God of War Collection [PS Vita]

xKiDooMx

Hello. I am a huge GoW fan. I just got 2 days ago my GoW Collection for the vita. I've pre-ordered it as soon as Game.co.uk made it available. I was so existed about this collection since I heard about it at the 2013 E3. And I have to say, no dropping in frame rates, the graphics are amazing, and come on, it's GOD OF WAR!...

Anyways, my question is why you people don't buy this Collection (for vita)? Keeping in mind that the ones that got the collection on the PS3 will get it cross buy for vita. When I look at the owners on this site for the GoW Collection on Vita are like 600. So what's wrong, why people don't want it?

I know it's a PS2 Game (GoW 1 & 2) and then it was HD remastered on the PS3 (Which I loved) and now we get it on Vita. I know that for many gow fans it's the 3rd time when we pretty much play the games, but still.

Experiencing GoW on PS2, made me to become a fan of this game. Having it then on PS3 remastered and with trophy support was just amazing (Thank you Santa Monica & Sony for that). Now having it for vita (with trophy support and not stupid vita ports control)...is again amazing, a new experience.

I don't know, I just want to hear your opinions guys.

PS: I'm noob in posting in the forums, I mostly just read them, so if I put this topic in a wrong place, can a Moderator please move it to the right place? More exactly in the God of War Collection PS Vita section, please. Thank you.

Edited by xKiDooMx

Hello. I am a huge GoW fan. I just got 2 days ago my GoW Collection for the vita. I've pre-ordered it as soon as Game.co.uk made it available. I was so existed about this collection since I heard about it at the 2013 E3. And I have to say, no dropping in frame rates, the graphics are amazing, and come on, it's GOD OF WAR!...

Anyways, my question is why you people don't buy this Collection (for vita)? Keeping in mind that the ones that got the collection on the PS3 will get it cross buy for vita. When I look at the owners on this site for the GoW Collection on Vita are like 600. So what's wrong, why people don't want it?

I know it's a PS2 Game (GoW 1 & 2) and then it was HD remastered on the PS3 (Which I loved) and now we get it on Vita. I know that for many gow fans it's the 3rd time when we pretty much play the games, but still.

Experiencing GoW on PS2, made me to become a fan of this game. Having it then on PS3 remastered and with trophy support was just amazing (Thank you Santa Monica & Sony for that). Now having it for vita (with trophy support and not stupid vita ports control)...is again amazing, a new experience.

I don't know, I just want to hear your opinions guys.

PS: I'm noob in posting in the forums, I mostly just read them, so if I put this topic in a wrong place, can a Moderator please move it to the right place? More exactly in the God of War Collection PS Vita section, please. Thank you.

I never got into god of war but I want too. I'll definitly get it at some point and its good to hear thats its good from an actual fan and player. I LOVE the jak collection on vita and just got it. I'm also saving up for the Sly Collection (favorite games EVER)

IGN just gave this a 6.3/10 so i'm assuming it wasn't a very good port.

Well, I was not aware of that. And I do not agree at all with them. I do not have the experience to rate a game, but I can say that I was amazed when I played it.

I never got into god of war but I want too. I'll definitly get it at some point and its good to hear thats its good from an actual fan and player. I LOVE the jak collection on vita and just got it. I'm also saving up for the Sly Collection (favorite games EVER)

Just to let you know, I have complete the whole jak collection on PS3 and vita. 

On PS3? Probably and still the best platformer I ever played. (even if it's a ps2 port)

On Vita? Jak 1 is alright (speaking of framerates). Jak 2 is almost unplayable. Jak 3 is playable, well more improved in framerate then the second.

You should stop basing your opinion solely on reviews. IGN always compares Vita games to console games, so of course this isn't as good as the PS3 version.

Except these are PS2 games, which the Vita should be capable of running well. A lazy port is a lazy port. But either way, I don't think the issues with them are that significant.

Well, I was not aware of that. And I do not agree at all with them. I do not have the experience to rate a game, but I can say that I was amazed when I played it.

Just to let you know, I have complete the whole jak collection on PS3 and vita. 

On PS3? Probably and still the best platformer I ever played. (even if it's a ps2 port)

On Vita? Jak 1 is alright (speaking of framerates). Jak 2 is almost unplayable. Jak 3 is playable, well more improved in framerate then the second.

I thought they were all fine...

Apparently it has blurred visuals, muffled audio, forced touch elements, and framerate issues. I'd give it a chance if it was crossbuy but I have the disc version. 

Well, I haven't seen any of those and I'm not emphasizing the game even if I'm a fan. I haven't seen any framerate issues. Plus the touchscreen controls are quite well made, which I don't see that to often especially with ps2/ps1 port games that had r2/l2 r3/l3 buttons. If you want I can go more into details about the controls, but I would say they made it well.

Except these are PS2 games, which the Vita should be capable of running well. A lazy port is a lazy port. But either way, I don't think the issues with them are that significant.

You don't really know that. There have been very few good PS2 ports, Sly, Persona, and... I can't think of anything else.

For people that read only IGN / Machinima / etc reviews...I would recommend you to get your information from multiple places/people. In this way you can see different opinions on them, I usually go to Metacritic website and see reviews from 10-20 well known places in the industry.

But even then, I played games reviewed by IGN with 9.5 / 10 that I hated, and games that they gave 4 / 5 and LOVED.

Because that's their opinion, yours might be different.

Edited by xKiDooMx

I thought they were all fine...

Well, if you enjoyed them on PS2/PS3, you will have a lot of fun on the vita as well, even with the drops in framerates, Jak and Daxter will bring you a lot of fun, and I'm saying that from experience :)

I bought these games when they first came out on PS2, then bought the limited edition pandoras box set trilogy on PS3. I love GOW but buying the same games a third time is a little too much for me. I have plenty of great VITA games to be getting on with so I wont be buying this collection.

I do however fully encourage others to get it if they are interested. I love the idea of playing these games on my VITA just cant justify re-buying again.

Well, one thing that I can't get about this GoW Collection on vita is...

First of all, if you want to download the collection it has 22GB (at least that's what it says on the about page on the vita when you want to download/buy it)

Well, how the hell they managed to put those 2 games on a single vita card?...this just blows my mind.

It's less than 4GB, not 22GB, that's impossible. Probably different languages.

Yeep, That's true. 3.4GB more precise. I just checked in multiple sources (including my vita) and it says clearly that it required 3.4GB

I have no idea from where I;ve seen that thing with the 22GB, however I remember it was on my vita.

Anyways, my apologies.

Yeep, That's true. 3.4GB more precise. I just checked in multiple sources (including my vita) and it says clearly that it required 3.4GB

I have no idea from where I;ve seen that thing with the 22GB, however I remember it was on my vita.

Anyways, my apologies.

Yeah, same thing with the Sly Collection, I think it's because Europe has more than one language and so they have to release multiple versions.

Anyways, my apologies.

That's strange it's only 3.2GB in NA. Much confuse.