Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shirrako

Child of Light - Your Reviews and Opinions?

24 posts in this topic

What are your personal reviews and opinions on the game?

In my opinion this game is well worth the price, it costs you the same amount money as Journey and lasts about 5-10 times longer.

The battle system is a throwback to the old JRPG days which i really love about the game.

Art design is really cool!, the levelling up system is fun and addicting.

While i haven't played it i can't really say , but from i have seen so far the game looks very well done , interesting and fun 

it is well worth the price for the length and amount of content , looking forward to playing it .

I can't find it on the european store, hope they'll put it up soon. I'll definitely buy it :)

I was sold once I saw it's art/graphics and Grandia II-esque combat system in action. Without having played it, I have a similar "feeling" I did just before Journey was released - that I was about to embark on something uniquely different and undeniably beautiful.

I think the game is worth it (I got it for $5 since I had a code for $10 from Sony Rewards!) but even at $15 it seems worth it (I'm not too far in)

I just completed the game, minus the collectibles. I would give it a solid 8.5/10. Highly worth the $15.00.

Pros: I enjoyed the poetic nature of the game. It was really well written and I found myself talking to all of the NPCs just to see what kind of rhymes they could come up with. The main character was very likeable and relatable. The bosses and enemies are unique and varied.

Cons: A few of the combat mechanics were annoying. 

i'm specifically speaking about how enemies constantly interrupt you.

The game also doesn't really present too much of a challenge because you are constantly overloaded with potions and other items. But this is hardly a con because it allows you to experience the story more fluidly. 

I'm giving it far from a 10.. it's just okay to me.

Graphics are pretty neat, but the gameplay kinda is repetitive to me. 

Yes it's cheap and indie but I still was thinking it'd hold more  I guess.

7/10 from me.

I played the demo and got bored. The art style is great though.

Edited by prawisucia

I am just about 2 hours in and it's really cool. I love the art style and combat

I loved the game, the music, the combat, the characters, its worth the $15.

I gave it a 9/10.

If you loved the RPG genre, its a must have.

After reading about games that are not worth their current price, seeing that you guys feel like it's worth the $15 makes definitely want to get this title!

I downloaded the demo yesterday and my 5 year old daughter just loves this game.  She wouldn't even allow me to play.  I suppose I'll get the whole game and try it out myself. When she isn't around :lol:

Beautiful game. It really reminded me of Ni no Kuni, the story could have been longer but I still enjoyed the game very much.

I just finished this and its one of my favorite games looks like a painting in motion and the battle system is really fun. Ubisoft should be putting out more games like this, would of happily paid 30 euro for this it was beautiful

i think its amazin, it looks unbelievable on the handheld... my only criticism would be that it doesn't have a platinum trophy which would be the icin on cake for this masterpiece but not havin one certainly doesn't spoil it...

it might affect the sales tho which would be a shame...

btw the EU version is only 14.99 and has all the dlc included... peanuts!

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

I just picked this game up for $3.50 on PSN. This is game is amazing, I'm disappointed that I didn't buy it sooner to be honest. The art work and the JRPG element works really well with each other. Honestly the only downside is no platinum, but so do a million other games. Pick it up people! It's to good and to cheap to pass up! 

Poor man's Final Fantasy. Got tired of it really fast, even though the game is only 10h (Bravely Second demo is for free and lasts a few hours). Don't know why this game didn't click in my case, I usually love turn-based rpgs. I can see why it gets so much love and I respect that, but it's Child of Snore for me unfortunately.

Great art, clever, if a little easy, battle system, good characters and has some of the best battle music ever!

Excellent game, considering the development resources were cut short. I only wish this had a HDR update/option to toggle UI on/off. Here's hoping for a worthy sequel or spiritual successor.

Edited by Eraezr