Chatterbox trophy: Conversation #2

Beyondthegrave07

I know that in the game there are multiple parts where you need to talk with the endurance crew in order to get this trophy. However, I have a question about the first conversation where I can't really find a site that answers my question.

From what I understand, there are 2 conversations possible with Whitman close to the beginning of the game, However, only 1 of the 2 conversations came up for me. I've seen on many sites where it says that if you already have enough salvage parts for the ax, you only get 1 conversation (which is what happened to me) but you'll still be able to get the trophy. On other sites, I've seen it say that the second conversation is a necessity for the trophy and it will NOT unlock unless you have that second conversation.

So fellow PSNPals, can someone confirm if conversation 2 is necessary for the trophy. I'm already past the point, but I want to know if I'd be wasting my time if I continue to pursue the trophy

EDIT: Oops I meant Whitman

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

It's a weird one indeed.

I didn't even know about it and still got the Trophy. But as you saw above me and on other sites, some people did the same and didn't get it. So it's basically your call if you wanna risk it or not.

It's a weird one indeed.

I didn't even know about it and still got the Trophy. But as you saw above me and on other sites, some people did the same and didn't get it. So it's basically your call if you wanna risk it or not.

As the people above have said no one is 100% sure on why some get one and some get two different conversations.  My only thought on the subject is that if you have enough parts while talking to him the first time you are actually getting two separate conversations at the same time.  The first blends right into the second (which is what i did.)  I got all the trophies to pop on my first go-around as well - no having to double back.  Best of luck and hopefully it will work for you.

I was in your exact situation. The .org guide said that some people said that the conversation wasn't needed or that the first one had doubled in length because because you already had the required amount of salvage. Either way, some people ended up getting the trophy and some not. You're only about half an hour into the game. I feel your best bet is to start over and make sure you get two separate conversations. It may end up saving you 15-20 hours in the long run.

I missed the second conversation with Roth the first time and didn't get the trophy, on my second attempt the dialogue didn't show up to talk to him a second time (bug/glitch) so I think I had to do something like reload the checkpoint and it worked that time, then I got the trophy after talking to everyone else in that playthrough again.

Edited by BlindMango

Are you talking about the conversation with Doctor Whitman where you talk to him outside the gate before you first meet the Solarii, and he has you go fix your axe so you can open the gate? What you're supposed to do after the first cutscene where you determine your axe is too weak, is turn around and talk to him until you no longer get prompts to talk to him. You need to do this before you find a campsite to upgrade your axe. You still have a chance to talk to him even if you have enough salvage to upgrade, because the game still has you go find a campsite first. If you come back with your axe upgraded before talking to him again, the next cutscene will come up and you'll go through the gate. I missed this conversation and didn't get the trophy back when this game first came out. I don't know if it was patched, but I wouldn't risk it. You aren't too far in the game that you can restart.

Are you talking about the conversation with Doctor Whitman where you talk to him outside the gate before you first meet the Solarii, and he has you go fix your axe so you can open the gate? What you're supposed to do after the first cutscene where you determine your axe is too weak, is turn around and talk to him until you no longer get prompts to talk to him. You need to do this before you find a campsite to upgrade your axe. You still have a chance to talk to him even if you have enough salvage to upgrade, because the game still has you go find a campsite first. If you come back with your axe upgraded before talking to him again, the next cutscene will come up and you'll go through the gate. I missed this conversation and didn't get the trophy back when this game first came out. I don't know if it was patched, but I wouldn't risk it. You aren't too far in the game that you can restart.

Yeah, I meant Whitman. I'm not too worried about the trophy since I don't think I'll platinum this one... If I somehow manage to get all of the multiplayer trophies, I'll just replay it on easy for the trophy. No big deal!

CONFIRMED: Earned trophy with only speaking to Whitman once after already having 50 salvage parts. Although, not talking to him at all like givehertheluffy said and still earning the trophy remains to be seen. Though I'd say he's probably right since every other conversation had the TR logo appear except that one.

SIDE NOTE: I did not have a "TR" save logo either when I talked to Whitman (however, I had a "TR" appear for everyone else's conversations). I'd say talk to him at least once just in case. But without a doubt, if you talk to a lot once to where the :square: finally disappears, you will get the trophy!

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad I decided not to start over! ^_^

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I’m having the same issue. No save icon even after reloading, got the first conversation before collecting the salvage but no second conversation afterwards. I guess I’ll keep going... hopefully these conversations don’t last for the whole story.

edit: yay, it popped. :) I noticed that the TR logo didn’t show up on the bottom for the first two conversations, so I guess they don’t count.

Edited by Charizarzar

• 4 months later...