Metal Gear Solid 3 - FULL Platinum Walkthrough in 03:30:23

• 3 months later...

My advice:

- Play from save to save

- Always save in a new slot so you can go back to an old save if the need arises

- Always save the replay video so you can check later where something might have gone wrong and try again from the save before.

- Remember that your food goes bad if you take breaks for too long. But you can adjust the system date to that of your last save to avoid that.

- For every ghost of a soldier that appears during the river sequence with The Sorrow you happened to have made a kill. If you see those you're screwed for the FOXHOUND rank, but you should finish anyways to get the other trophies out of the way. The ending passages are way more chill if you won't have to get those Kerotans and animals anymore.

You can then decide if you want to go for a NG+ or reload from a save where you didn't make a kill yet. There's some NG+ strats out there that make fights easier by using NG+ equip and/or allowing for lethal kills (because some bosses like Ocelot or Volgin can't actually be killed due to plot armor in certain encounters and you won't need to get the camo anymore).

- Likewise, if you don't see any ghosts of soldiers but the game says you made a kill at the end it has to have happened after The Sorrow so you can try again from there.

- You cannot change difficulties when starting NG+.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@Optinooby, FYI, this is very hard to read in dark mode. You may want to edit the formatting with the blue and red.

If i can find the time, at least in the meantime all viewers have to do is click in the corner once. This is something I wasn't aware off until recently so I do apologise. It seems if you copy/paste text from elsewhere, then the site doesn't automatically change the color of the text when switching modes. Copy/paste from a Google Doc at least I know this happens.

I think the way around it I found is to always choose to clear formatting when copy/paste from elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I think the way around it I found is to always choose to clear formatting when copy/paste from elsewhere.

This should work. This is what I typically use to fix other posts. I typically don't like doing this to guides though as it gets rid of any emphasis you may had in the guide.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Amazing guide, you deserve a round of applause sir. I spotted two things while using it:

• Small typo at "TIKHOGORNYJ: BEHIND WATERFALL", the cardboard box is B, not A
  • After the last cutscene required for the Snake Eyes trophy, you did not put this trophy in blue similarly to the rest of the guide

I didn't have the balls to do all the collectibles + FOXHOUND run in one go, I will use it again for my second run. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, walafc0 said:

Amazing guide, you deserve a round of applause sir. I spotted two things while using it:

• Small typo at "TIKHOGORNYJ: BEHIND WATERFALL", the cardboard box is B, not A
  • After the last cutscene required for the Snake Eyes trophy, you did not put this trophy in blue similarly to the rest of the guide

I didn't have the balls to do all the collectibles + FOXHOUND run in one go, I will use it again for my second run. Thanks again.

Thanks, will get that trophy coloured.

Reference that Box though, can I ask if you're sure as some boxes can spawn in various spots if not collected before if i remember...I just wonder if you missed or grab something else to me and that changed what Box spawned there...???

I guess I could just put in brackets (this could be Box B as an example just in case. 

Edited by Optinooby

39 minutes ago, walafc0 said:

I will double check my closest save and let you know. I got the cardboard box A from Rassvet at the beginning of the game, as mentioned in the guide.

Oh my bad if I mentioned the same key item twice, then it does indeed sound like a typo! Will fix it later when I do the trophy text.

2 hours ago, walafc0 said:

I checked my save and indeed, you get the cardboard box B behind the waterfall if you picked up the cardboard A at the beginning.

Thanks for notifying me, fixed!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Crusad3rp said:

Whether game time still passes if you pause the game or it's stops like in Resident Evil games?

Not sure why i didnt write it here as sure i mentioned it in the vid. I'll watch the vid start again tomorrow sometime and add here about the timer.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Not sure why i didnt write it here as sure i mentioned it in the vid. I'll watch the vid start again tomorrow sometime and add here about the timer.

Thank you mate. I have your platinum walkthrough in favourites on YouTube, but didn't watch it, besides a few very first minutes (like 3 or 4). This is why i've asked question about that. I will be very grateful if you tell me whether timer stops after pausing the game or not, because i am interested in buying this game. Especially if it's on Days of Play sale!

Edited by Crusad3rp