Death March in NG+

Already answered but yes, NG+ Death March will get you the respective trophy. I've got the Platinum on this game four separate times and always followed the same route: NG on Easy to get all the trophies, then play through the DLCs so I can get the best unlocks and gear, and finally a NG+ playthrough on Death March, which was much more of a breeze after doing that.

Edited by Creasy007
  • Like 4

Death March isn't that bad on NG. It's really the first bit of the game that's challenging. Once you get to Novigrad and start to get better gear and abilities it gets much easier. Gourmet may have been nerfed, but still also helps a lot so even leveling up once makes a big difference.

• Like 1

Death March isn't that hard at all IMO.

Other than the first 2 hours which are a bit of a learning curve, it's very achievable to run through on a first playthrough.

I also feel like it's the only difficulty in the game that sort of forces you to utilise the tools you have at your disposal, (bombs, oils and such) like a proper Witcher. It's the way the game is meant to be played, I think. 

Edited by CymroMatt

Yeah I feel the same. Death March oblige you to use the tools, the signs and the available resources you have as a real Witcher, nothing more than this.

On the easier ones you can overcome everything simply spamming attacks.

Already answered, but Death March is harder on NG+ by the way.

Can it be hard on NG, sure, but on NG+, the enemy levels jump up a lot hence why it gets harder. Despite you starting stronger than you start NG, it will actually take you longer to kill the enemies and they will hit harder on NG+!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Already answered, but Death March is harder on NG+ by the way

Oh really?  Good to know.

3 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Already answered, but Death March is harder on NG+ by the way

Oh really?  Good to know.

14 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Already answered, but Death March is harder on NG+ by the way.

Can it be hard on NG, sure, but on NG+, the enemy levels jump up a lot hence why it gets harder. Despite you starting stronger than you start NG, it will actually take you longer to kill the enemies and they will hit harder on NG+!

I have heard you do really great walkthrus and stuff, ever think of making one for this game or is it just too big?

Edited by Fing3rButt3r3
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, CymroMatt said:

Death March isn't that hard at all IMO.

Other than the first 2 hours which are a bit of a learning curve, it's very achievable to run through on a first playthrough.

I also feel like it's the only difficulty in the game that sort of forces you to utilise the tools you have at your disposal, (bombs, oils and such) like a proper Witcher. It's the way the game is meant to be played, I think. 

This.

It teaches you the game mechanics without holding your hand as it were and once you have defeated the first main boss in White Orchard, you level up fairly quickly, advance your skill set and become equally if not stronger than most enemies, apart from some which initially can be 10-15 levels above you.

Fantastic game worth playing by anyone that loves an explorative open world game.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

I have heard you do really great walkthrus and stuff, ever think of making one for this game or is it just too big?

I have already on the channel, get 100% witcher 3 trophies in 17 hours (20 without gwent playing cut out)!!!

I was planning to make an epic text guide as well, but never really got it finished, all I have are my Google Doc text guides for it. The Docs have everything, though its just not broken down into parts and such. If any parts in the text seem incorrect or don't say where to go (I meant to add maps in the text guide), you would need to try to track down that point in the video to check.

Doc 1/3

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kZ8Ws4_shkhoMLeKsUnDY64JXirb8Afgeicql3au7Lc/edit?usp=drivesdk

Doc 2/3

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BBzjV3SkDui8Bhmtar9eM_AgloGmvSavnMYUmGQFAhs/edit?usp=drivesdk

Doc 3/3

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UYvqyX1QX0TgdgmIRdKsqLt8PWfmoPE3AKVeJBm_ky8/edit?usp=drivesdk

This video is really short , but I do have this broken down into a video series as well.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...