majority of people cant stop playing, i mean hardcore trophie hunters as i used to be, as long you can mantain the focus on your social life its ok, when you stop trading it for gaming than you have a problem

I appreciate your opinion and understand that we all have different lives and influences, but don't make the mistake of thinking that everyone who is a hardcore gamer is doing so at a detriment of their own personal lives. Like I said, we all have different lives and influences. Some use different social channels than others, and some people value face time more than others. If you want to believe that is unhealthy, then that's cool. I respect your opinion.

As far as mistakes:

I use to play games through one complete time before even thinking about trophies, and on many games that has caused me to have to replay certain games 3-4 times to get the plat. Too many to name.

My first PS3 was a fat one. One day I was having a particularly bad day and when I came home I turned on my PS3 and tried to connect to the internet. It wouldn't connect and for some reason I immediately though that meant something was wrong with my PS3. I shook my PS3 around a bit thinking that maybe I could shake it into working. Come to find out, the internet cord had become unhooked. Unfortunately, my PS3 YLOD after that and I had to get a new one losing 100's of hours of gaming time.

I could say playing any number of games have been big mistakes, but really I have learned something from playing most of them. The biggest mistake is like a lot of people say, Believing the hype of games that everyone seems to be talking about when they turn out being games that you really don't enjoy. Last of Us was a big one for me as i could never really get into that game after buying it on release after I heard everyone talk about how good it was. yeah, i sold it 2 weeks after i got it.

• Like 2

well its not really my fault but while killing all the pigeons in GTA IV i didn't realise until after that if you kill two at the same time it could glitch. This meant that 2 pigeons didnt register so i had to start a new game.

I normally find something good in most games, even games that get hate from most. There's been few mistakes though, most not because I didn't like the game but here we go...

NES era: Lending a friend the first Castlevania. Moved to other side of country without returning it.

SNES era: Super Mario World save file corrupted. Actually it wasn't that bad, I managed to find even more secrets on 2nd playthrough.

PS era: Letting my father sell our PS with "less-good" games and cool black PS case full of demo discs. I miss them.

PS2 era: "Action Replay? I don't use cheats, but it let's me watch other region dvds and converts save files to take 1/10th space on memory card, I can save money with this..." *convertion freezes PS2* "Uhm... let's wait... maybe it just... takes time..." *40 minutes later panic is on* "I guess... I have to restart console... I hope nothing has..."  5 YEARS OF GAMING GONE. Reason I use PS+ and spit on Action Replay's memory, RIP.

NDS era: Dropping my brand new DS while charging. Broken, had to buy separate charger and screw battery out each time I needed recharge.

PS3 era: One game: CubiXX. It's actually placed under folder "Well I got it for free..." Might try to complete it some day though, it's just... not for me. Big disappointments: Final Fantasy XIII and Resident Evil 5. Not the worst games out there, but not on par with previous installments imo.

PSV era: Not buying the biggest memory card. Yet.

PS4 era: Not entered yet, trying to clear back log first.

gta 4 my friends hahaha, loading an old save game after a certain update disables trophies and autosaves right away... so you need to restart withought loading any different playthroughs lol!

so no goofing around on a seperate file, or no reloading because you screwed up or took too long xD

and you have to beat it in 30 hours for the gold, but can skip all videos

Selling my XBOX copies of Battlefront II, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and Crash Twinsanity for a PS2 copy when I got my PS3 that they didn't work to realize my PS3 is only PS1 compatible. I'm really glad it was PS1 compatible since I had a bigger load of those games than original XBOX, but having everything on one console would be lovely. At least I got Twinsanity and Prisoner of Azkaban back for XBOX, but I'm still depressed over getting Battlefront II back, especially now with the new Battlefront coming out with bad news after another. On that note they better not screw up Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5. Seriously though, release Battlefront II as a PS2 classic on the Store already like you recently put up Episode III.

-Finished Lord of the Ring Aragorn Quest, then discover on a guide that I missed a trophy because I haven't made a quest at the morning in the Shire. I have to start a new game (20-hour long) to get the Platinum -.-

-I haven't bought a used copy of Trip World on Game Boy when I had the opportunity when I was kid because the game was too casual for me. Now I've heard the game has high value on eBay...

-Smashed my ps3 controller because of the laggy controls of the Werehog in Holoska in Sonic Unleashed. Being drown several times because that damn Werehog takes too much time jumping or extending his arms were beyond reason for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Buying games wayyyy faster than I can play them. I keep telling myself I'll get to them. Between Ps3,Ps4, and Vita I have around 500 not including games I have downloaded which is probably another 150-200. Work and college are the reasons for my lack of time.

Two thing My Ps3 need to be fixing and I didnt know I could backup and I still dont know how do backup :dunno:

the second and my biggest mistake is wasting my live play Final Fantasy X THIS game ruin 4 year of my life I DEAD F?$!/&% SERIOUS I WISH THAT GAME WASNT  INCLUDED WITH SECOND PS2 IF I SAW THIS GAME AGAIN I SWEAR GOOD I GOING ON POSTAL