Safe to Play Online?

BestUsername----

16 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

About to revisit and clear some of my old PS3 games.

Was wondering if the PS3 version of Diablo 3 was safe to play online. As in I don't have to worry about someone auto-popping trophies like in Black Ops 2 or GTAV.

I haven't encountered anybody for the most part and seems to be pretty much dead, but on PS4, you may encounter players with modded gear. 

The game though can be done solo

• Like 1

I don't recall Diablo 3 having that issue on either of the 3 versions (OG, PS3 ROS and PS4). You would be more likely to run into someone with hacked gear, but since Diablo 3 is pretty old, most players would have moved on to either Diablo 3 on PS4 or PC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BestUsername---- said:

About to revisit and clear some of my old PS3 games.

Was wondering if the PS3 version of Diablo 3 was safe to play online. As in I don't have to worry about someone auto-popping trophies like in Black Ops 2 or GTAV.

No, no one can auto-pop your trophies in this game. And since the PS3 version of GTA V shut down, Black Ops 2 is the last big game that it can still happen in. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Is hacked gear allowed? I got a ton....

some guy just dropped them, i didnt think nothing of it, just phat loot at the time like borderlands.

No, it's not allowed as per leaderboard rules, but it's not easy to enforce this rule since use of modded gear can't really be tracked through trophy timestamps. I'm not sure if CRT do flag accounts that admit to using modded gear in games such as Borderlands, Dead Island, Diablo III, but I've read once that it's not allowed and you shouldn't also promote using of hacked weapons/equipment in any shape or form in the forum or gaming sessions part of PSNP. In other words, if someone ever drops you hacked gear in a game, just throw them away or, if not possible, never use it.

• Like 2