Child of Light - Your Reviews and Opinions?

Shirrako

What are your personal reviews and opinions on the game?

In my opinion this game is well worth the price, it costs you the same amount money as Journey and lasts about 5-10 times longer.

The battle system is a throwback to the old JRPG days which i really love about the game.

Art design is really cool!, the levelling up system is fun and addicting.

• Like 1

I just completed the game, minus the collectibles. I would give it a solid 8.5/10. Highly worth the $15.00.

Pros: I enjoyed the poetic nature of the game. It was really well written and I found myself talking to all of the NPCs just to see what kind of rhymes they could come up with. The main character was very likeable and relatable. The bosses and enemies are unique and varied.

Cons: A few of the combat mechanics were annoying. 

i'm specifically speaking about how enemies constantly interrupt you.

The game also doesn't really present too much of a challenge because you are constantly overloaded with potions and other items. But this is hardly a con because it allows you to experience the story more fluidly. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i think its amazin, it looks unbelievable on the handheld... my only criticism would be that it doesn't have a platinum trophy which would be the icin on cake for this masterpiece but not havin one certainly doesn't spoil it...

it might affect the sales tho which would be a shame...

btw the EU version is only 14.99 and has all the dlc included... peanuts!

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

• 1 year later...

I just picked this game up for $3.50 on PSN. This is game is amazing, I'm disappointed that I didn't buy it sooner to be honest. The art work and the JRPG element works really well with each other. Honestly the only downside is no platinum, but so do a million other games. Pick it up people! It's to good and to cheap to pass up! 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Poor man's Final Fantasy. Got tired of it really fast, even though the game is only 10h (Bravely Second demo is for free and lasts a few hours). Don't know why this game didn't click in my case, I usually love turn-based rpgs. I can see why it gets so much love and I respect that, but it's Child of Snore for me unfortunately.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...