Dreaming About Gaming

damon8r351

Ever have dreams while you're sleeping about games you're playing? Tell your story.

Long time ago, I was playing Link's Awakening on my Game Boy (the big grey brick one too). One of the dungeons had a room where the doors slammed shut when you entered and wouldn't open for nothing. There was no switch, no enemies, no puzzle that was readily apparent except for 5 differently patterned floor tiles. This was before the Internet had the answer to everything, so I gave up and later went to bed. I then had a dream where I was playing again and saw myself make Link walk on those tiles, making the doors open. When I woke up, I tried that out. Through some trial and error, I figured out that you're supposed to walk on those tiles in a specific pattern within a certain time limit to open the doors. Only time a dream actually gave me solid answers to an issue I was having.

There was a week in June last year where my wife was away visiting family and I was off work, so that week the sole purpose of my existence was eating, sleeping, and grinding out items for the Treasure Hunter trophy in Final Fantasy 13. So I was fighting the same turtle over and over again on the slim chance of it dropping a Platinum Ingots and Trapezohedrons. One night, I decided to stop for the day and get some rest on the couch, couldn't sleep, then got back up for a few more rounds. In about 30 minutes I get the turtle to drop 8 ingots and 2 more trapezohedrons (extraordinary luck). I save the game and quit. When I wake up the next morning, none of those items are there. Turns out I only dreamt that I played for 30 more minutes.

• Like 4

I dreamed I beat Dante Must Die mode on Devil May Cry 1 HD. Although it was one of those dreams where I slowly caught on that it was a dream. I was at Mundus' final form, and then I thought to myself "I don't remember beating it on hard." and then I woke up.

Curse my self-awareness!

It's a long time since I dreamed about games.

I used to dream quite often about them, but that changed when the fire nation attacked.

No, I used to dream about games I wanted to play.

Games that were pre-ordered and were given a lot of hype.

I remember a few years ago when I pre-ordered MGS4 and AC2 (amongst many examples).

I used to dream about these games. It could be dreams about being an assassins myself or even as simply as dreaming that I got the game from Game Mania (our videogame chain in Belgium).

I don't remember the details so I won't be sharing them.

However I'm older and I don't really care about the release of games since I hardly ever buy a game day 1 anymore. It has been years since I bought a game day one. I think the last one was AC Revelations (2011)

I was playing Pokemon Fire Red when I was a kid, I really want to get Groudon back then (Yes, I suck at catching those Pokemon)...

I was dreaming of catching it within one try with a Pokeball.... because I played for 8 hours straight leveling up my other Pokemon...

When I woke up I started my quest in catching Groudon.... I did my best... but I guess my best wasn't good enough.

The next day, I finally caught it, within 14 tries with a Pokeball... it just fu*king blows..

Ever have dreams while you're sleeping about games you're playing? Tell your story.

Long time ago, I was playing Link's Awakening on my Game Boy (the big grey brick one too). One of the dungeons had a room where the doors slammed shut when you entered and wouldn't open for nothing. There was no switch, no enemies, no puzzle that was readily apparent except for 5 differently patterned floor tiles. This was before the Internet had the answer to everything, so I gave up and later went to bed. I then had a dream where I was playing again and saw myself make Link walk on those tiles, making the doors open. When I woke up, I tried that out. Through some trial and error, I figured out that you're supposed to walk on those tiles in a specific pattern within a certain time limit to open the doors. Only time a dream actually gave me solid answers to an issue I was having.

There was a week in June last year where my wife was away visiting family and I was off work, so that week the sole purpose of my existence was eating, sleeping, and grinding out items for the Treasure Hunter trophy in Final Fantasy 13. So I was fighting the same turtle over and over again on the slim chance of it dropping a Platinum Ingots and Trapezohedrons. One night, I decided to stop for the day and get some rest on the couch, couldn't sleep, then got back up for a few more rounds. In about 30 minutes I get the turtle to drop 8 ingots and 2 more trapezohedrons (extraordinary luck). I save the game and quit. When I wake up the next morning, none of those items are there. Turns out I only dreamt that I played for 30 more minutes.

Damn, I'm not sure why, but that second story sounds creepy, LOL.

Regardless, I don't really have anything to contribute to this, my dreams are either extremely vivid or extremely hazy, the latter are the ones I remember.

