Why Is This Game So Rare?

TheDarkKratos

It's likely just very unpopular and didn't gain a lot of traction amongst gamers so has fallen into the dustbin of history, plus the publisher has a very bad reputation for releasing broken games and not fixing them properly.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

the publisher has a very bad reputation for releasing broken games and not fixing them properly.

Thanks for the heads up, HF. Broken games are one of my biggest pet peeves.

At the very least somebody has platted the game. The real reason is likely that nobody bought the game as i counted only 10 owners out of all the stacks so its a lack of popularity more then anything as this is the kind of game youd most likely buy for 3$ on a sale only to sit in a backlog until a guide randomly pops up here or on other sites which may increase the amount of owners.

More than likely a mix of general unpopularity + less active players being actively tracked across the board compared to, say, the PS3 and early PS4 days. Niche stuff like this gets hit especially hard by the lower amount of players around. Looking back, game owner counts generally never rested in the single and low-double digits outside of stuff like unreleased games and maybe the odd super-obscure regional list here and there. Meanwhile nowadays, it feels like a miracle if something niche cracks 1000-2000 owners, god forbid the low five-digit numbers that some niche titles managed on PS3, even remotely close to release and there's a hell of a lot more random games with <100 owners around. Hell, if you look hard enough, you can even be like me and be the only owner of a 100% plat because literally no one else tracked by the site played the game in question.

• Like 2

In addition to what has already been mentioned there is also just a lot more games being released on a weekly basis now compared to the past which divides attention and makes it hard for obscure indies to find an audience.

46 minutes ago, jgm4789 said:

the kind of game youd most likely buy for 3$ on a sale only to sit in a backlog

Can confirm. Bought it for $4 CAD a few months ago and it's sitting in my backlog.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 3