Ultra Street Fighter 4 discussion

bik44

They're phoning yet another rendition in.  Just porting a bunch of characters from SxT and a 5th clone of Cammy.  I was really disappointed in that 5th character.

I'm all for balancing characters but couldn't they have just patched the game instead? The new characters could have been patched in too or offered as DLC for no more than a fiver (although they'd probably charge a tenner or more since Capcom just LOVE their DLC).

I was really disappointed with the 5th character too, Capcom are just coming across as lazy as usual, especially since the new characters were introduced already in Street Fighter X Tekken. I mean do they really need to make so many versions of the SAME game with barely any new content?

You'd think by now they'd just make Street Fighter V and release it across both this gen and next gen consoles since there probably won't be a huge difference in graphics anyway. Capcom are just pissing more and more people off.

This package is only really good for people who don't own any versions of SFIV at all which by this point is probably barely anybody.

I'm all for balancing characters but couldn't they have just patched the game instead? The new characters could have been patched in too or offered as DLC for no more than a fiver (although they'd probably charge a tenner or more since Capcom just LOVE their DLC).

I was really disappointed with the 5th character too, Capcom are just coming across as lazy as usual, especially since the new characters were introduced already in Street Fighter X Tekken. I mean do they really need to make so many versions of the SAME game with barely any new content?

You'd think by now they'd just make Street Fighter V and release it across both this gen and next gen consoles since there probably won't be a huge difference in graphics anyway. Capcom are just pissing more and more people off.

This package is only really good for people who don't own any versions of SFIV at all which by this point is probably barely anybody.

Dunno about the pricing in the UK, but in NA it's only $15 DLC if you own Arcade Edition. They're releasing a disc based version that also comes with all of the DLC costumes for those that don't have the game yet, or just want all the DLC on a disc, but it is just DLC. I'd say that's more than fair considering the content. You can use any version of any character, there are 5 characters new to the game, some new stages from SFxT, and rebalancing that was made using community feedback. It's a much better value than buying an hour of extra content on a game that you'll never touch again for the same price.

The reason they don't make SFV, is because Capcom is running out of money. That's also why this version is just ported characters and why the used an existing character model to make a new character. After Ultra, they've said they're going to be taking a break from fighting games for a while, so it'll probably be another 5+ years before we get SFV, if ever.

This version was made primarily for people who play competitively, and the competitive scene is pretty massive. There's hundreds of thousands people in the competitive scene worldwide. If that's how you define "barely anybody", then yeah, this is for "barely anybody".

Dunno about the pricing in the UK, but in NA it's only $15 DLC if you own Arcade Edition. They're releasing a disc based version that also comes with all of the DLC costumes for those that don't have the game yet, or just want all the DLC on a disc, but it is just DLC. I'd say that's more than fair considering the content. You can use any version of any character, there are 5 characters new to the game, some new stages from SFxT, and rebalancing that was made using community feedback. It's a much better value than buying an hour of extra content on a game that you'll never touch again for the same price.

The reason they don't make SFV, is because Capcom is running out of money. That's also why this version is just ported characters and why the used an existing character model to make a new character. After Ultra, they've said they're going to be taking a break from fighting games for a while, so it'll probably be another 5+ years before we get SFV, if ever.

This version was made primarily for people who play competitively, and the competitive scene is pretty massive. There's hundreds of thousands people in the competitive scene worldwide. If that's how you define "barely anybody", then yeah, this is for "barely anybody".

Yeah I understand what you're saying, it's just frustrating that Capcom keep rehashing the same game and charging a lot for quite little. It's usually always more expensive to upgrade over here than in the USA. I really wish I was American some times haha. :(

I have a few friends who play SF competitively (and I know about the competitive scene fairly well too) and they're not happy about this either, especially the character situation (mostly Decapre). They're particularly annoyed about having to upgrade AGAIN.

I meant to say it's good for people who don't have a physical copy yet since you can upgrade but forgot to edit that bit since my laptop died and I had things to do so sorry for that since there are many people who love having physical copies and one of my friends has both versions in hard copies and is not interested in buying it again since it'll retail at quite a high price over here when we can finally pre-order it. 

Maybe it'll be good that they take a break from fighting games though, so they can use the money to work on their other franchises. But maybe if they didn't rely so much on DLC (SFxT was the last straw for me as DLC characters are actually more expensive than a retail version of the game in the UK) then people may buy more of their games if it's a whole game, not just part of one. 

Edited by talithacs

I've thought about getting it since I've been watching others play online and I've never played Street Fighter online. But most people I know play it on Xbox or PC and I hear there's online issues with the PS3. Maybe it will be fixed by Ultra though.

I can't say I'm interested in the new character myself really. But the only character I think I would be interested in playing as is Oni.

Yeah I understand what you're saying, it's just frustrating that Capcom keep rehashing the same game and charging a lot for quite little. It's usually always more expensive to upgrade over here than in the USA. I really wish I was American some times haha. :(

I have a few friends who play SF competitively (and I know about the competitive scene fairly well too) and they're not happy about this either, especially the character situation (mostly Decapre). They're particularly annoyed about having to upgrade AGAIN.

I meant to say it's good for people who don't have a physical copy yet since you can upgrade but forgot to edit that bit since my laptop died and I had things to do so sorry for that since there are many people who love having physical copies and one of my friends has both versions in hard copies and is not interested in buying it again since it'll retail at quite a high price over here when we can finally pre-order it. 

Maybe it'll be good that they take a break from fighting games though, so they can use the money to work on their other franchises. But maybe if they didn't rely so much on DLC (SFxT was the last straw for me as DLC characters are actually more expensive than a retail version of the game in the UK) then people may buy more of their games if it's a whole game, not just part of one. 

I really don't think it's a lot for the content they're giving us. It's a hell of a lot better than what other companies do with their franchises. They release slightly different iterations of the same game every year, like Madden, and charge full price for them. It's been 2 years since Arcade Edition was released, and even if you buy the disc, it's still cheaper than other new games. If they were like other companies, they could have put in a slightly different story and sold the game as full price as SFV, even though it would technically be the same. Instead of that, they're offering the content for a fairly cheap price. For the price of upgrading, you could buy a single DLC pack for Mass Effect 3, which could be completed within an hour.

I highly doubt they're really competitive if they're butthurt about a rebalance. Everyone I know is excited and has been waiting for a rebalance for a while now.

A lot of people don't like Decapre, because she uses the same base model as Cammy, but  it does function as a completely different character. She's a charge character and that alone will make her play completely different than Cammy.

• Like 1

I'm still getting it. The only characters I care about are Seth, Vega/Dictator, M.Bison/Balrog, Guile, and Blanka. I might check out Decapre since she seems to be a overpowered charge character and overpowered characters are fun to use since kicking ass with them is fun and funny. 

They pretty much just took the SFXTekken characters that weren't in SFIV originally and added them.  Right enough, having Poison and Hugo in it now is awesome but it could have just been DLC like said above.  Although I know the reasoning for the disc is because they want these patches/balances to be used in tournaments like EVO (as far as I'm aware, even with this, SFIV only has a year left in EVO).  The fifth character was such a disappointment, I was kind of hoping it would be Alex or anyone else from SFIII.  Instead it's kind of a Cammy clone..

Is there any reason they haven't made Street Fighter V? I don't understand why they keep making changes to IV. 

Parker

Answer: Capcom.