I'm sure I've dreamed about gaming many times, but I find dreams hard to recall, so I can only remember 2 examples right now:

WipEout HD: I took a huge break from this game, because of the horrid Beat Zico. One night, I had a dream about finally beating Zico and I was so happy, and posted the fact I got the trophy in the CB... Then I woke up. I was gutted. I then spent the following day doing nothing but trying to Beat Zico. Managed it in somewhere between 500-600 laps according to ingame stats.

Rayman Legends: I had a dream one night about waking up and loading up Rayman to get my challenge cups (this was during the time I was doing the grind) to be pleasently surprised that the trophy had glitched and popped early... then I woke up. :(

I think that's the best dream any FFXIII player could have...

Hmmm... I had this dream a long time ago...

It was my High School days and it is my first time to play Suikoden II without guide (this happen around 12 years ago and I haven't met Internet that time) and I am in the point of fighting Luca Blight... which I always failed... gave up and decided to sleep... that same night I dreamed of playing the same game, in same point but this time my characters were equipped with 3 sacrificial jizos each.... When I played Suikoden II the next day, I did what I did in my dream and managed to survive and defeat Luca Blight... I am not sure if it's just coincidence or I had premonition :P

on other note... I have dreamed earlier this week of playing Remember Me... which I haven't played before and I don't even have a plan of playing it... strange... or is it??? :awesome:​  

Edited by jeieem

Used to have long sessions on Dragon Age: Origins.

One night me and the ex are in bed, and for some reason I thought our bedroom had become the camp site. I nudged my missus to wake up and explain that she needs to get everyone to safety whilst I stay here and stab the s**t out of this monster. My ex was trying to explain that I was dreaming but I shrugged it off and apparently demanded vengeance... then snored loudly and that was it.

Next morning I was making the ex some breakfast, when she walked in laughing her arse off at me and explained the whole thing.

Same thing happened about a week later, only this time is was the Geth f**king with me.

Edited by Brako_Version_5

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm dreaming about gaming, it's a sure sign that I've been playing way too much.

It's not so much dreaming as recapping the events of the previous gaming session over and over and over... I also have visual effects of a game firing off in my eyeballs for hours after I stop playing. For example, the flying PS symbols when you make a kill in PSAS Battle Royale, or bolts dropping in Ratchet and Clank, or Plagues of Egypt in The Stick of Truth. It's fucking annoying and it wrecks my night's sleep, so I tend to keep sessions on the shorter side these days.

I've had three video game dreams this year.  I don't know what that says exactly about me.   :D

I dreamed that I was playing Suikoden III.  From what I remember it was fun but it was strange I was playing that game in my sleep because I've never played a Suikoden game.  In my dream it played alot like Yakuza for some reason?

I dreamed that I was grinding school life mode in Danganronpa.  That one I would count as a nightmare.

This next one is a little TMI and I apologize in advance but I had an erotic dream about Ganondorf.  It was far from unpleasant and explains why I changed my signature.

Edited by Bucknerd

PS: Like Daniel Tosh jokes about, there is no way to tell someone about your dreams without sounding like a total idiot. On that not heres is mine.....

It doesn't happen often, but sometimes I dream about games I have yet to play/that I don't even own/that I know nothing about and I haven't looked up/researched. Sort of prophetic like. Or maybe it iss reversed... I dream it and then I go and buythe game because I dreamt it. I don't really know. I'm not Sigmund Freud

I'll give you an example. About 3 months ago I had a dream where I was sitting in my computer chair (where I normally play my ps3). I'm looking at my TV and I'm getting this feeling of sadness at the character on the TV. As I focus in on the TV, I see this big lumbering Tree Bear with peircings, that talks with a very deep, very slow and deliberate speech pattern. I think "what a weird character to have in a game." The Tree Bear made me feel like protecting him and not letting him be alone.

Cut to a week after that dream I go and I find a game at GameStop called Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom.

I had dream after playing Vice City as a kid. I was in Vice City shooting while driving a car with the cops chasing me, I then jumped out and entered a cheat code by yelling out the buttons and really turning around on the d-pad part. Anyone who has entered cheats on any of the older GTAs knows what I mean by that. xD

Edited by -Dark Mark-