What counts as a Smash shot in table tennis?

So Ive been trying to do the "Great Balls of fire" trophy and I'm getting the glowing fire balls when I hit hard but it's really rare to do that and I'm wonder what really counts as a smash hit because I hit it really hard sometimes and tye opponent misses 

38 minutes ago, GhostbusterTodd said:

That's the thing though idk how to fo it I hit it so hard and all it does it turn blue I played for 2 hours just now and not a single smash shot 

If i remember correctly you need to smash the ball onto the table then get point while doing so (flames on ball) hit it hard this can be done in play or during a serve hope this helps, i dont have to game anymore or i would check for you 🙂

• 5 months later...
On 1/17/2024 at 2:41 PM, GhostbusterTodd said:

I eventually figured it out and did 100 within a few hours, But any tips on going through the silver and gold cup I'm kinda struggling.

How do you do it?, im having the same problem as you did were i hit hard and the ball always goes over the table

Let me see if I can remember because I  haven't played in a few months but I think I waited until I got a slow pass towards me and hit the ball as hard as I can on the table and everytime I would angle towards the players shoulders and it would speed past them I recommend doing this with Jackson because he sucks at table tennis and always seems to give soft hits. 

15 minutes ago, GhostbusterTodd said:

Let me see if I can remember because I  haven't played in a few months but I think I waited until I got a slow pass towards me and hit the ball as hard as I can on the table and everytime I would angle towards the players shoulders and it would speed past them I recommend doing this with Jackson because he sucks at table tennis and always seems to give soft hits. 

Thanks! i would definetly try that :)