Single player recommendation?

Sir_Bee

I am a YuGiOh fan.  I particularly enjoyed the duelist of the roses version of making it into a board game.  That being said, I still enjoy the regular card game, but would not really be looking to play with other players.  I guess my question is how good is the single player section of this game, and how much of a grind would it be if I do not want to pay more for extra cards or packs?

Thanks for any advice or guidance anyone can provide :)

• Like 1

The AI of the opponents is still predictable.

I'm looking forward to the expert-mode where I can be challenged.

I like the online part of the game because I actually lose, in opposite to the main game which is more a matter of time to finish the "campaign".

The campaign offers a very wide variety of opponents with signature decks from the series.

However I missed some real opponents like those 3 dudes with their Aesir monsters in 5D's.

But overall it's a fun game

• Like 1

It's not that bad, I beat Marik and he gave me a Stardust Dragon and Number 46 Dragluon. So they give you pretty good cards most of the times. 

That's pretty good.  I do not mind working for a good deck, but I don't really want to have to fight the same fights hundreds of times because the drop rate on good cards is so low.  Thanks for the response :)

I am also curious about buying this game except I haven't Played / Watched Yugioh since Yugioh GX is there anything that has changed or are all the rules and cards basically the same?

I may be wrong in this, but I think that the newest 'rule' added was syncro summons.  I am not sure where along the lines that was added, but it would not be a difficult aspect to catch up on.  For someone who understands the basics of the game, the cards actually do explain themselves pretty well, and the game may have added rules, but never became more difficult to understand.  I think you would be fine :)

I have had a bit of a look into the new styles that they have added and it does look like it would be easy to learn how to adapt to it all :) and if worst comes to worst I could just make one of my older decks I got lying around still in my house :P 

• Like 1

I am also curious about buying this game except I haven't Played / Watched Yugioh since Yugioh GX is there anything that has changed or are all the rules and cards basically the same?

Actually, plenty has changed.

Now you have synchro and XYZ summoning which make the game a lot more difficult or fun, depending on which side your on :P

I have had a bit of a look into the new styles that they have added and it does look like it would be easy to learn how to adapt to it all :) and if worst comes to worst I could just make one of my older decks I got lying around still in my house :P

Without Xyz and Synchros? you can survive with only Fusion monsters.

That's pretty good.  I do not mind working for a good deck, but I don't really want to have to fight the same fights hundreds of times because the drop rate on good cards is so low.  Thanks for the response :)

I may be wrong in this, but I think that the newest 'rule' added was syncro summons.  I am not sure where along the lines that was added, but it would not be a difficult aspect to catch up on.  For someone who understands the basics of the game, the cards actually do explain themselves pretty well, and the game may have added rules, but never became more difficult to understand.  I think you would be fine :)

The newest is the Pendulum Summon which is not included in the game cause the anime ARC-V is only airing on Japan. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Can you use them in any game mode?  I thought they were just banned in the online battle modes.  If they are completely banned from any mode, then I can agree with your point.  Why have them there and get you to collect them if you can never use them.

Can you use them in any game mode?  I thought they were just banned in the online battle modes.  If they are completely banned from any mode, then I can agree with your point.  Why have them there and get you to collect them if you can never use them.

Maybe they plan update when new ban list is made.

And yes, you cannot use banned cards in campaign as well. Everything works according to the YGO official rules.

I mean... it would be weird if you could use forbidden cards but the rules for limited cards stayed the same.

And... if even that was lifted... 40 cards Exodia deck with 20 Exodia pieces anyone?