should i trade my xbox1 for a ps4?

SleeppingForest

okay guys I recently got the Xbox One when Titan Fall came out I wanted to try something else instead of always buying Sony and try something new this Gen so far I don't like it it's not the same when you go hunting for achievements compare to trophy hunting it's not the same its so not the same it's just so hard to explain you don't get that trill when completing 100% there's not plat trophy to show off just "oh hey you got 100" on ps you get the plat and it shows you earn it and you feel amazing and proud of it <3 that feeling awesome. so guys what do ya'll think I should do I'm open to any suggestions or need for boosted to DO IT DX!!!!!! or NOT TO!!!!!

ps. cant afford to buy the ps4 and keep both and I haven't put a lot of money on my xbox one all I have its titan fall and Cod   

Look at the games coming out for both systems and make your decision based on that. Also, PS+ gives you a PS4 game every month whereas Games for Gold only gives you two 360 games. 

Personally, I enjoy my PS4 much more than my Xbone. I like the controller better, the UI, the online service, the games and I love the fact it supports my headset without having to buy an adapter. If I had to choose only one I'd pick the PlayStation any day of the week. But as I said, it is all about the games and that is what you should base your decision on, in my opinion. 

Parker

• Like 1

That's something you have to decide yourself. Edit: Previously I would go by how many games each has that I would want and get the system that has the most. That's always worked for me in the past but now so many games are multiplatform that it's really becoming more about what each offers on top of that.

Regarding the achievements versus trophies I will say that I do like how there is an indication of finishing a retail game on PlayStation with the platinum trophies. Xbox 360 has a panel in your achievements listing that would show how many games you've completed however that is nothing that shows to anyone else and if you completed a game I think you'd know it so it always seemed somewhat pointless. There is nothing like that on the Xbox One.

Having said that though, achievements and trophies don't really matter. So pick the one that has the most features you want and the most games you want and go for that one.

I have both and I'm at 50/50 on which one I prefer.

Edited by BooneJusticius

Look at the games coming out for both systems and make your decision based on that. Also, PS+ gives you a PS4 game every month whereas Games for Gold only gives you two 360 games. 

Personally, I enjoy my PS4 much more than my Xbone. I like the controller better, the UI, the online service, the games and I love the fact it supports my headset without having to buy an adapter. If I had to choose only one I'd pick the PlayStation any day of the week. But as I said, it is all about the games and that is what you should base your decision on, in my opinion. 

Parker

I've been looking at that yes the only Xbox exclusive I like it's Quantic Brake looks awesome the other games I want are in both systems and yes the remote feels better in my opinion the XboxOne and yeah buying a separate adaptor is lame so I have to ps headsets just collecting dust.. I just feel I jump the gun on choosing with system to get..

The majority here is gonna say get a PS4.  Whatever suits you, since you're actually asking this question it does sound like you are unsatisfied with the Xbox One.  Right now, when the trade/sell price is still good for the Xbox One, I say sell it, buy a PS4, because if you just hold it off, you'll only lose more money really.  It is always a case in the distant future where you can rebuy it OR hold off buying a PS4 until a decent price cut happens to either of them.

I actually play my xbox one more than my ps4 (Forza, Titanfall, and PvZ: Garden Warfare). The bad thing is you will take a pretty good hit trading in your xbox. If at all possible I would save up your money and get the ps4 when you can afford it.

• Like 2

xbox owner comes to a PLAYSTATION site to ask if he should trade in his xbox for a PlayStation...

artworks-000047570484-rmbvj3-crop.jpg?16

I can't compare the two but there is nothing on the Xbox that i would actually buy so for me, the PlayStation is the best choice... I saw a kid a couple weeks ago trade in his XboxOne for a PS4... I didn't really think that something like that would happen this early in the life cycle...

Edited by Piggie_Pie

xbox one heats up two fast for me

That's interesting. My Xbox One runs much cooler than my PS4, much quieter too.

xbox owner comes to a PLAYSTATION site to ask if he should trade in his xbox for a PlayStation...

lol on most other sites I would have to agree and say it's obvious what answers he'll get but everyone here is being very objective about it. I'm actually rather happy to see that.

• Like 2

I can't compare the two but there is nothing on the Xbox that i would actually buy so for me, the PlayStation is the best choice... I saw a kid a couple weeks ago trade in his XboxOne for a PS4... I didn't really think that something like that would happen this early in the life cycle...

I been a member here for a while now going to a year I just got the Xbox one because idk really but yeah... I been sony since ps2 and Xbox started to vs each other

• Like 1

lol on most other sites I would have to agree and say it's obvious what answers he'll get but everyone here is being very objective about it. I'm actually rather happy to see that.

