Memory Card Transfer

The_Mighty_Ducks

Long story short. 

I bought a "New" PS Vita on ebay long time ago and ended up getting ripped off. It was very used and eventually it died.. 

My game data..

I tried just now to put my 64GB memory card into my PS TV. Both the Vita and PS TV is under this account. But it's not showing my Vita data on my PS TV...

In the future if I get another Vita.. Can I just put my 64GB memory card into the new Vita and will my games show?

Or is it I have to completely format my memory card for the new Vita? And lose all my previous data?

The system will force you to format it, because all memory cards are mated to the first one they're plugged into (just like PS3/4/5 Hard Drives are) so won't be recognised by any others until they have been wiped. Also, the 64gb model Memory Cards are very error prone and liable to corrupt without warning.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The system will force you to format it, because all memory cards are mated to the first one they're plugged into (just like PS3/4/5 Hard Drives are) so won't be recognised by any others until they have been wiped. Also, the 64gb model Memory Cards are very error prone and liable to corrupt without warning.

Son of a bitch.. 

I have to replay Killzone all over again.. 

I was almost done and was about to 100% it..

9 minutes ago, ConAir said:

You should save all your progress and upload the savegames to PlayStation Plus (if you have a subscription). That way you won't loose the progress.

Not sure if there is another way to backup the savegames as I never used another way.

It's possible to backup the entire console to a PC or Mac but I don't know if it will let you restore that data to a different Vita if you buy another one.

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Wrong. The memory cards are linked to the account, not the console (unlike with the 3DS). Coming from someone who has used the same memory cards in both devices in the past without having to reformat. As long as both your Vita and the PSTV are using the very same account, it should work.

It is correct though that the 32 GB and 64 GB models are very error prone.

• Like 2

@StarWolf3000 is correct. Memory cards and backups can be used on any vita / pstv as long as that unit is signed into the same account that the files are associated with.

Keep in mind that the Vita memory cards are not hot swappable. The vita / PSTV must be powered off when you insert the card for it to be detected upon boot. If the 64 GB card is not showing on your PSTV it is likely that the card is dead, which is very common with the 64 GB cards.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StarWolf3000 said:

Wrong. The memory cards are linked to the account, not the console (unlike with the 3DS). Coming from someone who has used the same memory cards in both devices in the past without having to reformat. As long as both your Vita and the PSTV are using the very same account, it should work.

It is correct though that the 32 GB and 64 GB models are very error prone.

In that case I stand corrected - I must have gotten my wires crossed somewhere :).

• Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 3:46 AM, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Well I turned it off and re-inserted the card.. 

The save files for different games showed up but not Killzone: Mercenary... 

I am more confused now than I was before..

Enter the recovery menu and try rebuilding the database.

• Like 1