DLC Discussion

I wish they had a Stage, BGM Bundle with a reasonable price tag, There is no way in hell I'm getting those $6 Voice packs or that Bundle that costs more then the actual game. I Love BlazBlue, But hate the Overpricing of their DLC; that is my only complaint with the series. 

Also the Alter/costume Noel seams the same(Chrono Phantasma Noel move set) except she has 2 astral Finishes, the Calamity Trigger 1 & the New 1.

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 1

I wish they had a Stage, BGM Bundle with a reasonable price tag, There is no way in hell I'm getting those $6 Voice packs or that Bundle that costs more then the actual game. I Love BlazBlue, But hate the Overpricing of their DLC; that is my only complaint with the series. 

Also the Alter/costume Noel seams the same(Chrono Phantasma Noel move set) except she has 2 astral Finishes, the Calamity Trigger 1 & the New 1.

Talking about PS3 or Vita version? i didn't see any Stage DLC on Vita

also is that BGM Bundle alternative music to all characters or what? Voice packs i would pass though lol

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

Talking about PS3 or Vita version? i didn't see any Stage DLC on Vita

also is that BGM Bundle alternative music to all characters or what? Voice packs i would pass though lol

Ah sorry i forgot this was the vita section, but yes i meant the ps3. I think since the vita version just came out later then the ps3's release date, they'll update the vita's dlc later on; Although A Cross Buy would have been awesome as well , but who knows? Maybe there's some differences between the 2 versions? Although I don't think there are, besides the Graphics of course. 

Unfortunately There is no stages & BGM bundle right now.

If you want to know more Information on all Chrono Phantasma DLC then check this Link:

http://blazblueuniverse.com/dlc-info

Edited by DarknessKey92

I spent the rest of my psn $ buying the Unlimited Characters pack :c I hope it goes back to being an in game purchase with the game currency  :angry:

You can unlock the unlimited characters, no need to purchase them... hint beat Unlimited Mars with the character you desire.

None of the DLC is really compulsory though except for maybe Terumi and Kokonoe so I don't see a problem with the pricing in my opinion and as for Noel she was advertised as such also it'd be her Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift and Continuum Shift EXTEND Astral Finish but it does give her a far easier Astral Heat to perform too bad it doesn't count for the trophy.

You can unlock the unlimited characters, no need to purchase them... hint beat Unlimited Mars with the character you desire.

None of the DLC is really compulsory though except for maybe Terumi and Kokonoe so I don't see a problem with the pricing in my opinion and as for Noel she was advertised as such also it'd be her Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift and Continuum Shift EXTEND Astral Finish but it does give her a far easier Astral Heat to perform too bad it doesn't count for the trophy.

Sure all the DLC isn't compulsory, but neither was the need to price them soo high; other then greed. Plus All that DLC used to be "In-game" Unlockable(Calamity Trigger). Now we need to pay for something that used to be "in the game" itself as a complete Game, unlocked through meeting mile stones(beat Story/Arcade) without having to waste an extra $. So in a way it is compulsory if you want to experience the full game for what it truly is(I'm not talking about the voices or colors, since i don't really care for those; what i mean is the stages & characters). Also if you look at all the BB:CP DLC that's on the PSN Store, they are all 2.3MB...from Kagura, Voices Pack to a Kokonoe. What does that mean? People think they are Downloading Content that's separate from the Finished Disc's Retail Copy, but what you are actually downloading is Keys to content that is already on your Disk. Your Disk & mine have Everything they have selling, but won't let you use it; until you decide to Spend an extra $. In other words they are pulling a Capcom on us. I've seen other games sell the same type of DLC they are selling for a much more reasonable lower price. Also instead of making Bundles for DLC we actually want to get, they make those deals for DLC we don't need a 2nd thought to pass on. 

It's okay if you don't see a problem with that, more power to ya; but a lot of us don't want to waste more then we should.

Again that's my "Only" Problem with the Series. It's still one of my Fav. Fighting game series out there, but I would rather donate to them to keep the company strong then pay these outrageous prices.

I can understand the all characters Unlimited DLC, since it's a real pain to do Unlimited mars with all characters(including those you rarely use), but kagura was unnecessary, since I mean who isn't going to do the story mode? 

Edited by DarknessKey92

Sure the DLC isn't compulsory, but neither was the need to price them soo high; other then greed. Plus All that DLC used to be "In-game" Unlockable(Calamity Trigger). Now we need to pay for something that used to be "in the game" itself as a complete Game, unlocked through meeting mile stones(beat Story/Arcade) without having to waste an extra $. Also if you look at all the BB:CP DLC that's on the PSN Store, they are all 2.3MB...from Kagura, Voices Pack to a Kokonoe. What does that mean? People think they are Downloading Content that's separate from the Finished Disc's Retail Copy, but what you are actually downloading is Keys to content that is already on your Disk. Your Disk & mine have Everything they have selling, but won't let you use it; until you decide to Spend an extra $. In other words they are pulling a Capcom on us. I've seen other games sell the same type of DLC they are selling for a much more reasonable lower price. Also instead of making Bundles for DLC we actually want to get, they make those deals for DLC we don't need a 2nd thought to pass on. 

It's okay if you don't see a problem with that, more power to ya; but a lot of us don't want to waste more then we should.

Again that's my "Only" Problem with the Series. It's still one of my Fav. Fighting game series out there, but I would rather donate to them to keep the company strong then pay these outrageous prices. 

Kagura is a quick unlock, you unlock him via clearing story mode and as I said before the Unlimited characters are the same deal just clear Unlimited Mars with whomever you want the Unlimited form of and the colour packs weren't unlockables in Calamity Trigger at all besides you get some via in-game, voice sets have been 50/50 going by past games if you played EXTEND you'd know only some are unlockable not all.

Also Kokonoe and Terumi data was included via patches on the Japanese version much like how Platinum, Makoto and Valkenhayn were done for the original Continuum Shift(note the character patches were over 100MB each), the patches add their data and you pay for an unlock so a bit different from Capcom, also why should the US version come with everything installed when the Japanese version didn't they had to wait for patch data and then a purchase although Terumi is arguably not that just a special bonus.

