Favourite PS4 PS+ Free Game So Far?

FluffyAssassin64

PS4 PS+ Free Games  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Which PS4 PS+ free games have you played?

• Resogun
    • Contrast
    • Don't Starve
    • Outlast
    • Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
    • Mercenary Kings
    • Stick It to the Man!
    • PixelJunk Shooter: Ultimate
    • Trine 2: Complete Story
    • Doki-Doki Universe (Cross-buy)
    • Strider
    • TowerFall: Ascension
    • Fez
    • Road Not Taken
  2. 2. Which PS4 PS+ Free Game has been your favourite so far?

• Resogun
    • Contrast
    • Don't Starve
    • Outlast
    • Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
    • Mercenary Kings
    • Stick It to the Man!
    • PixelJunk Shooter: Ultimate
    • Trine 2: Complete Story
    • Doki-Doki Universe
    • Strider
    • TowerFall: Ascension
    • Fez
    • Road Not Taken

Looking through my collection of PS4 games, I realised that most of them are digital (i.e. the free games released with PS+ each month).

There have been a very diverse (and interesting) range of games released so far; most of them Indie, and most (if not all) of them good quality. And I've found that I've actually had a lot more fun with these games than I though I would (Stick It to the Man! is a case in point; funny and fun to play, but I never would have bought it if it wasn't free.)

My questions are:

1. Which of the free PS4 PS+ games released so far have you got and played?
  2. Which has been your favourite so far?

For me, it's:

1. All of them apart from Don't Starve :D
  2. Resogun

My overall order in terms of favourite would be:

1. Resogun (my 1st PS4 platinum   :awesome:  I loved the heck out of this game; something so different to most other games these days but so much fun!)
  2. Outlast (excellent horror game, atmosphere great, challenging but achievable trophies, fun!)
  3. Mercenary Kings (never thought I'd like this game; I hated it at first! After playing for a bit though, I got absolutely addicted! 60 hours later, I finally got the platinum :P Definitely worth a play if you like old school, 2D shooters)
  4. Dead Nation (stellar zombie game, great twin-stick shooting action, highly repayable and fun going for trophies... unfortunately I had no co-op buddies though :()
  5. Stick It to the Man! (actually very fun; I've posted a whole new topic about why it's definitely worth a play... some hilarious and fun time with a game I never would have bought otherwise)
  6. PixelJunk Shooter: Ultimate (Fast and frantic gameplay and a lot of fun in general. Fantastic bosses, fun gameplay, beautiful graphics... just generally awesome)
  7. Contrast (excellent atmosphere and premise, but relatively poor execution. Most of the gameplay simply wasn't that fun... but I still enjoyed my time in this dark world)

What about you? Have you gotten all of the free PS+ games on PS4 so far? Which is your favourite?

THIS WILL BE UPDATED MONTHY

Edited by FluffyAssassin64

I passed Dead Nation, I already tried the one that came with the Welcome Back program, but didn't enjoy it. I tried Merc Kings, but didn't like it straight away, and I've so far not played Stick it to the Man, but it's downloaded and ready.

The rest I've played. As for my fave.... it's really too close to call between Resogun and Outlast. I put Outlast on the vote, but I like them both as much as each other. Don't Starve is alright, but frustrating beyond words sometimes, and Contrast was ok, but nothing special or great. Just ok. I wonder what's next.

I've downloaded and played all of them and my favorite of the bunch has to be Resogun. Super fun game, one of the best on the 8th generation systems at the moment in my opinion. 

Parker

Holy crap! You know I never realized we were on 8th generation consoles! Suppose you lose track when you start skipping generations completely like I did.

I voted Resogun also. So much fun and the game I went back to time and time again. If i could survive the final boss for the 1cc Trophy i'd be alot happier but ah well.

Edited by Malfuras

Haven't touched Stick it to the Man! yet and still haven't finished Outlast because i'm a chicken....

Resogun is my favourite and had a blast getting the platinum (I'm excited for future DLC)

But Don't Starve is a really close second, love the gothic atmosphere and challenge...

Mercenary Kings and Dead Nation are good but I rarely play them solo, much more fun with friends..

Contrast was alright and I need to get back to it..

Over all i' very pleased with the PS plus games on PS4 so far :D they offer a nice change from the FPS's I spam....

Outlast is my favorite, although im playing and shaking ( not that im scared im just not sure why :unsure: )
my least favorite would be don't starve, I just don't get whats the point of the game... I didn't even play it with my main profile just turned it on on sub acc played few mins and deleted it

Resogun is the best by far. The rest for me are

2.Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition

3. Stick it to the Man

4. Outlast

5.Contrast

6.Mercenary Kings

7.Don't Starve

• Like 1

Contrast was amazing. I absolutely loved it. I thought it had a good story and the gameplay was just awesome. I got it free for PS4 when it launched but bought it again for PS3 because I liked it so much. I hope there's a sequel or the devs make another game with the shadow jumping elements.

I've played all of them but I can't decide which one was the best so...

Don't Starve - Brilliant, unique and overall fun but frustrating game. It felt like a more adult and complex version of Minecraft with a dark twist.

Resogun - The arcade shooter that we all loved packed with some nice visuals and few new game tweaks. It's so simple but still so much fun.
Outlast - One of the creepiest games I've ever played, but really not so scary. I'd say they could've done a better job with the ending but it was a great game anyway