A Final Hope to Players who want a Reset in 2024 (Full Support Dialogue)

burnix81

I also managed to get my save reset recently. All the points made in the OP are quite good suggestions. For way of reference to get my save reset took me about 50 messages and I always made sure that I replied as quickly as I could to their response. Eventually my case was escalated, and they told me not to reply in the meantime.

Fortunately the only trophy I was missing was Rough Terrain, so I was able to get the platinum. Good luck to everyone out there trying to get a save reset.

• Like 1

That's funny, I got this early this morning.  I imagine Sheisha is multiple people, but maybe it's not.  I replied and called her out on it, in case it's the same person.  😅  I have tried a couple of times for two years to get this resolved without any luck.  My wife passed away unexpectedly after the first attempt, so there's over a year-long gap between that case and the next case, for obvious reasons.  I really don't know why I've bothered.  More important things that require my time, honestly.  😄

Hello ####, Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support! I hope this email finds you in good health. I'm Sheisha and I appreciate you waiting patiently while we reported this issue. Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting this issue. We have now stopped post-launch support on this game, as our development team has moved on to other projects. Like discussed earlier, this is something we will be unable to fix or report, without any active development team being attached to the game anymore. We have no further updates planned for this title, so this issue will most likely remain in the game. We hope you will still be able to enjoy your time playing and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. You can find notifications regarding patches or known issues on our forums. We thank you for your patience and understanding. Thanks and Regards, Ubi-Sheisha Ubisoft Support.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ribbert01 said:

I think they're doing it for everyone now, I bugged the sh*t out of em for the last couple of weeks and they reset my save file and awards. 

And what exactly cause those glitches? Just garbage Ubisoft servers or what?

I'm really curious to know just how prevalent these glitches are, because they alone are making me balk at playing the game.

The issue isn't my profile completion; it's the prospect of investing 100+ hours without being fully rewarded for my efforts. 

I'm also not sure I'd have the patience to endure the Ubisoft support process, just for a chance at a quick reset.

• Like 2

What the f...?  More like "Final Boss of Online Trophies". I wouldn't even try it if there was infinite time to do it.

Guess they spent more time on writing these elaborate messages than acutally solving anything, "thank you" in every 2nd sentence.

So basically you have to make things up because let's say my game is working, just some statistic is broken and I want reset, too bad I can't do it myself.

Can't you unlink and link other ubi account? I guess no if you need to do this.

Well, good luck anyone trying.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

It could be a number of things. 

Those who are leaving negative posts, don't you have anything else better to do? 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 3:42 PM, pavelbagirov said:

Nobody knows for certain, though there is some suspicion that if your game crashes or hangs and you dashboard out, that it could be caused by that, at least sometimes.

• Like 1

Would anyone have an idea as to why ubisoft support can't locate my save even though I gave them both my ubisoft name and psn name (for my ubisoft name I couldn't use the same name as my psn name due to it saying unavailable)?

• Like 1

I haven't heard that one, maybe a new excuse on their end to avoid doing their job?  Is it a regional thing?  That is, are you located in North America but talking to Euro support?

After they gave me the "we don't do anything for trophies" BS, I updated and said that now I couldn't even log in to the game, linked the video, and said I was stuck spinning on trying to get in and couldn't play with my son because of it.  I had to be persistent again because they went back into the generic, canned responses after that with links to self-troubleshooting steps, etc., but eventually they came back a few responses later and had reset my progress, and I was finally able to get the platinum trophy a week or so ago.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, OldManTBalt said:

I haven't heard that one, maybe a new excuse on their end to avoid doing their job?  Is it a regional thing?  That is, are you located in North America but talking to Euro support?

After they gave me the "we don't do anything for trophies" BS, I updated and said that now I couldn't even log in to the game, linked the video, and said I was stuck spinning on trying to get in and couldn't play with my son because of it.  I had to be persistent again because they went back into the generic, canned responses after that with links to self-troubleshooting steps, etc., but eventually they came back a few responses later and had reset my progress, and I was finally able to get the platinum trophy a week or so ago.

how did you edit the video?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OldManTBalt said:

I'm in Australia and I've been using the en-us support page.