Just because everything was done before an English release doesn't entitle you to everything from the start.

EDIT:

Classic Noel is a different case hence why I didn't mention her and as for the colour packs I am aware they came preinstalled on the PAL version but that was done as a goodwill gesture due to the PAL delays so again different cases there.

Edited by Kochiya Shana

Kagura is a quick unlock, you unlock him via clearing story mode and as I said before the Unlimited characters are the same deal just clear Unlimited Mars with whomever you want the Unlimited form of and the colour packs weren't unlockables in Calamity Trigger at all, voice sets have been 50/50 going by past games if you played EXTEND you'd know only some are unlockable not all.

Also Kokonoe and Terumi data was included via patches on the Japanese version much like how Platinum, Makoto and Valkenhayn were done for the original Continuum Shift(note the character patches were over 100MB), the patches add their data and you pay for an unlock so a bit different from Capcom, also why should the US version come with everything installed when the Japanese version didn't they had to wait for patch data and then a purchase although Terumi is arguably not that just a special bonus.

Just because everything was done before an English release doesn't entitle you to everything from the start.

EDIT:

Classic Noel is a different case hence why I didn't mention her and as for the colour packs I am aware they came preinstalled on the PAL version but that was done as a goodwill gesture due to the PAL delays so again different cases there.

I already talked about Kagura & Unlimited on my last post.

As for the colors, Calamity was its first game & you can't expect it to have the same amount of colors as Phantasma. It was a game when you compare to Pantasma was limited, and later as the series progressed included more. As for the Voices, sure not all had a voice pack, but at least we didn't need to pay for them back then(until they decided to charge for it).

The reason The Japanese Version had to wait for patches was because they hadn't developed the content yet, and was being added through mandatory update/patch when done; so as I said before your game will have the content, but you won't be able to access it without paying. Why should the US Release have all the patches/content already on the disc? Well Since the content that didn't exist back then is available now, then why wouldn't they add it on the disk already? Plus the company added it not us, so it's not our fault our version has it.

So just because you had to wait for the Patches & wait as it installed, you want us all to wait too? 

Well regardless we all still had to pay outrages prices to access them. I had no issue paying for the characters, but paying for things like Voices, colors, and BGM is silly(especially at those prices. Fighting Games Should only have Chargeable DLC for "Characters, Stages, or Story progressions".

But The point isn't what was added or not on who's version, the point is the Price of them and that they actually expect us to pay for them just because we are fans.

Also if content is unlockable through effort then what reason, besides milking $ should you sell a Key for it(This regards Kagura DLC Key). Story Mode isn't hard at all, and if your DLC customer is a fan enough to buy those other DLCs then what makes them believe they won't finish Story Mode.

Since when is a Bundle(Voices without the game) that out prices the price tag of the Game a reasonable thing? The existence of the bundle tells us they actually expected us to buy them all.

Your question shouldn't be "Why did the US version have all the Patches Installed on the Disc?" but instead "Why should we all have to pay for above average priced content that shouldn't even be considered as DLC, but was purposely excluded and locked to make an extra $"

We all know companies do this, so it's not a rant on the act, but more on what they considered DLC  along with these high price tags attached to them, with Combo deals only for content we don't really want.

Note : I'm not trying to be mean or anything towards you, I'm just trying to explain what many thought about the Chrono Phantasma DLCs.

Sure those who had no interest/plans to purchase any Phantasma DLC just saw, smiled and Laughed about it. But those who actually wanted to buy it didn't have the exact same reaction, Not gonna Lie I was pissed to see those DLC along with Price tags. While still not getting a single BlazBlue Avatar on the Store.

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 1

I already talked about Kagura & Unlimited on my last post.

As for the colors, Calamity was its first game & you can't expect it to have the same amount of colors as Phantasma. It was a game when you compare to Pantasma was limited, and later as the series progressed included more. As for the Voices, sure not all had a voice pack, but at least we didn't need to pay for them back then(until they decided to charge for it).

The reason The Japanese Version had to wait for patches was because they hadn't developed the content yet, and was being added through mandatory update/patch when done; so as I said before your game will have the content, but you won't be able to access it without paying. Why should the US Release have all the patches/content already on the disc? Well Since the content that didn't exist back then is available now, then why wouldn't they add it on the disk already? Plus the company added it not us, so it's not our fault our version has it.

So just because you had to wait for the Patches & wait as it installed, you want us all to wait too? 

Well regardless we all still had to pay outrages prices to access them. I had no issue paying for the characters, but paying for things like Voices, colors, and BGM is silly(especially at those prices. Fighting Games Should only have Chargeable DLC for "Characters, Stages, or Story progressions".

But The point isn't what was added or not on who's version, the point is the Price of them and that they actually expect us to pay for them just because we are fans.

Also if content is unlockable through effort then what reason, besides milking $ should you sell a Key for it(This regards Kagura DLC Key). Story Mode isn't hard at all, and if your DLC customer is a fan enough to buy those other DLCs then what makes them believe they won't finish Story Mode.

Since when is a Bundle(Voices without the game) that out prices the price tag of the Game a reasonable thing? The existence of the bundle tells us they actually expected us to buy them all.

Actually I have both the Japanese and US versions, your comment about just because the English version has the patches there makes it so you deserve the characters right off the bat is pretty flawed and reeks of entitlement. I never said you added that content either and besides even if you got hit with a 300mb update from the get go, then we'd have people complaining that it wasn't ready from the get-go and would still harp on how this DLC does them wrong...

Your comment regarding Kagura and colour packs was confusing hence why I pointed that out and the unlockables like them and Unlimited forms were done in Calamity Trigger it is for those that just want everything unlocked, nobody is holding a gun to your head to pay for the quick unlocks but I don't see why they can't have them for people who want that option mainly those that care just for playing against people or aren't good at say Unlimited Mars for instance. 

