Redgrave

Hard Mode and DMD Help

8 posts in this topic

Well, I'm having a really hard time with Hard mode on this one. I feel like there's some kind of trick I don't know about, something that isn't shoot or jump cancelling. I can never get those right because the fixed camera throws me off anyway. I don't have all the upgrades since I regretfully didn't take the time to farm for orbs in my Normal playthrough. Had there been a mission replay or difficulty select option rather than throw you straight into Hard mode, this wouldn't be a problem. These are my items and upgrades:

Items:

Bangle of Time

2 Untouchables

1 Holy Water

12 Yellow Orbs

2/4 Blue Orbs with a nearly fully upgraded Health bar I believe

Alastor:

Stinger-level 2

Round trip

Air Hike

Air Raid

Vortex-level 1

Ifrit:

Magma Drive

Kick13-level 2

Rolling Blaze

Meteor-level 1

Inferno

Italicized are upgrades I don't have. The amount of Orbs I have currently are 1,299 and I can't buy anything else other than Vortex-level 1.

I really hope there's just some kind of combo I haven't noticed or something. Right now I'm on Mission 8 and died to Phantom twice. Again, I tried to do the Shoot Cancelling with the grenade gun but I don't even think I was doing it right for one thing, and the fixed camera kept making me jump in the air whenever it changed or go in some other direction. I never even got the whole cancelling thing down in DMC3 anyway, and I don't think I will here. I really don't look forward to DMD then, assuming I ever get to it.

Edited by omegarevan

I think one of the strategies is to jump on his back and attack with Alastor. Then jump off and build up devil trigger from a distance by shooting with firearms (Don't remember which one). After that just keep jumping on his back and use DT Alastor. Vortex helps because it does a lot of damage and Phantom doesn't move around very much if im correct. However, stick with Air Raid if he gets too agressive. I hope this was helpful :) When it comes to Health and DT Bar upgrades you need absolutely everything you can get! Hard mode is no joke. I think the best option would have been to Grind for Red Orbs on the normal difficulty so you could buy every upgrade and all moves for Alastor and Ifrit before your Hard Mode PT.

Edited by King Zidane

I think one of the strategies is to jump on his back and attack with Alastor. Then jump off and build up devil trigger from a distance by shooting with firearms (Don't remember which one). After that just keep jumping on his back and use DT Alastor. Vortex helps because it does a lot of damage and Phantom doesn't move around very much if im correct. However, stick with Air Raid if he gets too agressive. I hope this was helpful :) When it comes to Health and DT Bar upgrades you need absolutely everything you can get! Hard mode is no joke. I think the best option would have been to Grind for Red Orbs on the normal difficulty so you could buy every upgrade and all moves for Alastor and Ifrit before your Hard Mode PT.

Yeah, jumping on his back is how I did it the first time. But he's more aggressive the second time I believe. After I kind of gave up on my third attempt I just kind of started taunting him and got a lot of DT that way. I suppose I will buy Vortex and see if that helps.

And yeah, I really should have just farmed when I had the chance. I'm not sure why I stopped. I guess I thought enemies would drop more orbs as the game went on. They sort of did, but not enough to buy the rest of the upgrades. At least without having to spend them on Vital Stars or other Items.

I just completed hard mode without having many blue orbs or items. What you want to do against phantom is use air raid (make sure you have some purple orbs) and keep hitting his head to chip down his health and he won't be able to hit you if you move around while doing this, don't bother with guns, just air raid and then use helm splitters on his back to recover your DT, repeat.

I know OP is probably already finished by now, but when I was having trouble with any one particular sequence, I would stop whatever strategy I am doing (whether trying to rush through or goofing around with the grenade launcher -- which is inefficient in Hard and useless in DMD), and I would focus on getting my Devil Trigger fully filled. Simply go purely defensive and perform evasive manuevers (whether it be a boss or regular foes) while shooting the hell out of them with your pistols. Get your devil trigger maxed, then press L1 to ignite, then use Air Raid followed by Vortex, which does by far the most damage of any attack. Round Trip works well on Neo Angelus and some of the regular enemies (most of the regular enemies are simple, with Shadows being the exception.. the bastards..)

Also, one thing I figured out on my own if you're good enough and are still on Normal/Hard... farm the hell out of the Plasma enemies as soon as they start showing up. Study their motions and range when they attack and refrain from using Devil Trigger and special moves so they don't die before they duplicate... and you can make a LARGE amount of red orbs. (farmer on the harder difficulties isn't recommended as you could potentially lose more health fighting them than you do recovering when they drop green orbs)... Max Dante out and have enough red orbs to afford yourself a s--- ton of items that you can use for DMD, because they make the mode so much quicker.

Edited by SoulxVanguard

Reviving this thread.. 

Um.. currently working on Hard mode Mission 6. How do I pass the Scissor Reaper lol😂.. after returning to this game I felt like i forget everything.. fortunately.. I still have the save spot on this game..

Control setting is confusing sometimes..

The camera angle kinda sucks especially when there's an area with enemies facing forward.. (x.x) u can't see where they are at.. and u get hit by their lasers.. (blue bats)

if u can recommend me what weapons or power to use.. for mission 6 that would be nice.. Thank u..🙂

My weapons im using atm:

Affirit

Grenade launcher

Items:

Star, yellow orb 17x, blue orb 1x 

On 26/6/2018 at 1:57 AM, Silently said:

Reviving this thread.. 

Um.. currently working on Hard mode Mission 6. How do I pass the Scissor Reaper lol1f602.png.. after returning to this game I felt like i forget everything.. fortunately.. I still have the save spot on this game..

Control setting is confusing sometimes..

The camera angle kinda sucks especially when there's an area with enemies facing forward.. (x.x) u can't see where they are at.. and u get hit by their lasers.. (blue bats)

if u can recommend me what weapons or power to use.. for mission 6 that would be nice.. Thank u..1f642.png

My weapons im using atm:

Affirit

Grenade launcher

Items:

Star, yellow orb 17x, blue orb 1x 

Hey, this might be late, but I checked your trophy list and you still don't have the hard mode trophy, so here it goes:

The scissor dude from chapter 6 is hard to catch, just make sure you activate dt and use Ifrit's inferno. After the hit deactivate and wait as soon as he appears on the screen and do it again, it should take you 3 blows-ish. Also, don't waste your consumables in the hard playthrough, you'll need 'em for Dmd, memorize the areas, most of the time you don't even need the gold orbs.

Edit: Oh, and honestly, people recomend the grenade launcher for DT building but I always found the handpistols faster for it while also giving you better mobility.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

On 10/3/2018 at 11:38 AM, scemopagliaccioh said:

Hey, this might be late, but I checked your trophy list and you still don't have the hard mode trophy, so here it goes:

The scissor dude from chapter 6 is hard to catch, just make sure you activate dt and use Ifrit's inferno. After the hit deactivate and wait as soon as he appears on the screen and do it again, it should take you 3 blows-ish. Also, don't waste your consumables in the hard playthrough, you'll need 'em for Dmd, memorize the areas, most of the time you don't even need the gold orbs.

Edit: Oh, and honestly, people recomend the grenade launcher for DT building but I always found the handpistols faster for it while also giving you better mobility.

Thank u.. unfortunately I went back to redo the normal mode due misable secret mission. I missed a bunch.. As of now, working my way on secret mission 7 and collecting blue orbs at same time.. I need to complete both full health and secret mission trophies on normal mode this way I don't have to worry about it towards hard mode.. thank u for ur guidance sir..