Question for those 'in the know'

Fitz_34

So... question:

Why are some games not released on the PSN when they've been there before or have been released in physical copy form?

To add some context: I'd love to buy X-Men Legends on Vita, Ultimate Alliance digitally on PS3, Mega Man Powered Up on Vita, and plenty others. Why isn't something like X-Men Legends on the Vita store? Rights issues? Publishing issues? Does Sony simply not think it'll make any money?

I imagine (comparatively speaking of course) it's not expensive to make it available digitally. Just curious and thanks to anyone who has insight.

While I'm not "in the know" I have seen the issue pop up before when a game gets removed from the store and the most common answer I've received is licensing issues. I'm sure there are other reasons as well but I don't know what they are. 

Parker

If you mean "why have some digital titles that were once purchasable, being removed". Well probably for reasons that only Sony or the Developers are in the loop to know. But I do know that if a game's Servers are planned to Shut Down permanently rendering games like MAG, who I guess highly depended on Multiplayer that without online becomes unplayable. They've decide to make their Purchases of the game & DLC unpurchasable/removed to possibly avoid getting sued by a person/customer, for continuing to sell a game or content that is almost Useless while knowing it is. So it seams logical to remove something you can't even use from the Store.

Edited by DarknessKey92

So... question:

Why are some games not released on the PSN when they've been there before or have been released in physical copy form?

To add some context: I'd love to buy X-Men Legends on Vita, Ultimate Alliance digitally on PS3, Mega Man Powered Up on Vita, and plenty others. Why isn't something like X-Men Legends on the Vita store? Rights issues? Publishing issues? Does Sony simply not think it'll make any money?

I imagine (comparatively speaking of course) it's not expensive to make it available digitally. Just curious and thanks to anyone who has insight.

If the game is in the store and it's later removed is because the publisher just doesn't have the right to sell that game anymore and so SONY as to remove them (for example Marvel VS Capcom, TMNT Turtles in Time Re-Shelled, etc) sometimes other publisher buys the rights and may release the game again (for exemple Skullgirls).

For the games that are released physically and not digitaly it may be for a number of reasons, most common one is that the publisher just doesn't want/think it's profitable. But there may be some licensing issues too, like a number of games from Square Enix, for example the first Final Fantasy XIII, Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII or the Kingdom Hearts series, and all those examples are because of some songs in the games, they just don't have the rights to distribute those songs digitally, only physically and as such they can only release those games digitally if they pay for it or simply replace the music, and more then likelly they just don't think it's worth it.