Outrageous prices it was $3 for quick unlocks which really are just shortcuts for the lazy so if you bought them that is your own fault, character packs being $9 was the same for Continuum Shift and the colour/voice packs are the same as back then. I am still failing to understand your arguement as most of the stuff has an alternative way to unlock in-game or has at least some variation in-game like with the colours, Kagura and Unlimited forms.

Also if you want to argue the voice bundles pricing you should have a look at other games where the DLC like that out prices the game Dead or Alive 5, Street Fighter IV and a few others.

The fact is the pricing isn't that bad unless you MUST have everything and as I said before Continuum Shift EXTEND only had a handful of character voice packs unlockable with the more popular character/most of them being purchases. Continuum Shift & Calamity Trigger also had colour packs as DLC similarly priced and only EXTEND had unlockable colour packs which CHRONOPHANTASMA has as well you unlock about seven new palette swaps in game if you look in the gallery the rest are purchases. Quick unlock codes were in Continuum Shift with the Mu unlock much like Kagura and were priced similarly and Unlimited characters are always unlockable in-game although Calamity Trigger only had Hakumen, Nu, Rachel and Ragna as unlockables in-game the others had to be purchased so why are you making it sound like CHRONOPHANTASMA is doing this when the other games haven't when in reality this game is being handled the same but since there are more characters there are more voice packs obviously.

• Like 4

Let me tell you this game on Vita the Begginer dificulty isn't useful for anything,

im trying to get The Grand Finale Trophy but the CPU cant simply take a bit easy on me so i can do the dam thing...

im forgeting about doing at least 7 trophies on this game, its infuriating lmao...

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

Let me tell you this game on Vita the Begginer dificulty isn't useful for anything,

im trying to get The Grand Finale Trophy but the CPU cant simply take a bit easy on me so i can do the dam thing...

im forgeting about doing at least 7 trophies on this game, its infuriating lmao...

Character specific trophies if you aren't good with certain characters or use them reliably especially for certain tricky characters Carl, Tsubaki and Nu come to mind would be best done in an online player match so your opponent stands still for you.

Most people do thse trophies in a 2p versus on consoles which makes them much easier so a similar method for Vita is kind of recommended if you're struggling.

Most people do thse trophies in a 2p versus on consoles which makes them much easier so a similar method for Vita is kind of recommended if you're struggling.

Got tips for Ragna doing 666 damage? i got no online friend to help me on that now <.<

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

Got tips for Ragna doing 666 damage? i got no online friend to help me on that now <.<

If you could make them enter danger state I'd say jump a to standing neutral a twice otherwise it is going to be trial and error, personally I'd try a few moves in practice mode and check what does how much damage and from there see what moves are compatible to combo although try steer away from using any drive moves is all I can really say without checking for myself.

Actually I have both the Japanese and US versions, your comment about just because the English version has the patches there makes it so you deserve the characters right off the bat is pretty flawed and reeks of entitlement. I never said you added that content either and besides even if you got hit with a 300mb update from the get go, then we'd have people complaining that it wasn't ready from the get-go and would still harp on how this DLC does them wrong...

Your comment regarding Kagura and colour packs was confusing hence why I pointed that out and the unlockables like them and Unlimited forms were done in Calamity Trigger it is for those that just want everything unlocked, nobody is holding a gun to your head to pay for the quick unlocks but I don't see why they can't have them for people who want that option mainly those that care just for playing against people or aren't good at say Unlimited Mars for instance. 

Outrageous prices it was $3 for quick unlocks which really are just shortcuts for the lazy so if you bought them that is your own fault, character packs being $9 was the same for Continuum Shift and the colour/voice packs are the same as back then. I am still failing to understand your arguement as most of the stuff has an alternative way to unlock in-game or has at least some variation in-game like with the colours, Kagura and Unlimited forms.

Also if you want to argue the voice bundles pricing you should have a look at other games where the DLC like that out prices the game Dead or Alive 5, Street Fighter IV and a few others.

The fact is the pricing isn't that bad unless you MUST have everything and as I said before Continuum Shift EXTEND only had a handful of character voice packs unlockable with the more popular character/most of them being purchases. Continuum Shift & Calamity Trigger also had colour packs as DLC similarly priced and only EXTEND had unlockable colour packs which CHRONOPHANTASMA has as well you unlock about seven new palette swaps in game if you look in the gallery the rest are purchases. Quick unlock codes were in Continuum Shift with the Mu unlock much like Kagura and were priced similarly and Unlimited characters are always unlockable in-game although Calamity Trigger only had Hakumen, Nu, Rachel and Ragna as unlockables in-game the others had to be purchased so why are you making it sound like CHRONOPHANTASMA is doing this when the other games haven't when in reality this game is being handled the same but since there are more characters there are more voice packs obviously.

Entitled? how does me saying our disks having the patches already there(installed) make me seam like i'm acting entitled for content? you're the one acting entitled to say we are supposed to wait for content, just because you had to for the Japanese version. by saying "why should the US version come with everything installed" & "Just because everything was done before an English release doesn't entitle you to everything from the start". The patches are just there(US Version), and i pointed it out. Plus I never said we(US) should have any DLC from the start or right of the bat(I simply pointed out what they did, which was have all the DLC already on the Disk as we wait for "Content Keys"). Plus everyone outside of Japan has waited long enough, since we had to first wait 6/7 months for them to Localize the game that first released for "you & Japan"  6 months ago. Now you want us to add the same amount of time you did to get all the DLC to our already "waited time", that the rest of us had to undergo just to play the game, when the content's available right now & has been for months before the release?(even yours)
If there was a illness going on killing people right now and we had the cure right now; then we shouldn't wait extra time after it's killed 6 months worth of people. We make the cure available right away, because it's what seams right. And sure that's an extreme example, but it holds similar reasoning. "If something's Available then it should be available"

Regarding Calamity's Colors DLC I will say I Derped there, since:

I had forgotten Calamity had released colors; and only thought they released Unlimited DLC. I understand the expansion of Unlimiteds for more characters was added with the next game, because fans wanted it after only maybe 4 had it on Calamity. 