Yeah, but its not often that i get to use that clip so i figured it was a great time, lol

Im actually rather surprised too... I wouldn't be a great person to ask because I have been a PS Loyalist since 1995... But the PlayStation seems like it has a lot of support and a promising line up...  as far as hardware, i think they both are on par... I don't play FPS games so Titanfall would not be a deal breaker for me... Plus EA has been quoted saying that the gap between third party studio exclusives is closing fast... so it all comes down to first party exclusivity...

My vote based on the first post is to stick with PlayStation.  If you like Xbox exclusives you should think about owning both... but thats a big bill to front!

• Like 1

The majority here is gonna say get a PS4.  Whatever suits you, since you're actually asking this question it does sound like you are unsatisfied with the Xbox One.  Right now, when the trade/sell price is still good for the Xbox One, I say sell it, buy a PS4, because if you just hold it off, you'll only lose more money really.  It is always a case in the distant future where you can rebuy it OR hold off buying a PS4 until a decent price cut happens to either of them.

I might have to go with you're idea Takahashi I am losing a lot of money I just called gamestop yeah there not offering a lot of money $225 and if I wait a week for the 50% more plus 10% more for pro member I'll get $360 still not enough to buy it and some games so might as well wait maybe later on a new model might come out

I might have to go with you're idea Takahashi I am losing a lot of money I just called gamestop yeah there not offering a lot of money $225 and if I wait a week for the 50% more plus 10% more for pro member I'll get $360 still not enough to buy it and some games so might as well wait maybe later on a new model might come out

You could try selling it yourself through eBay or locally through Craigslist (I think that's what it's called.. I could be wrong), you'll get a bit more money then.

Yet the PSV which is 2x stronger than the 3ds is flopping and has no games to compare with the 3ds. We are have opinions but they should not blind us from the truth.

That isn't true at all. Sure it isn't selling nearly as well as the 3DS but there are plenty of great games for the system. 

To the OP, like said above if you're planning on selling it I'd try eBay or Craigslist first. You have the potential to get more money for it but keep in mind eBay has fees associated with selling so you'll have to factor that in as well. 

Parker

I think he might have meant the 360 because there is no way in hell the xbox one gets hotter than the ps4. IMO the xbox one is built a lot better than the ps4.

• Like 1

That isn't true at all. Sure it isn't selling nearly as well as the 3DS but there are plenty of great games for the system. 

To the OP, like said above if you're planning on selling it I'd try eBay or Craigslist first. You have the potential to get more money for it but keep in mind eBay has fees associated with selling so you'll have to factor that in as well. 

Parker

I talking about the amount of games on the Vita is nothing compared to the 3DS, I was not talking about the quality, lol. If I was talking about quality then Vita wins hand down with p4 golden, freedom wars, natural doctrine and all others that I can mention. In sales tho, the Vita is flopping.

• Like 1

I talking about the amount of games on the Vita is nothing compared to the 3DS, I was not talking about the quality, lol. If I was talking about quality then Vita wins hand down with p4 golden, freedom wars, natural doctrine and all others that I can mention. In sales tho, the Vita is flopping.

Ah, that makes more sense. It is a shame that more people don't realize what an awesome library the Vita has but since the 3DS is cheaper to get into (with some awesome games too) and Nintendo's long history of awesome handhelds it is no surprise the Vita is struggling. Makes me sad...  :(

Parker

Ah, that makes more sense. It is a shame that more people don't realize what an awesome library the Vita has but since the 3DS is cheaper to get into (with some awesome games too) and Nintendo's long history of awesome handhelds it is no surprise the Vita is struggling. Makes me sad...  :(

Parker

If Sony can lure people into getting a vita/ps4 bundle rather a ps4, this would help alot.

Probably not the smartest question to ask on a Playstation Forum/Site... I reckon you'll get a few biased answers ;)

Haha but in all seriousness, what it really comes down to are GAMES and which console your FRIENDS (or community) is on.

Last gen, I got an xbox because that was what my friends had; and I enjoyed it throughly (playing Halo and Gears with friends was fantastic). Then I was a bit late to the PS3 party, but the exclusives really did it for me (GOW, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, TLoU, etc; the list goes on!).

This gen, the stars aligned and both my friends and the exclusives I wanted were primarily on the PS4; so there was my choice :P I'm still going to enjoy Titanfall in the near future on the 360 though, and I may well get a X1 in the future if there are enough exclusives to warrant the purchase (but then again, I may not haha).

In summary then, I'd keep the X1 for now, unless you really think that exclusives + your friends are only on the PS4  :awesome: