How did you find this site and why did you sign up?

coryn56

• 1 month later...

On my lunch break at work, looking for somewhere to find a trophy guide, and then found this site and loved the UI , chats, game pages, guides etc. Being a web designer myself i find it enjoyable to go on a site thats user friendly :)

I stumbled upon this site when I was looking for some tips for FF Type-0 and oddly enough I was really intrigued by the community and forums. So I kept coming here on daily basis and before you know it, it became my favorite site ever. 

Pretty much my same story :)!

• Like 1

some random guy messaged me about working together to get a trophy a while back, I was like aight, so we played, then I asked him how he know I needed that trophy

he said psnprofiles, I was like da fuck, let me check that shit out

came here and saw they had my profile with all my crap, used the site as a guide to get trophies, ended up liking it

then recently decided to make an account mainly to be able to join sessions and see if I can get any laughs from the forum

• 7 months later...

I found out about this site when I was looking through Some of the playstation website, & I liked the look of this site as I'm starting to be a Trophie Hunter.

Comment Your Opininon about this site & how did you find this site.

It was so long ago now, that I honestly cannot remember how I found this site.  I can say however that it was not that long after I signed up that I decided to become a life time premium member.  I love the aesthetics, and I love the functionality, and this is the only forum I have ever found where I can actually say I like most of the people.  I tend to shy away from online multiplayer, and online forums because I have a habit of rubbing people the wrong way and it just ends poorly for all.  Here I don't have that problem, as most people are great.  So I could not be happier, I take part when I can, and I will be here for the foreseeable future.

A slight aside, You are asking for opinions about a site, from within that sites forum.  Those who have a very strong negative opinion are not likely to see the post, so it may be somewhat biased :).

I love statistics, I always did and I still do. When I first got a PS3 in 2011 it had a super fun 'other new way' than only simple statistics on PC, PS1 and PS2: trophies. I instantly fell in love with trophies and started searching for websites where you could view all your trophies online. I soon stumbled across PSNP and loved the website. I decided to become a member a few months later. Two years later I created a new PSN account because back then I couldn't upgrade my sub-account to a normal account. That is the account I'm using right now and hope to use forever ;)

Also, I see you want an opinion :P

This site is absolutely great and forums are awesome too. This is the only trophy website where I like almost everythink that's on it AND 98% of the forum users are super nice people :).

I was just browsing internet with a friend looking for various statistics about games, as we were curious how many people plated some games looking at how many owners it had. We were using PSNP all this time and I just decided to sign up one day. Gaming session looked quite interesting for trophy hunters such as myself and trophy statictics this site offers are also an interesting thing. Only just recently I decided to search for more things this site has to offer after filling my about me section and I found out Forum games are fun as well as joining some conversations that are interesting.

Edited by Saionji
  • Like 1

I've been a trophy hunter ever since... 2008ish. I LOVED getting trophies, though in school and around, I was the only hunter I knew of. So I wasn't aware of a hunting community, most of the times I needed help with guides/trophies I would just stumble onto GameFaqs, IGN, NeoSeeker, different forums scouring the boards for answers. Occasionally I would notice people's signature would have a PSN trophy level, and plats and whatnot and be amazed there was another hunter! I never thought much of it until I started noticing them more and more and realized it wasn't just a picture but a link, I clicked it and never looked back, and here I am!

• Like 1

I've been a member of a site called Playfire for a while, and they have this Trophy Sync Client thing which works every now and then.
Some stranger told me about this site and the Sync helping the Client's overall power.

Took me some time to join, but here I am.

A lot of people complain about Necroing, many others don't give a crap. 

Do you?

Well, this is technically a duplicate thread which from my knowledge get locked after a certain amount of time. But if people want to post here that's fine, just giving them an alternative if this thread were to close.

EDIT: Threads got merged. Thanks o' holy moderators! \o/

Edited by Oblivion

I first found this site when I was skimming through a guide on playstationtrophies.org and the writer had a trophy card in his sig. After clicking on it, the card directed me to PSNProfiles. At the time I thought it was a site to create a trophy card, but after looking around for a bit and discovering the leaderboard, all kind of statistics, the milestones, and most importantly: the gaming sessions, it quickly became one of my favourite sites.

Back then I was also active on three other gaming sites, but the communities on those sites were terrible and I was looking for another site. On those other sites the jackass with the biggest mouth posted a comment that usually made no sense at all or was aimed to start a fight and the majority would mindlessly agree with him. Anyone who had an opinion of his own was subjected to a witch hunt. Then there were the infinite amount of trolls and spammers (there even was someone promoting his own business and posting his merchandise and sales in every thread. When I asked why a mod didn’t intervene, I got a reply back that said: “What can we do about it?”. Yeah, I know. Didn’t even bother to respond back.

One of the first things I noticed here was how friendly the community is. IMO that’s a very important part of a site and can easily make or break it. All the other sites I’ve been active on had a shitty community. If you have a problem or a question, there’s always someone willing to help you out. That’s why I stayed here and years later I still like this site.

pretty much the same here, though i am not a trophy hunter but i do enjoy helping hence the reason i write guides

I came across this site a few years ago through a signature on an anime/manga forum. Iirc it was hidden in an image and I clicked for no real reason and it brought me to the that person's trophy profile.

After probably a few weeks of seeing profiles I decided that of all the gaming sites I'd ever seen this one had the best design, so I joined. Never actually planned on becoming part of the forums and it wasn't until about a year after I joined that I did. (ok to be honest I had some posts here and there before becoming active but I really only did it so that I could change my title lmfao.)