My Second Derp was not fully understanding the "System Voice packs", because i thought those were like a "you get to have Jin speak in Japanese in the fights and story mode Sections; but after meddling with the Options that feature is already on the options menu. And that's honestly what i was thinking I was going to pay 6$ for, but it turns out it's just to replace the announcer lady's job. So I miss took the Announcer Voices pack with Calamities Gallery voices option, which is why i said "it was a in-game unlock".

By outrageous Prices I meant the 8$ Characters, and the 6$ Voices packs. And yes It's true that a lot of the games go over the Game's Original Price tag when you accumulate all the extra content Prices. But if you want me to do the compare to other games DLC line up including their silly Content they expect us to buy, well then i'll list a few popular AAA/Mainstream Fighting games and compare to BlazBlue.

(you mentioned DoA5)Dead or alive 5:

Dead or Alive 5's "DLC" is without a doubt in anyone's mind become a cash cow probably fueled by perverted intent. The quantity on those DLC is almost Mind Fucking to a laugh. I would love to meet the person who actually buys every single DLC they decide to release(trust me that person has to exists). Anyway i have no argument or want any interest in Dead or Alive Series. These are just my thoughts reflecting their DLCs, and in no way are reflected on the game's game-play since i haven't played it(i've seen it, but seeing & playing are 2 different things).
BlazBlue may not be as bad as DoA5 when it comes to DLC, but it doesn't excuse it; for it's a pretty a close "2nd place" when you see the rest of the comparisons.

Street Fighter 4:

I stopped having interest in Street Fighter 4 after they released the Arcade Edition( and at the time I felt like maybe buying it for myself). I've used to play SF4(original) all the time on Xbox 360 when i visited my friend who forced it on me. But was irritated by these version upgrade games they release to the point i decided to just not get it anymore. Anyway regarding it's DLC...it cost, what? $4 to get a costume for 5 characters. That seams reasonable I guess, and over 400 people who purchased and took the time to rate the content they've just purchased think it's a decent purchase too. Plus a Bundle containing a costume for 25 characters for 17$ seams okay(hell i saved 8$, enough to buy a BlazBlue character). At least they're unique, and isn't the same color pallet that's universally shared with the entire roster. Don't think i'm applauding Capcom either, as i said already I disliked them releasing upgraded versions of the same Street Fighter 4 series game. I'm honestly confused on how that game has all those versions compatible to play with everyone who owns an "Arcade, Super, or upcoming Ultra games". But regardless their "DLC" aside from releasing the "next version" of the game looks okay.

Mortal Kombat:

Look @ Mortal kombat's character price which is $5 for 1, that's reasonable. Also they have a "Classics Bundle" for $5 containing 7 costumes, and 3 finishers. They even have a "Characters Bundle" where they at least state "you save getting 4 characters for the price of 3"(at least they're trying to save us $ i guess).  
Also compare their "Komplete Edition" to what i was told before buying Extend is "Continuum Shift's Supposed Complete Edition". A complete Edition should be complete right? So how on earth can they still incist on releasing DLC on a Supposed Complete Version of an already previously released game? Sure you might want to say,
"It's not called a "Complete Edition" it's called an "Extend" to be looked as a extension of the previous game to include all the previously released DLC on Disc with story modes for the 3 DLC extra characters who didn't have a story on the original Shift,  and DoA5 & SF4 do it so why can't BlazBlue too...hell even UltimateMvC3 did it too which felt like a Middle finger to the MvC3 Buyers"; or "well the voice packs were added with a patch later".
So because we all know they do it on AAA title series, that makes it okay to follow up on their example? Again don't think fans give them a pass or applaud them for it either. People get on them just as bad(or worst) as they do BlazBlue, because we all don't like getting screwed on what we Buy. It may not be as many like to put it "our god given right" to say our opinions on their DLC Practices, but it is our right as a customer to give an opinion on what we feel towards the product they are trying to sell us regardless if we plan to buy it or not. Those Extend Voices again as all the rest of the DLC was already on the disc.
Also With the Exception of those 3 series(SF4,DoA5,UMvC3), a lot of the games out there that get re-release with an added "title"(Editions) to the Original name, sell as a complete version (with all the DLC accessible) and that becomes the end of it for that game & leaves the developers working on the next project they plan to release.
"Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition", and "Infamous Collection" are examples of this, and I know infamous collection is a games bundle, but the point is the fact that it re-releasing the first 2 games with all the DLC...meaning they were truly complete finished games.

Hell Last month when I went to wall-mart:

I was surprised and confused to see a full stack of new "BlazBlue: Continuum Shift" copies priced @ $30. I'm sure that was to celebrate the release of Chrono, but what i found strange was...there was no "Chrono Phantasma", and not even a bracket on the shelve anywhere saying "BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma" to indicate them being absent due to getting "sold out".
Nope they simply had a full stack of "Continuum Shift" copies there. And to make it worst it wasn't "Extend". Normally when companies try to do a celebration to their series new game they offer up a lower price on the last game they released; or a games bundle like Ubisoft probably did with the Release of "Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy" after the launch of "AC3" a month after. But we not only didn't get Extend, but we got the Original Shift at a $30...you'd think it at least be $20 after 4 years right? Did they really want us to buy this game as well as try to buy their 3 characters DLC separate too?(totaling them a $54 from certain customers). IDK about you but that was pretty suspicious to me. Even if they didn't want to give "Extent" they should have at least had it for $20. And no It's not that i feel entitled to get the game for $20, but it's pretty strange that a game that had 4 years since release still costs more then a few games that didn't even last 1 year to drop into to the $20 mark.

