Tomb Raider 2 on PS4

So I recently replayed tomb raider on ps4 and it reminded me how much I actually enjoyed the game, I even got a platinum. I started thinking about the potential sequel and how they can improve upon the first game. What are your thoughts?

I made a video on youtube regarding this called :  Tomb raider 2 on next gen. So if you want to you can check it out

It's already confirmed to be well into development, with globe-trotting. I really do hope they have some more complex puzzles this time. Tomb Raider 2013 was too much shooting... The older games are still the better games imo.

• Like 3

I too played it on PS4 and enjoyed every second of the single....Lara has retaken her place as the best video game treasure plunderer (I'm looking at you Drake)

If theres anything to go by the interesting little bit of data you get after collecting all the GPS, then the sequel sound be interesting and is guaranteed...If the quality stays up this could be a great series....

As far as the multiplayer, they either need to remove it or make it more unqiue and complex, its not as bad as some people have made it out, its just too plain...

I want two improvements:

Tune up the climbing mechanics. I can't tell you how many times I jumped for a stupid zipline and her hands go right through it! :P The mechanics weren't necessarily bad, they just need to be a little more polished in places. Assassin's creed and uncharted climbing mechanics got better as sequels were released. So, I expect no less for Tomb Raider 2. 

My second complaint and this one is a pretty major complaint, is the multiplayer. The multiplayer is not unplayable like many say it is, but it is an utter mess. People run way to fast. Yeah, I could say some of it is just bad aiming on my part, but it's like twice the speed you can go on SP, which doesn't make much sense. Also, the spawning is terrible (with a friend or at the base. Are you kidding me?!?). Not Quantum of Solace bad, but terrible compared to other multiplayers. I've died quite a few times immediately after I responded and it's annoy with the waiting time and all. Worst of all, is the melee system combined with the terrible lag and glitchiness. I usually have people charge at me with their ax and they'll glitch right through me and all of a sudden, I get assassinated from behind. I mean, what in the hell! This doesn't just happen every once in a while this happens ALL the time. The lagginess and gitchiness in the game gives those with a crappy connection an advantage. I get the whole stealth thing, but at least let there be some sort of charging time for it... not just hold :triangle:, charge at me, and Oh look, I've been killed from behind even though he was right in front of me!

The SP is one of the best SPs I've played in a long time, but the multiplayer is a mess. the MP should be at the same quality as the SP, not just half the quality IMO.

• Like 1

I thought that the game was pretty good  and didn't had any major issues, maybe the climbing could be tweeked a bit. But what I really hated was the MP. At first I wanted to go for the plat but after playing few matches of that c*ap I just gave up...

God dammit! Seeing the title i tought they were releasing a HD version of tomb raider 2 for ps4

exactly my thought

The biggest change I want to see is some actual tomb raiding. While the few that were in Tomb Raider were fairly well done and fun (but easy) to figure out, there weren't very many and they were far too short. If they make another Tomb Raider they should include a lot more tombs, maybe some optional and some mandatory, because that is kind of the whole point of Lara's adventures. 

Parker

• Like 4

Yeah, its been confirmed already :D Can't wait.

Expect a full trailer/gameplay release at E3.

Loved number 'one', apart from the shittttty MP.

Never liked the originals, this was the first TR i played for longer then a mission and I loved it.

I'd just like them to improve the multiplayer. It was fun, but felt kind of empty.

Obviously, we'll get more tombs and adventures in the sequel. Have to remember that this new one was a reboot, and an origin story. Lara was just trying to survive, and was just becoming a tomb raider. That's why the game only had a few, easy, tombs.

Drop the MP altogether I'd say.  It was always tacked-on.  Put that time and effort into Tombs and awesome set pieces and you'll have yourself an excellent TR game I'm sure.

"Oh, I love Tomb Raider games, but I wish they came with a generic and tedious multiplayer too"... said no-one ever.

I want two improvements:

Tune up the climbing mechanics. I can't tell you how many times I jumped for a stupid zipline and her hands go right through it! :P The mechanics weren't necessarily bad, they just need to be a little more polished in places. Assassin's creed and uncharted climbing mechanics got better as sequels were released. So, I expect no less for Tomb Raider 2. 