I will reply to a few of you guys here.

On 1/24/2024 at 5:53 AM, willmill97 said:

spacer.png

Fuck this! Absolutely fuming!! I wasn't aware about the fact I shouldn't mention trophies, I will try saying I can't get in the game at all..

Yes! One of the biggest mistakes people make is mentioning the main purpose for a reset is trophies. From what I can tell, Ubisoft higher ups must have 'trophophobia'. Try get a video of the main menu infinitely loading with your username at the start and they should take that seriously and get you on your way.

On 1/28/2024 at 1:58 PM, Mullet345 said:

Would anyone have an idea as to why ubisoft support can't locate my save even though I gave them both my ubisoft name and psn name (for my ubisoft name I couldn't use the same name as my psn name due to it saying unavailable)?

To what @OldManTBalt said, not probably but a definitely that they're just stalling. You've said you've given them usernames for both and that's more than enough for them to find something. All saves are server based which is why people face weeks to months trying to get a reset with a useless support team. You also mentioned the support region. I'm Australian too and I used the en-us with success so I think just stay persistent with that or if you want, change regions. Some people say others are better but I think its more anecdotal and that the success rates aren't that measurable. Keep me posted, I will try help you through if you need :)

Also @OldManTBalt I don't know if it means anything but I read your message from a few weeks ago and just wanted to give my condolences. No one deserves that so I'm really sorry that's happened. Glad you got the result you needed from support though. Hope the thread helped somewhat :)

On 1/27/2024 at 8:02 AM, Mullet345 said:

For my case support are saying they are unable to find my save and can't do a reset. Is our save tied to our psn account or our ubisoft account?

Here's the same case as me.

I also heard that my psn id is not in The Crew.

I'm angry, but I've given up...

• Like 1

Don't give up guys, it's a usual thing when supports are being incompetent and not willing to help just trying to make you think it's useless so they can close the ticket asap. Keep pushing them, send screenshots with PSN/Ubisoft username, ask which region/country they've searched in and eventually that ticket should go to the right person who has brains and will be able to help or escalate to a proper person/division. Took me 4 months to sort out something with Sony support back in the days although it looked hopeless too after their stupid replies but I kept pushing and made them give up instead and solve my issue

Edited by KingSkovald
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 11:29 PM, GoldenCrecscent said:

Can we use the case number?

The case number is just the number attached to the Ubisoft Support case you open. The one I used in the dialogue was referencing the first case I opened. You wouldn't really need to bring it up unless you opened more than one case (which could've previously got closed, idk for me I couldn't reopen the original one after 4-5 months). If you're asking if you want to use mine, maybe? 😅

I don't know how good it would look for me when Ubisoft find out I wrote a hate post on their support. Worst case scenario, I get a ban or something. Just tell them my friend had the same problem and refer the case number. Sound good? 🙂

On 1/31/2024 at 12:26 AM, Mellenthin said:

Thank you Burnix for bringing to light how poor Ubisoft's support is and for convincing me to never buy anything from Ubisoft again.🙂

Don't you worry, you're very welcome :)

There's still good Ubisoft games to play but in the long run myself, I'm also going to look towards different developers who care about their customers more. Not only that but quality of their games too. I'm playing Trials Fusion, one of their games from the 2010's and one of their DLC trophies is for a dating simulator with a squirrel. As a man, why do I want to endure that cringe in my family loungeroom? 🤦‍♂️

I'm still getting the "can't locate your account save" response myself, but I've now told them I'm from Australia so hopefully that will lead to them finding it. I don't know what else I can do if they tell me they still can't locate it even after telling them which country/region I am from.

• Like 1

Maybe if you weren't beating around the bush playing mystery mind games and being rude, they would've done it much, much sooner? Why couldn't you just come out and say you want an account reset? And i dont see where it was shut down asking about trophy glitches.