How many of you got this game?

RuinousOne25

I couldn't care less about Phil Fish and definitely wouldn't want to support him, but that isn't the reason I didn't buy the game. I didn't buy it because it simply doesn't look interesting to me, not supporting that douche nozzle is just icing on the cake for me. 

Parker

• Like 3

I could care less about the guy who created it.

Then go right ahead and care less.

Seriously though, I didn't get the game for pretty much the exact reasons Parker said, no interest and not giving that idiot a penny was just an added bonus. It wouldn't even matter if the game was free, I still wouldn't download it.

Edited by BooneJusticius

Yeah, I have it but haven't played it yet.

This is why people don't like him. 

sh1CZqk.png

W2TwVYt.png

4KF3mBW.jpg

phil-fish-fez-ii.jpg

tumblr_mk3snj669r1qb5ftao1_500.png

Basically, he can dish out all the abuse he wants but he can't take it. While I do agree that a lot of gamers are assholes, he basically insulted every single one of us because of a few douchebags. 

Also, have you watched Indie Game: The Movie? He is a complete doucher in that as well.

Parker

WOW! I didn't know about any of this. Its easy for you and I to express that we feel that a lot of gamers are buttholes but when you're in a position where they are your consumer base...yeah, doing so ain't such a good idea.

• Like 1

Bought the game, didn't like it very much. The concept itself is good but it got boring extremely fast, I actually regret paying 10 € for it.

Also it doesn't help that the creator is such an egocentric asshole, makes me feel better about disliking his game

Maybe making a post of this topic was a bad idea...

Why would you say that? No one is being disrespectful towards anyone else and we're just expressing opinions. I see nothing wrong with this topic at all. 

Parker

• 1 month later...

I didn't watch the whole Fez II canceled thing really closely but I can understand him. Especially League of Legends being one of my favorite games, seeing how badly people can behave and intentionaly want to make you rage just for their plessure of being misserable human beings just makes me wanna vomit.

• Like 1

Fez is a decent game, but nothing special. The main draw (turning the world around) is a really cool aspect of the game at first but it soon becomes tedious and the entire thing eventually ends up being extremely repetitive. The map is also one of the worst maps I've seen in a video game. I like to think Fez would have been more interesting at the start when everyone didn't know the answers to the hidden puzzles and worked together as a team to uncover the secrets. Now, it's lost its charm because those secrets are basically "go here to find this item" and "this is the code", which really takes away from what Fez is.

And yes, Phil Fish is a hilariously ignorant douchebag. The gaming industry would be better off without him and his boneheaded Twitter posts, but at least he's good for a laugh.

I got the game, and have finished it once, but haven't started on the New Game+ yet... which means I didn't really finish the game.  I'll get to it at some point, and the other 50 GAMES I'm playing right now on my PS Vita.

While he was less than eloquent (putting it mildly) in his twitter posts, etc... I understand where Phil Fish is coming from.  It seems the news (gaming AND regular media) has gone to poop in the past few decades, getting worse and worse as it trucks along.  The worst is when articles are written based on articles based on rumors.  How bad of a journalist do you have to be to stoop so low?  Don't you have ANY integrity as a journalist?

As far as gamers go, the loudest and most obnoxious are usually teens... and when have teens (in the frickin' history of the world) ever said anything nice or normal.  Few and far between.

• Like 1

I Guess People have made the guy more famous then they complain him to be.

I Don't really Care for the Guy, I'm simply glad I get to play FEZ.

I Don't expect the game to be the best game out there, I simply want to play it and harvest my own opinion on whether it was worth my money.

The Guy can currently be the biggest asshole on the Planet, but that still doesn't take or change anything about the Current "FEZ" Game I've purchased.

The whole "Phil Fish hate" episode completely passed me by. I agree that Fish's outbursts were massively ill-advised but put it down to the stress of setbacks, meeting deadlines and tolerating constant abuse from "the worst f***ing people". Sometimes things are said in the heat of the moment; I don't hate Fish or think he's a douchewhatever, even after having seen Indie Game: The Movie.

I've got Fez, and really enjoyed playing it through to the end(s). Would have loved to have given Fez II a try.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I downloaded this game for PC once to play during classes breaks :) But then deleted it since I will not play a game on PC that much time now that I can play with my PS3/PS Vita all day until I get a job. But it will be for free so I will download because I liked the game. But didn't knew nothing about that man. Now I'm angry too.