Street Fighter X Tekken:

Capcom's most controversial DLC Cash Cow product which landed them heavy heat with the fans, is probably the game that introduced "Already on the Disc plot to make extra cash" to the gaming/Console community. I remember a person uploaded on youtube a video of him having all of the characters and content that was on the Disk by hacking it, people were furious to know they were actually paying/waiting for content that was already on their disk; and were even being forced to wait months as if Capcom was developing them as add-on extras(when the content they were planning to pretend is being added is already included).
As bad as Capcom was with Exploiting their DLC they at least give you seemingly reasonable prices for them. Let's compare the character's DLC: so you get 12 characters for $20, Sure it's $20 but remember you are getting 12 characters...not 1 or 2 or 3...12!. Do the math and you would be paying $1.66 for each character a piece. How much is a BlazBlue character(remember you're only getting 1) $8.
Wow! $8 for 1 character, i see how you don't find a single problem with that right?(don't get me wrong I loved paying any price for Kokonoe at the time(because I was excited), but even after buying her I said "I don't feel right on that purchase, was it really worth 8$? Don't fighting game characters normally sell for 5$?"), if it was $5 then okay...but an extra $3?
Also It seams that all their Color Pallets are Free right now(and there's quite a lot). And Sure those "Gem DLC" are the "is this worth it" purchase, but believe it or not those gems were actually pretty useful(otherwise I'd probably wouldn't have my Platinum of the game right now). Was it a Cheap move of them to Exploit the good Gems, of course but at least you aren't paying 1$ for just 1 Gem, except a barely okay set.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3:

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has 2 characters too, and are also 5$ each. As for Costumes they are probably $1 a character/piece, based off a 4$ pack containing 4 character costumes. And they've at least made a useful Bundle that just costs $20 for the whole costumes of 47 Characters(excluding Jill & Shuma) giving you an extra $27 to spend  on something else for those who planned to get them all. That sounds like a good save of money for a game that demands you to make 3 characters as your mains. And sure again no one is forcing us to buy them, but at least they make their prices near reasonable. I don't find it too hard to decide on buying them(But Sadly I can't find the PS3's UMvC3 DLC, which it might be missing or removed; but i do see the vita's DLC, and don't know if buying the Vita's will work for my PS3 version).

Skull Girls Encore(not a AAA title, but might one day be):

Right off the bat on their first DLC "Skull Girls Encore" has a 5$ Bundle that includes all character Color pallets(not split into separate segment DLCs), which are interesting Color Pallets referencing many anime or game characters. You can easily notice that it's worth the $5.
Sure you can say "But you are comparing a roster that has probably 8 characters to a roster that has 24". Well the fact that Skull girls gave you all the colors bundle, and "right of the bat" might i add; compared to Chrono/Shift chopping up the roster's 17-21/4 added colors and dividing them into 5/3 separate pieces costing $2.50/$5 each. I found it Funny how the Free colors(7-16) are much better then the ones they want you to buy. I would easily purchase/d the skull girl colors even if i tried to match the price to Chrono's (2 Chrono $2.50 DLCs that in total contain 10 characters having 5 Color pallets = $5), because I know they're good character colors for sure & are well worth my $ after seeing how they probably went trough trouble to do other game & anime character references in their color pallets for each character based off the feedback/request from their fan-base.
That same Colors Bundle unlocks all previously locked stages and colors, it easily shows it's a great deal. 
And sure Skull Girls Encore by the looks of the DLC size are also "Content Keys", but at least they are giving you a free Character right now that anyone can get(even people who don't have the game). They're also selling "Squigly" for 5$(I got her a while back when it was free).
People hope Skull Girls doesn't follow all the Mainstream Practices & remain kind to their fans, because so far they are doing a great job by the simple looks of it.

It's nothing new these days that Gaming Companies are trying to purposely release incomplete games with secretly/upfront Locked content, then expect fans to buy them at any price they want. Except the price they can charge needs to seam reasonable or else fans get on their case hard.

Also Again you were saying why should the "US version" have all the patches already Installed, and about how you/Japan had to wait for them? Well as I had just learned yesterday:

The "Japanese console/ps3 Version" wasn't adding Kokonoe, Terumi, and Kagura during these patches you speak of for the consoles, those characters were already on the Japanese Version of the Disk Locked/hidden inside the PS3 Disk right from the Console's Release. What the "100mb patches" you were mentioning was for, is fixing Issues in the game and add features(minor ones to existing modes).
Issues regarding online, and Combat glitches from characters. In fact Back then when the PS3 Japanese Version was released, as with every Fighting game that has DLC; got hacked by someone...and guess what? That person was playing & even streaming themselves using Kokonoe on the Japanese Version of Chrono. This was during the time that people weren't sure if she was going to be playable on the game.
Also we got another patch on May 14 fixing challenge mode & online issues again that affected all versions of the game whether it be the JAP/NA/EU Version. We all got it mandatory, to fix the current issues in the game. So when you asked why should we get all the current patches already installed? well because it's also not fair for us to get a game with issues in it right? When a patch is available that seams better just added during the mass production of the disks...why not include it?, when it can be added to help support smother game-play on release(in fact the same patch we all downloaded May 14 will also be added/included on the vita's disc @ release on June 24).
A game is mandatory to work correctly on release, so them having to include a fix patch to the the current issue/glitches in the game is necessary whether you like it or not. I mean What's the point of a fix then, if you want people to undergo the problem just for the sake of "oh since we had to wait they must too". Also don't think we "NA" purchasers are getting all the DLC off the bat, what are we waiting for right now?...so far for them to give us the green light on when we can use/buy their already on the DISC hidden DLC(Disk Locked Content) called "Terumi"( Even if I don't have to, since i got the pre-ordered special that the retail copy included; still doesn't change the fact that everyone who got the English digital ver is waiting on him). How long do people still need to wait to play as Terumi, may 27?
Obviously It's not a issue over terumi being developed yet, but about access to the "content key". The key is in the PSN store right now, but is privatized from the public; until they decide to sell it to us.
The key has been uploaded on the store already for months, except the company doesn't want you to have him yet. But yet people are still using him online on a regular basis. I mean The only way for him to even appear on your/anyone's version of the game is to have that same data, otherwise how can something that exists on another game appear on another person's copy of the game that supposedly doesn't have it. His data needs to be compatible to register and display him otherwise you'd probably get an error. sure you can say "well the servers will add the terumi data to my match",
but the thing is the servers are probably just to bridge a connection between you and someone else to play. But if you don't have mutual content then how do you expect to play a match against someone using terumi if you don't have the data to display him on your screen. Of course I could be completely wrong not knowing there are many reasons to how that would work, since i'm not a Computer Network or Video Game Designer major; but that's just how i would think it be possible.

