Progressing primarily on PC

Question for all of the FF14 grinders out there. 

I have two characters on my account. One bard that I progressed to Stormblood content solely on PC. Another being a dragoon that I started from scratch last year to see how it felt playing on PlayStation.  

After performing my little experiment I can safely say that I'd much rather play on PC.  Ideally, I'd like to continue progressing my bard on PC while using my PS5 to do more grindy activities like Living Off the Land.

My question... when I boot up my bard on my PS5, will my progress be taken into account so that most trophies automatically pop? To my understanding things like savage raids will have to be done again on PS5 regardless if I cleared them on PC. Collectable and fate trophies will pop after getting a single collectible and clearing a single fate, assuming I've already met the trophy requirements on PC.

Is that right? Any other potential headaches I should be aware of as someone who wants to mostly play on PC?

13 minutes ago, Doodlebawp said:

Question for all of the FF14 grinders out there. 

I have two characters on my account. One bard that I progressed to Stormblood content solely on PC. Another being a dragoon that I started from scratch last year to see how it felt playing on PlayStation.  

After performing my little experiment I can safely say that I'd much rather play on PC.  Ideally, I'd like to continue progressing my bard on PC while using my PS5 to do more grindy activities like Living Off the Land.

My question... when I boot up my bard on my PS5, will my progress be taken into account so that most trophies automatically pop? To my understanding things like savage raids will have to be done again on PS5 regardless if I cleared them on PC. Collectable and fate trophies will pop after getting a single collectible and clearing a single fate, assuming I've already met the trophy requirements on PC.

Is that right? Any other potential headaches I should be aware of as someone who wants to mostly play on PC?

No there is no other headaches, you got it right!

What I don't get is why you made a second character in the first place! you can have all jobs on the same character while switching play between PC or PS anytime you want

• Like 1

Its going to be a bit of a grind.

Pretty much any trophy that wants you to clear content will have to be done again even if already completed. Complete X number of things trophies are usually tied to your in game progress and just need one more instance to unlock. 

However, all of the crafting ones, like craft 5,000 collectibles, start from 0 and have to be done on the PS5.

17 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

What I don't get is why you made a second character in the first place! you can have all jobs on the same character while switching play between PC or PS anytime you want

I either misread an old Reddit post or the commentor was wrong. I was initially under the impression that you could only get trophies on a character that progressed solely on PS5 🫠

Luckily, I decided to look into this again after seeing the new trailers drop.  Looking forward to catching up! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Eloras said:

Its going to be a bit of a grind.

Pretty much any trophy that wants you to clear content will have to be done again even if already completed. Complete X number of things trophies are usually tied to your in game progress and just need one more instance to unlock. 

However, all of the crafting ones, like craft 5,000 collectibles, start from 0 and have to be done on the PS5.

Not true, crafting collectibles works the same way as complete X number of things. In other words, you can do 4999 collectibles in PC and the final one in PS5 to unlock

• Like 1

I've finished Endwalker playing this game on PC. I've looked through the forums here and and I just want to make sure that my assumptions are correct:

- Story related trophies will pop after doing a side quest

- Quantity related trophies will pop after getting 1 more of that item.

I just don't want to log in with my PC account on PS5 and then have my trophies be in a messy state. Is there anything else I should know about this?

Thanks!

Yes, you're exactly right.

Variant dungeon paths trophies can be popped just by opening the dedicated menu, as well as island sanctuary lvl up trophies that you can directly get by going there if your level is already high enough.

All other trophies should be done directly on Playstation, like manderville weapons, raids, trials.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nintenman said:

So are there any missable trophies if you do them on PC instead of PS5?

Depends what you mean by missable.

You need an action to pop the trophy which is ranging from killing an enemy to trigger the trophy to, unfortunately, re-clearing savage tier, doing deep dungeons again etc.