Is PS+ Extra version sufficient for platinum? + State of MP in 2024?

HusKy

Is PS+ Extra version sufficient for platinum? There's a lot of DLC for this game, not sure if any is needed or at very least beneficial on platinum journey.

What about MP? Are there still people playing this game, especially mass races which need lots of players to start?

Hey @HusKy

I decided to download the game, played two mass races and three FFA events 6 players lobby so far took less than 3 minutes to start. 

I believe this game is not as crowded as It was before so better start now than later

It's 100% but some trophies don't track correctly. 

• Like 1

@HusKy The DLC is not required for the platinum, I played the base game PS Plus version and was able to get the plat. The biggest grind is completing the required number of mass races, otherwise there's nothing too bad 

I think I boosted a couple MP races for some easy wins as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Squall__x said:

Hey @HusKy

I decided to download the game, played two mass races and three FFA events 6 players lobby so far took less than 3 minutes to start. 

I believe this game is not as crowded as It was before so better start now than later

It's 100% but some trophies don't track correctly. 

Thanks! The last few posts here suggest that it's very hard to find people online but you only waited for 3 mins:

I'm wondering if you had just luck or you used different region for MP?

How long from booting the game does it take to unlock access to FFA and Mass races? I could check on my alt.

Edited by HusKy

1 hour ago, Squall__x said:

You get to race people worldwide, there is no region lock

Just played some and still was able to play normally. I don't like this game, I am finishing it asap though. The future is not bright haha!

Thanks for all the info, I will think about the game and might skip it after all. xD

@HusKy All in all, I do not recommend this game. It was fun for a while, but it grew old for me quite quickly, the required grind was quite harsh but what killed the game for me was the buggy progress-tracking.

As for FFA events, as I said in another thread, the regular ones were almost impossible, but every now and then they rotated and the special ones were rather quick, so that wasn't too bad. But as for the mass races, I needed 50 for the trophy, yet I ended up with 80 or so (they start at every half hour, each one takes roughly 15-20 minutes and you don't have to play them actively, but going completely afk will very quickly kick you out). The same goes for district captures, of which you need 30, but the trophy popped for me way later.

When you look at the ratings of the game, however, they are not too bad, so there is definitely some player base for it, and there were always people in mass races. Since it's free, maybe watch some more gameplay before you decide ;)  For reference, I found Steep way, way better.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

For reference, I found Steep way, way better.

Yeah, that's basically why I was looking at this game.

Meanwhile I started a different game so this one goes "back on the shelf". Might skip it altogether.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/21/2024 at 1:28 AM, HusKy said:

Is PS+ Extra version sufficient for platinum? There's a lot of DLC for this game, not sure if any is needed or at very least beneficial on platinum journey.

What about MP? Are there still people playing this game, especially mass races which need lots of players to start?

You don't need a lot of people to start mass races. I know this is a few months late, but the PS5 races (Ive only done 2) were super crowded. Both started with a full group. However, I've played some on Xbox, and started a mass race this morning with just 3 of us. 

Just info for future readers of this thread :)