The Dark Knight Rises Trailer #2

TranceVance

1:30 into the video, is that a tidy little reference to Burt Ward (Robin in the 60's TV Show) or do you guys have an American Football Player called Ward and I'm making something out of nothing?

It looks like they've got Bane's persona right though, which is all good.

I'm fairly sure the he is an actual football player, but I don't watch the sport so I can't be sure.

The trailer looked good, I can't wait to see this movie in I-Max whenever it comes out. Christopher Nolan makes some damn fine Batman movies.

Parker

I think they'll need to dub Bane's voice, I've watched this about ten times and I still don't know what he's saying.

"When Gotham is ashes, something something reason to die."

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die.

You arent the only one Screech, appears to be a big divide in who can understand him under his mask and who cant. Personally I picked that bit up OK.

Nolan says there is no need to understand everything he says, but I'm not so sure thats a good call. Apparantly he is only going to tweak it in editing... hopefully he doesnt alienate half his audience upon the films release.

• 4 months later...

1:30 into the video, is that a tidy little reference to Burt Ward (Robin in the 60's TV Show) or do you guys have an American Football Player called Ward and I'm making something out of nothing?

It looks like they've got Bane's persona right though, which is all good.

AF, I love alot of American sports, baseball, football etc. As far as I know there is not a player with the last name of Ward. If there is he certainly is not a prominent player. :)

This trailer looks incredible, I think Christopher Nolan will pull it off and B3 will be even more epic than B2! It is just sad that this is his last. If they reboot this franchise I will be pi$$ed. I have seen the other Batman movies, (you know, the ones by Tim Burton) and I have to say they are pure crap. I like to pretend that they do not even exist. lol The new Batman is the definitive Batman IMO. I am just wondering if Batman dies in this movie. It has been hinted at for so long, so it is a definite possiblity. Also, one of the posters showed in black, Bane walking away and Batman's mask all crushed and be soaked in the rain. Then ther was a title that said THE LEGEND ENDS. I guess Christopher N. could not do another Batman if Batman dies!!! What is a Batman movie without Batman?! lol