What influences your Avatar selection/change on PSN or PSNProfiles?

Wow, that's a pretty detailed and well-thought-out reasoning! Respect.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty boring in that regard. I picked my favourite game of all time (Bioshock) and my favourite game series of all time (Metal Gear Solid) and selected the best possible pictures that I could find at the time for my avatar.

I am getting kind of bored with my current selections though... you've motivated me to look for a new one! You can expect to see a new 'me' on this site (and on PSN) soon :D

• Like 1

Wow, that's a pretty detailed and well-thought-out reasoning! Respect.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty boring in that regard. I picked my favourite game of all time (Bioshock) and my favourite game series of all time (Metal Gear Solid) and selected the best possible pictures that I could find at the time for my avatar.

I am getting kind of bored with my current selections though... you've motivated me to look for a new one! You can expect to see a new 'me' on this site (and on PSN) soon :D

That's Awesome, I don't think I would last a month without wanting to change mine. I look forward to your new set.

That's Awesome, I don't think I would last a month without wanting to change mine. I look forward to your new set

I haven't changed my Avatar since I made my account on PSNP. I change my PSN once quite often though. I try to get the background color to match. I will probably look for a new PSNP one soon.

Edit. This thread has inspired me to change my avatar.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

I haven't changed my Avatar since I made my account on PSNP. I change my PSN once quite often though. I try to get the background color to match. I will probably look for a new PSNP one soon.

that's cool, sorry if this sounds rude, but is your profile pic supposed to be the photo-44879.jpg?_r=1399699062 image? Normally those are errors meaning the image you tried to upload was either too big in size/Dimension or something I probably don't know about went wrong. You might want to resize the next image you try to upload, since the site has a limit on them. That's why I have to resize all my pics to the required size before I do the actual change. 

that's cool, sorry if this sounds rude, but is your profile pic supposed to be the photo-44879.jpg?_r=1399699062 image? Normally those are errors meaning the image you tried to upload was either too big in size/Dimension or something I probably don't know about went wrong. You might want to resize the next image you try to upload, since the site has a limit on them. That's why I have to resize all my pics to the required size before I do the actual change. 

Oh i know. I was still in the process. I got it all figured out. Not being rude at all haha.

It depends for me. Usually it would depend on how I feel at the time. I remember for some time I would pick characters wearing masks or something covering their face. But my current PSN Avatar is of Vergil because he's badass and fun to play as in Devil May Cry 3. My current PSNP avatar is of Sparda for almost the same reasons. I think it's also because I've been playing a lot of games where you fight demons or monsters, and in Devil May Cry lore Sparda fought demons to protect humans. So I figured it would fit in with all the games I've been playing.

I usually change my avatar on PSN according to the game I'm currently addicted to...not always though...I don't like to keep the same avatar forever so I change sometimes if its there for too much time.For example some days ago...I got addicted to SF4 so I changed my avatar to one of Juri....but I don't buy avatars only for that reason....I buy every avatar I found cool.If I got an avatar for the game I'm currently addicted to,then I'll change if not...then I don't bother going to the Store to buy one just to change.

On PSNProfiles and sites overall...I pretty much use the same avatar forever LOL.

Like you said there are 1000+ pics that I would like to use as avatar....but no point in changing. 

I change my avatar and color every time I go up a level. As I approach level 12 I will probably start changing every month instead.

I choose characters that I like. Most of them have to do with cats. I do have an Alucard I'm going to pull out for October though.

PSN avatar has been the Blue Jays logo almost the entire time I've had a PS3 because I would rather have their logo than some avatar of a video game character. As for my PSNP avatar, I tend to change it every month, usually to something TV related such as my previous Always Sunny display pictures or my current one which is of Brock Samson from The Venture Bros.

First of all *hats off  and slow clap* for detailed post... ^_^

hmmm... OT:

PSN: time for an old tale: I bought Vita first before PS3 therefore I am stuck with using the avy that is "free", I really didn't have much options therefore I have decided to choose the only one I liked the most... the default dog avatar.... then when I decided to buy my PS3, I have already thought carefully what to use as avatar... then I have thought of Luna from VLR... the character I loved most from that game... loved her loyalty and faith.... so I spend my beloved 0.50 to buy that avy... I haven't changed it since then and I don't even have a plan to change it any time soon (well if they decided to put Darwin Watterson's avatar, I might change my mind :P)

PSNP: when I have joined this site... I think I really can't decide what pic to use... then decided to choose the cartoon character that I could really relate and somehow have similarity... Darwin Watterson... I love that goldfish and just like.. him I have memory issue (sometimes I can't recall what I did 5 mins ago) and even being the most faithful sidekick you can ever have (I really don't have the leadership skill, I am just a good follower). In changing avy, I decided just to change it monthly or whenever I feel like googling a new image of Darwin...

**off topic**

YM: I used to use the plat icon for the current game I was going for... but lately I decided to use one character only that I change for different expressions that I feel (surprise... it's Darwin Watterson) currently it's this one:

185px-ThePainting66.png

**off topic ends**

For my avatar on psn (which I have not changed in a long time) I just like Square Enix as a company, which is why I have kept Sephiroth as my psn avatar.

As far as my avatar here, I just wanted a picture that represented what my name is.  Some people think that Starrk is for Tony Starrk (aka Iron Man), when it truly represents Coyote Starrk from Bleach.  I usually try to find a picture with him in it as my avatar here.

Wow....very in depth. I keep mine simple these days. I'm a big Red Sox fan, so I just leave it as the Sox logo. I don't really even think about my avatar these days. I used to try to keep it associated to whatever game I was playing at the time.

My PSN avatar I use is because I think she's cool and I like the art.

I have a few avatars I've bought just because they look so goddamn awesome.

My avatar here is the same as my PSN avatar because I like things to match, I may however change it to Sebastian from Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji because that is my latest anime obsession.

Psn avatar gets changed often. Would like to change it to a marvel or retro street fighter related one but the eu psn store doesnt have them and the rest of the eu avatars are kind of terrible imo.

PSNP gets changed sometimes. My last one was mj and now eazy e. Mostly black artists.

Edited by Marvel-J-375

Nothing at all - I've had my PSN avatar since I created my ID in 2007. I've used my avatar on game forums for so long that I can't remember when I started using it.

I chose Ratchet because it was the best of the free PSN avatars available at the time, even though I'd never played an R&C game. I don't care enough to change it.

I chose Pong because it's the first game I played as a kid.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

For PSN I change avatars whenever I feel like. I've been addicted to Dragon's Dogma for the last month, so my avatar is Death. As soon as I slow down on Dragon's Dogma, I'll change to something else. Unfortunately, PS store sucks with avatar variety, so I'll probably just cycle through the same 5 I always use.

For this site, it'll always be something Bioshock related. If it wasn't obvious enough, Bioshock is my all time favorite game. So my avatar will almost always be a different Big Daddy avatar, maybe sometimes I'll change to Andrew Ryan, Elizabeth, or Songbird.