Play to the end, or stop after trophies?

172 members have voted

1. 1. Did you play to the end of the game, or stop after you got the last trophy?

• Used a guide and played to the end anyway.
    • Used a guide and stopped when the last trophy popped.
    • Didn't use a guide, so I didn't have all the trophies.
    • Didn't use a guide, but got all the trophies on my own, and still played to the end.
    • Didn't use a guide, but got all the trophies on my own, and stopped after the last one popped.

I find using guides for first time play throughs makes it a chore. An absolute chore. I will peruse a game guide for missable trophies in case I don't like it and don't want to play it again but that is about it. Once I learned about chapter select I played the game naturally and got all trophies but three. Then cleaned up some. The falling star trophy I did gain through natural play. I usually would take a look at the scenery in those places and the benches too. The one bench I didn't see was the whale song one ironically. I sat at every bench in that game for the view except the one that gave a trophy haha. Loved the dual stick controls and the mind twisting it would do as you got the characters switched on screen opposite the corresponding analog sticks.

Only game I've ever got all trophies in and wanted to quit was trine 2. I hated that game so much and for all the praise it got I just had no interest at all. But I still beat it. I beat any game that I own. I absolutely have to. I don't have to platinum them but I use 50% and beating the story mode to justify that I've adequately beaten a particular game. So sometimes I use guides to help me "finish a game" in the trophy sense. Certainly for trine 2 since I absolutely hated it haha. In trine 2 I got the trophies just to stop the pain but I just couldn't do it. Had to at least beat it too.

• 1 year later...

I always try to finish the stories, then do trophy cleanup. I actually got eleven trophies on my own because I really enjoy exploring the environments and interacting with everything I can. I only looked up the Love Birds one because I couldn't get it to pop. It helps to use the good controller and not the wonky one my nephews use. Darn L3 button! :angry:  Clean, oil and airdust your controllers regularly everyone! But yeah, I really like the story, though I figured it'd end that way. I've played enough of these kinds of games to be very familiar with their tropes. The game reviewers said similar things about it. It's worth it to finish it, since there's only a bit more to go. 

What an odd topic!  Lol    I thought Brothers was a great little game, thoroughly deserved all the praise it received...   Played the game to enjoy it then looked up a few things to mop up the trophies.  I think a little piece of my gaming soul died knowing some quite after the last trophy pop...heretics!!  :P

I forgot that it was once fashionable to 'bash' well regarded games, think TLoU and Bioshock Infinite got that treatment too, prob a few others...never really 'got it'?   And what's with selective OCD?   I just have to get all the trophies, get 100%...yet don't feel the compulsion to finish what is started when it comes to the game?   O.o   

• 4 years later...