When "Playstation all stars"

released their new characters on the "1gig patch" that actually did have the new characters "Isacc & Zeus"(Which also cost 5$ each) included along with many bug/glitch fixes, everyone was forced to make the mandatory 1gig patch installment; so that everyone on the planet with a copy of the game that wanted to play online would have the data to support a Issac/Zeus appearance(Even if you didn't have access to them). Because If you didn't install the update/patch/content then you couldn't access Online.
So if they did plan to install a patch with Blazblue Characters included then, they would definitely need to be above/over 100MB in size probably 400mb.

And since I've already mentioned "PlayStation All stars Battle Royal" let's add it to the comparison while i'm at it:

Okay "PlayStation All Stars" has pretty pricey Costumes for 1 character costing $2, but at least they give us a Bundle including 16 character Costumes selling for 15$ saving you more then half what it would have cost to get all 16 separate($32). As for the "minions DLC" well they sell for "50 cents a piece", and i don't think they can go lower in price; but they can't give it for free either,
At least they made 2 separate bundles selling for $5(that gives you 18 minions, once added up saves you $4). Sure you don't have to buy them, but at least it sounds like a decent deal for someone who does. Also i forgot to mention that Both the game & content bought are Ps3 & Vita compatible. When I got the Ps3 Version it was also a cross buy(it may seam insignificant, but some companies want you to buy both versions again). The only issue in the game is having to buy a $10 "Online Pass" to play other people online.
Sure you might say "well there ya go! at least BlazBlue isn't making us pay for online", and that's true, which is great and lets hope it remains that way, cus i bet you if they decide to follow up on that lead in the future, then fans will be losing more then their shit at the simple knowing of that, since fans have already been arguing about their expensive DLC for years, and that online pass is going to be a mandatory purchase for platinum seekers if done.

Also since you say that you own both(as you put it) "Japanese and US versions of the game":

Then you would have noticed that they've removed "Library Mode" right? you might say "well what's the point of having it, I mean we have "internet" just go to a "wiki" if you want to know more about the game's Characters/story/history".
That mode was a huge reason why people wanted the localization after they imported the Japanese game over here from Japan, not to mention it is a key function designed to "up to speed" any new fan to the series. Also on a wiki almost anyone can go into it and edit information, meaning it's not always true(sure people provide good wiki information at times, but whether it's all true is at times uncertain). Plus we would be more certain getting the information from the source right?
But as you said before "none of the DLC is compulsory"/mandatory to buy, that's true but you know what's funny about that. Well isn't it supposed to be compulsory for the game to keep that mode, since it's a significant piece to the game.
Instead of removing it because they probably said "ah fuck translating all this, just remove it; i'm sure no one will notice it" (Except for those who imported). Honestly That's the kind of DLC that should be on the Store right now because it's simply a "WTF?" for us, over their 24 piece $6 Voice packs that only hold the benefit of hearing whoever you chose to buy "name the character you are selecting in the character select screen".

Also I Honestly haven't bought the Voice packs because of the price, but I would rather have someone reply to my post saying "Well you idiot the voice pack doesn't just work in the select screen, I can also hear Ragna say "Counter" and announce "the wheel of fate is turning" in the beginning of the matches...etc. while In a match...Basically wherever you hear the default lady speak, that's where you get to hear ragna".
I rather get that reply then have to waste $6 just to try to prove that the DLC is a purchase that is asking more then it's actual worth. I'd rather be proven wrong on that then go that far(which as you can already see I've seamed to have done enough of that as it is).

"Color pallets" & "costumes" may serve the same purpose of showing off to others online or for the sake of looking cool, but at least a costume feels more "unique" then a "color pallet"

That is(as i said before) shared between the whole roster(and no i don't mean the DLC pack you buy, i mean the whole roster) to just show the same character but with a Green/pink/purple shade on the same cape/coat/Jacket along with other spots(Don't get me wrong with BlazBlue colors, i actually like some of them, and i know each pallet includes 3 colors in the pallet(number)), instead why not just sell the actual colors on a count that it's the same shades on the similar spots for the roster(That's just my opinion/suggestion). Also By a costume being unique i mean they add accessories & other stuff that replaces the original characters appearance only for that 1 character.

By Fighting game standards even for companies that have heat for screwing the fans on prices, I would say a character would have to cost no more then "5$". Anything above that feels pricey regardless of your fan-level:
And sure you can say "well probably all that DLC was much more expensive back then compared to now", and that's also probably true; but at least it lowered in price over time.

You said that all the Voices & Characters DLC we are paying for on Chrono Phantasma has always been the same price even till now; dating back to Shift. Okay checking on BBCS's Characters & Voice pack, they are still 8$ & 6$; So the question is why after "4/5 years have they not dropped down to a more reasonable price?"
Normally when a company refuses to drop it's price, it means they have plans to still milk that content for what they feel it's worth. But eventually there comes the time they drop the price to influence sales again to get an extra drop/or just say "well that's all she rode" then move on to the next game they plan to release(I mean because of course for them, it's still a business after all). I honestly don't know what BBCS's original price was when they were all first released(since it released on 2010, and I've got my ps3 on 2012), but even if they did drop in price; it still seams expensive compared to all the others I mentioned.

