To All The PSVR 2 Owners Who Wear Glasses: What Do You Use To Protect The Lenses?

MrTacoNinja

I use glasses for the PSVR1, but I never had any problem playing without protection. When you set them up the console tells you that if you use glasses it's better to use them with the VR.

After playing I clean them with the normal spray cleaner that the optician gives you.

Edited by Jeanolt

Back in the PSVR1 days I used to cut a rubber tube from the hardware store to fit over the top of the frame of my glasses and it worked alright.

Shortly after getting my PSVR2 I ordered prescription lenses from https://honsvr.com/ and that experience has indeed been night and day. The comfort is leagues better than wearing glasses under the headset, the picture feels sharper and the FOV bigger.

Hons have been reviewd to have this issue where they get lose over time and eventually stop having a tight fit, but I almost never remove them and thus wear them down, so I haven't had that issue yet.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2024 at 9:54 AM, VeganVermithor said:

Back in the PSVR1 days I used to cut a rubber tube from the hardware store to fit over the top of the frame of my glasses and it worked alright.

Shortly after getting my PSVR2 I ordered prescription lenses from https://honsvr.com/ and that experience has indeed been night and day. The comfort is leagues better than wearing glasses under the headset, the picture feels sharper and the FOV bigger.

Hons have been reviewd to have this issue where they get lose over time and eventually stop having a tight fit, but I almost never remove them and thus wear them down, so I haven't had that issue yet.

On 1/15/2024 at 3:41 PM, VenlafaxineHead said:

I bought these. They work extremely well. Easy to snap in or take out and made a big difference for me. 

I ordered the plano lenses. I don't wear glasses. Why do I sometimes get a green-colored glare? Also, due to how low I need the headset on my face for the best possible "sweet spot" the Hons lenses are painful and dig into the bridge of my nose.

• 3 weeks later...

any glasses wearer should get prescription inserts. Mine are from VR Optician and like others said. It drastically improves your experience with VR. Bigger FOV, more comfort, less hassle, less anxiety on scratching lens, etc.