Don't need to get number one?

Hi guys, so I started to takedown, no pun intended (You know like takedown a car lol), the trophies for need for speed: hot pursuit this year. I realized there are some trophies that need you to "win" to get the trophy. I just tried for the Bumblebee trophy and it say to win. On my first try, on this session, I got second place but I still got the trophy. So my question for all you NSF: HP owners out there that have finished with all the trophies or all the ones that require you to "win". DO you need to get first place for the trophies to appear or are there some in particular that requires you to get number one? This is just a curious question as I need to get first place in all of them anyways for the distinction trophy. Thanks all! 

"winning" just means completing the event with at least gold, silver, or bronze or whatever the Cop terms are for it also.  For the "Golddigger" trophy you have to place 1st in the event or otherwise meet the gold medal condition for the trophy.  Really annoying when you top the leaderboard of your friends but still don't have the gold, :P

Edited by Quikdrawjoe