The whole point of this argument was:

The understanding of how they are expecting us all to buy their DLC for whatever asking price tag that flies through their mind to make more extra $ even knowing it's above the fighting game price standards. I mean Which company doesn't implement DLC practice these days right?, but at least they don't go over board on the prices or at least for too long.
I'd rather put those 6$ they want me to spend on a Voice pack, and just buy a indie game, or Flow(or the bundle by paying an extra 30 cents). Hell I would rather buy Persona 4 Arena's complete 6$ Glasses Bundle(which i think has 208) over it...why because I know i'd be getting more of a "worth of what i paid for" even if it seams like a very silly form of DLC. I would even get their 6$ colors pallet that is almost the same case of shaded colors as BlazBlue's.
Back then Persona Arena was on the hot seat for these silly Glasses DLCs, but after seeing a few of Blue's DLC prices it has that "would you rather?" magic to it; making it seam like an ok purchase when compared these days. As a buyer we will always purchase what seams best, and in order to know what's best we must know all the prices and then assess a reasonable choice.
With the Given options, A bad purchase can seam good; after being meet with an even worst alternative. Also speaking of P4A they too have released system Voice packs that are called "navigation", but guess how much they cost? They cost 3$ if BB's Voice packs were at least that price, then I would buy 1; but under those outrages prices I would rather miss out. Another thing is P4A tells you "NOTE: This feature can also be unlocked by playing the game." to warn the fans it's a in-game unlock that isn't mandatory to get. Chrono Phantasma doesn't have this kind of purchase warning for Kagura? There probably isn't one because, including it would lower purchases. And sure they added it for Mu in Shift, but that's probably why they didn't anymore to not lose sales after fans decided it be better to just finish the story mode they plan to do anyway(that's just my though on it, whether it's true or not is unknown). I'm not saying the voice packs suck either, some are pretty interesting from the videos I've seen on youtube...but again our argument was in the attached price of these things. Sure once again No one is holding a gun to my head and i have the option to say "no thanks", but when a person becomes a fan of a series, then they feel self-entitled/obligated to purchase these things(people can call it an obsession, but let's be honest everyone holds an obsessions over things...some more ridiculous then others. So it's hypocritical to say someone holds an obsession when they too hold similar feets of it on a different subject without knowing it); maybe not all, but at least a few.

And those Bundle/combo deals are heavily influenced by the ridiculous price of the singles pieces. It's like they are saying "you think paying $144 for all 24 Voice packs is ridiculous? okay we will do a combo deal and save you some cash...Oh! you think paying $108 on all 12 combo voice packs is still crazy?..okay fine!, here! you got us...we will give you what you want..."the bundle" for all the voice packs for a low price of "$50". That kind of practice is baiting, they purposely sell them at those high prices to make fans look forward to a bundle, to assure the content they probably weren't going to get sold, become sellable with the fans/customer thinking they just made a great save in cash. Over the years the Voices, Unlimited & Secret Caracter DLCs have probably not sold the way they wanted, so they've probably adapted to make the alternative more desired for players with each new game, and continue Selling/making them optional(even after they've continued to sell poorly, compared to the other DLC they've released). And sure I understand Faster Unlock purposes, but honestly the requirements for some of these supposed faster alternatives are not hard at all(at least back then).

Also If you look back some of the games I mentioned have also implemented this baiting practice, but at least the singles prices rarely exceeded $100(aside from DoA5 which again it's obvious they are on their own level of DLC Milking right now). And sure each of those games probably have 1 controversial DLC Deal in them, but at least it's just 1 or 2 compared to BlazBlue's 3( going over the 5$ Characters cap(almost all the fighting games out there don't exceed this price for 1 character), Voice pack costing 6$, and chopping up colors/any DLC into separate pieces).

Also I never said I had a complaint with Chrono Phantasma's "All Unlimited Characters" & "Noel Classic Costume" DLC's prices on my previous posts, Honestly I'm quite happy with them for those 2 DLCs along with their price tags attached have become a very reasonable(Noel) and too good to be true(Unlock Unlimited for all) Purchase;

Because those are the only(along with the 2 free "Additional Character Colors 1 & 2") that I find to be a decent purchase that seams well worth the asked price and the "is it worth it?" line doesn't cross my mind at all when it comes to those 2. If you look at Shift's Unlimited bundle DLC it costs 6$ which includes 15 character's Unlimited ver., each separately costing 60 cents a piece/character( after calculating you actually save $3 compared to wasting $9 separately).
So Now you get Chrono's "all Characters Unlimited DLC" for the same price you would save on the last game's Bundle, which is 3$. Yes you can say "you don't have to waste $ on the DLC, because you just have to due Unlimited Mars with said character". That's Easier Said then done, and don't forget Unlimited Mars isn't easy at all; unlike in Calamity where all you had to due was finish Arcade with 1 of the 4 characters that supported Unlimited. Back then it was simpler to unlock them compared to now.
Also it's not because people are lazy to due it, it's just that it's too hard for people to beat a set of high level Ais(probably harder then the Training Mode Ais at 100) with crazy combos powered by Unlimited Mode. I've seen some experienced twitch & youtube users Even with their mains have a challenge with that mode. I'm sure if the Trophy for beating "10 Unlimited mars Characters" said to do it in a row, then chances are we'd probably have less Platinum achievers right now.
This time unlike the past 2 games have made it to where the Unlimited DLC Alternative is a must.
I hold No argument towards them having the "All Characters Unlimited DLC for 3$". My only thought is they kinda probably forced a lot of hands to get it, by upgrading the requirements to a mode that pisses people off(that Unlimited Mars Jin is fucken crazy to beat...I've had less crazy online matches then that).

As for Classic Noel being playable:

It seams there's no other way to get her(unlike Kagura), but at least has a 3$ okay price. She becomes an asset with 2 Astral Finish Possibilities, making the opposing players 2nd guess which Astal will be used on them while trying to dodge her supposed Dance style of combat. Plus it's not just like buying/getting a possible new/old costume, but you're also getting a move/finisher; that in case the new Astral is too hard to input have the easier 1 to go back to.