My second complaint and this one is a pretty major complaint, is the multiplayer. The multiplayer is not unplayable like many say it is, but it is an utter mess. People run way to fast. Yeah, I could say some of it is just bad aiming on my part, but it's like twice the speed you can go on SP, which doesn't make much sense. Also, the spawning is terrible (with a friend or at the base. Are you kidding me?!?). Not Quantum of Solace bad, but terrible compared to other multiplayers. I've died quite a few times immediately after I responded and it's annoy with the waiting time and all. Worst of all, is the melee system combined with the terrible lag and glitchiness. I usually have people charge at me with their ax and they'll glitch right through me and all of a sudden, I get assassinated from behind. I mean, what in the hell! This doesn't just happen every once in a while this happens ALL the time. The lagginess and gitchiness in the game gives those with a crappy connection an advantage. I get the whole stealth thing, but at least let there be some sort of charging time for it... not just hold :triangle:, charge at me, and Oh look, I've been killed from behind even though he was right in front of me!

The SP is one of the best SPs I've played in a long time, but the multiplayer is a mess. the MP should be at the same quality as the SP, not just half the quality IMO.

...or maybe no multiplayer at all. A co-op would do just fine for Tomb Raider the least, but not necessary. Even worse to make trophies.

• Like 3

1- more tomb to raid.

2- make it focus more on survival element than the current one, tomb raider was still good but it's more action gun blazing than survival, yeah it tooks much element from U3 so it doesn't hurt to rip-off the last of us in the sequel, and added more complex climbing part into it just like the ones in the original tomb raider series in the 5th generation era.

3- for god sake lower or remove the stupid bullet absorbing sponge enemies!

i shot an enemy with a maxed out shotgun at close range on his face twice and he still get back up fighting me.

4- remove the Meh.. already done that multiplayer and focus 100% on an awesome single player campaign or improve it's online play, i don't know, go creative!

5- bring back lara's back pack!

...or maybe no multiplayer at all. A co-op would do just fine for Tomb Raider the least, but not necessary. Even worse to make trophies.

Co-op would be a cool idea.  I love co-op.  Co-op tombs with puzzles that require 2 players (a la Portal 2 style) would be cool.

• Like 1

Tomb raider is on my PS4 ready to go but got so many other games to play I haven't got round to playing it. Wonder if I will have started by the time number 2 comes out....

Edited by Malfuras

Yeah that would be great (and I'm pretty sure there's one confirmed to be in development too?)

As others have said though, the most important thing to me is some actual (and more detailed) TOMB RAIDING. The puzzles in the recent game were few and far between, and not particularly difficult at all. While the shooting was fun, it was mainly the exploratory elements that 'made the game' for me; the atmosphere was also great.

I didn't even try to play the MP, it looked so dry and derivative that I completely passed it by :P

I don't think the multiplayer needs to be removed, just steered into a direction that feels more like it belongs in Tomb Raider. I liked the idea of manipulating the field with snares, tripwires and my favourite, the lightning rods. I reckon they could have collect specific kinds of supplies to use the environment (so in a way like The Last of Us, but crafting has to be done specifically at a location, changing the strategy).

Guns don't need to be severely weakened. I felt that most of them we're fine, with the exception of the Hitman weapons being OP. I do think abilities might need a recheck. I would prefer perks brought in as performance benefits that cater to playstyle.

Id also like dense maps. I really feel that this would be more like a Tomb Raider g multiplayer if there was plenty of open space but plenty of line of sight blockers such as buildings and foliage. Really make it diverse so you don't get people playing in the same nooks and crannies. And on that note, no terribly designed based. Terrible spawn trapping in Definitive.

So I recently replayed tomb raider on ps4 and it reminded me how much I actually enjoyed the game, I even got a platinum. I started thinking about the potential sequel and how they can improve upon the first game. What are your thoughts?

I made a video on youtube regarding this called :  Tomb raider 2 on next gen. So if you want to you can check it out

Tomb raider 2? you talking about this? (because this is the only tomb raider 2 that i know) lol :P