Original Gamer [Trophy Help]

I'm back again, guys.

So, I made the mistake of waiting until I beat the story to go for the Original gamer trophy and I'm running into some major difficulties. I've also completed all the homestead missions so when I go to play Fanorona, it isn't against Achilles.

Can anyone give me some tips and help a girl out?

i used a cheeky method to beat this, that i found somewhere on the internet. Download the fonorora phone app, then set its difficulty to the highest. Now go back to Ac3 to play fonorora and make sure to let the opponent start. On the phone start a game as well but make sure you go first. Now replicate the moves that the Ac3 AI makes, onto your phone. The phones AI being set to the highest difficulty will do the best move for any given situation. Replicate its move on Ac3. Do this for every move and you will win without any trouble.

I hope that makes sense... :rolleyes:

Edited by nenugalimas
  • Like 3

You don't have to play against Achilles for it to count. Just play a game and you will get some random opponent and it works. This is the way I did it. As for tips on the game itself. If you want to try and do it yourself without a program or app you really have to anticipate what your opponent will do after your move to try and limit how many pieces they can take. It took me quite a few tries just to figure out the rules of taking pieces in regards to some diagonal moves. Keep practicing and good luck!

i used a cheeky method to beat this, that i found somewhere on the internet. Download the fonorora phone app, then set its difficulty to the highest. Now go back to Ac3 to play fonorora and make sure to let the opponent start. On the phone start a game as well but make sure you go first. Now replicate the moves that the Ac3 AI makes, onto your phone. The phones AI being set to the highest difficulty will do the best move for any given situation. Replicate its move on Ac3. Do this for every move and you will win without any trouble.

I hope that makes sense... :rolleyes:

This, I used an online version on my computer though.  It doesn't always work because of variance in rules the games use but it should work out eventually.  That or watch a Youtube video of someone beating the game and keep restarting until their game plays out the same way as yours.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I just need to rant about fanorona for a minute because it's driving me nuts. I tried for ages to win it legit but unlike Morris I just cannot for the life of me manage to understand this game properly, once it gets down to only a few pieces I just cannot manage to do anything but slowly move about as he puts me in positions where I cannot move without having my pieces taken until I lose. All of the online java resources that various forums and guides point to won't run. I've tried several android apps but there's always something wrong, usually because I can't replicate Achilles move because it wants me to take more pieces than he did. The only one I did find that allowed me to end turns mid-chain and thus perfectly replicate Achilles apparently just didn't have a strong enough AI because it always ended up in a stalemate or loss. Most of the apps on the store just straight up didn't have the board size that AC III plays on. Taking a break from it now to play some more of the story but god I have no idea how I'm gonna manage this one.

EDIT: I finally got it using the program downloadable here: http://www.zillions-of-games.com/demo/

I feel pretty cheap after it but I'm just really glad it's over. I enjoyed morris once I got the hang of it but fanorona was just too much for me.

Edited by Jon-Patrick-S

• 1 month later...

I just need to rant about fanorona for a minute because it's driving me nuts. I tried for ages to win it legit but unlike Morris I just cannot for the life of me manage to understand this game properly, once it gets down to only a few pieces I just cannot manage to do anything but slowly move about as he puts me in positions where I cannot move without having my pieces taken until I lose. All of the online java resources that various forums and guides point to won't run. I've tried several android apps but there's always something wrong, usually because I can't replicate Achilles move because it wants me to take more pieces than he did. The only one I did find that allowed me to end turns mid-chain and thus perfectly replicate Achilles apparently just didn't have a strong enough AI because it always ended up in a stalemate or loss. Most of the apps on the store just straight up didn't have the board size that AC III plays on. Taking a break from it now to play some more of the story but god I have no idea how I'm gonna manage this one.

EDIT: I finally got it using the program downloadable here: http://www.zillions-of-games.com/demo/

I feel pretty cheap after it but I'm just really glad it's over. I enjoyed morris once I got the hang of it but fanorona was just too much for me.

Too bad the demo doesnt include nine men morris, you can only play five men morris.

Nine men morris is easy. Always attack the three corners. AI do not think diagonally and I have won on the first try. For example, you put a chip in the first corner and diagonally to the other corner. Then take the third angle and 100% you're ahead.

The hardest part was to win the game Fanorona. :devil:   I played three hours until I mastered the technique. And in general, do not like that Fanorona. Chess is a million times better and more intelligent. Fanorona is very bad and I do not like. 

The mill is similar to tic tac toe. A similar logic of attacking. Fanorona is just bad and not supposed to be in AC3. It would be better to put poker as RDR or chess.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
9 minutes ago, KOTOR4240 said:

To anyone suggesting that you download a Fanorona App onto your cell phone, that doesn't work. Plus, you do realize that the AI changes moves and strategies each time you play Fanorona, right?

Yes, the idea is that you set up a game on your phone/computer, and you mimic all the moves the AI in AC does against you, then let your app tell you how to respond to them and follow suit with your pieces in AC.

It works really well once you find a working app.