In Calamity they released a reasonable Colors Bundle, then on Shift choose not to release 1. Sure you can say:

"They didn't release a colors bundle, to make room for a Unlimited Characters Bundle". Well then the question is why not have both? There is no harm in it, and it would have made them more money and fans feel eased, because not many are going to want to buy them individually to waste 15$ total. All the DLC that's on the BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma game page was all released on the first line up of DLC. Just by looking at the line up you can tell they really want to sell those Voice packs, by right off the bat including Combo Deals & the "all 24 Voices" Bundle. The Bundles fans(even Japanese ones) truly want/expect are the Colors & Stages/w BGM(still need the 6th to even try to release a bundle).

It's not even the Developers  fault, all their job was is to create a game as best as they can. But it's the upper ranked employees in charge that probably decided to say "what gets done or excluded" from us all, at whichever Price they choose. So people shouldn't blame the developers, but the Company's Employees above them wanting to make as much as they can from this series.

After all that I typed you might say:

"Wow! you did all this over paying an extra 3$ for a character, and refusal to pay 6$ for a Voice pack, or colors. Well you know...you don't have to buy them all or any, and remember no one is holding any gun to your head or telling you to do it; so why complain about the price of something you can't change or just easily pass off on. If you can't afford/want it then just don't and don't complain"

Again It's not that we can't afford these things or are cheap, it's that we don't find it right to give too much $ on something we don't feel is worth the asked price. You may think paying 8$ for a character right now is no problem today, but what price does it need to be for it to be a problem for you?...are you going to say it's still no problem when it later on costs $10 for just 1 character or how about $12?
Believe me I want a Kokonoe Voice Pack, but i don't want to waste 6$ on that, and I definitely don't want to waste $50 on a Bundle or combo when i'm already troubled to buy just 1. We don't want to pay those 6$ only to get bored of it, then get left saying "So that was wort 6$?". If its "cost" was less, then sure it be more worth it; or less of a pain to swallow, but nope. 
And those released DLC line ups that every company sets for us are there expected to sell, and them adding them at those prices speaks a message from them. And no I don't think of them as Evil or anything like that..."Greedy?" A little. Am I shocked of this nope, tired kinda. But we can only buy what we find decent, and bite our lips and convince ourselves to avoid a in-just purchase at best. Or hope for a decently lower price thanks to "father time", or a reasonable bundle.

We fans as much as it annoys other fans(giving them the line "you guys act like it's your god given right to ???" must complain a little, so that it becomes clear to them that we are not okay with them giving these outrageous prices.
Because if we don't, then they feel/think it's okay to due that; making them want to take the next feared step of charging more for less of what its worth. We customers can't be silent over these things either. if people kept silent and didn't complain we'd be having "Xbox 1 DRM" right now.

It's not like we get our paychecks and say "okay so all this is going towards my DLC". Remember we have many, many! things we are mandatory to pay in our everyday life. And whatever is left is considered "extra" and even as extra we still don't have enough sometimes to dedicate it all to DLC & games, because there's more fun to life then playing video games.
So i'm sorry if i sound like some person who's making a huge deal of what i buy on PSN, but i can't just be trowing away money like it's a piece of gum.
So you Saying "I don't see a problem with the pricing", and sure it was your opinion but it still held some factual elements behind it that i felt needed addressing on a count that certain DLC on their line up compared to the other Fighting games DLC Standards is considered pretty high. And there's no law that says "you can't sell your DLC above this amount of money", but by comparing the prices of a lot of games that have been released already over the years; there seams to be a self placed "Scale" balancing "Price" & "Worth" for a "Reasonable Price" when also compared to the rest of the games; is it strange or a coincidences that all the fighting games I listed have their characters selling for 5$?
Sure I let it escalate this much instead of just saying "Well some people would Disagree with the pricing, but okay that's your opinion", and be done with it; but it's too late now; and what's done is done.

Edit: Had to edit very stupid Typos I made earlier.

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 1

The supposed button input is  j.A > 5Ax2 (airA > Ax2) 

But The fact that the Vita has no 2nd Controller option already eliminated a lot of the Platinum achievers, you honestly might need a Boosting partner that will let you do these things to him by cooperating. But do practice them to the point that it's muscle memorized into you before attempting with them/him. Even with 2 controllers it was still troubling to do certain moves on the PS3. If we still had the option to unlock these Trophies in Training mode like in Calamity, then things would all be soo much less frustrating. 

Still trying to memorize all the proper inputs for "The hint is…"

In training then try it in a match to unlock it. 

• Like 1

The supposed button input is  j.A > 5Ax2 (airA > Ax2) 

But The fact that the Vita has no 2nd Controller option already eliminated a lot of the Platinum achievers, you honestly might need a Boosting partner that will let you do these things to him by cooperating. But do practice them to the point that it's muscle memorized into you before attempting with them/him. Even with 2 controllers it was still troubling to do certain moves on the PS3. If we still had the option to unlock these Trophies in Training mode like in Calamity, then things would all be soo much less frustrating.

Best option for Vita users is on abyss mode, even though i got so close lol... 665/ 667 i give up lmao... <.<

been doing a trial error in many possible ways, its too hard without online help.

Edit: finally made it on abyss mode, luck of the devil lol.

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

• 1 month later...

I just saw that ""Kokonoe & Terumi & All Unlimited Mars Characters Along with Noel's Alter Costume" are "FREE!" Right now in the store.

I highly recommend downloading them right now.

And I mean the PS Vita! Version...So Go Go! Download while it's free, because I doubt it stays that way for long,

Edit:

Hold on a min...I think I made a mistake....Gime a min I'm gonna try something

Okay Nevermind sorry false alarm, I saw them free and was surpriced thinking it was a glitch on the store.

Anyway the reason they are free is because I bought them all on the PS3 version already.

What this tells me is:

The Chrono Phantasma DLC is Cross Buy, so if you are a person who got both the PS3 & PS Vita Version...well at least you get to save $ on DLC.

Edited by DarknessKey92

• 7 years later...

Hello all, I am curious if anyone else is having this issue. I’m trying to download the dlc characters on my vita and I can download terumi just fine, but every time I try to download kokonoe I get the error code C0-10935-8. Does anyone know why or what I could do to fix this?