What was the best psvr/psvr2 game you've ever played?

SpiderCerdo1987

42 minutes ago, Lord_Mgolivets said:

Paging @VeganVermithor  because he is the real expert here.

For me, on the psvr1 Skyrim was a incredibile experience, on the psvr2 I haven’t played so many games but horizon call of the mountain is graphically fantastic. Also swordmen because I have a lot of fun with that game.

Aww, thanks for the mention. But I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm an expert on what the best VR game is, simply because that's highly subjective and depending on what genre one person likes your top 5 can be widely different. For some really fun and informative entertainment on that topic I suggest checking out PSVR without parole's top25 debate. They do that format every so often and scratch anybody's VR itch like no other.

In my opinion, no native VR game comes close to the quality of the big hybrid titles. The best VR games imo are No Man's Sky as well as Resident Evil 8 and 4. Considering pure VR games, I'd I ironically have to mention Beat Saber, because I usually drop every game the second I get the platinum, but Beat Saber is something else and I've put a lot more extra hours into that.

Good thing you can play all the games though and don't have to stick to one all the time. Variety for the win. 😁

• Like 4

Batman Arkham VR - i always turn this game on when i'm showing off VR headset to my friends. The batcave sequence is great here.

The Exorcist: Legion VR - if you are a fan of horror titles, this one will likely make your blood chill. The jump scares that are right before your face, are something else.

Déraciné - a mystery game made by same studio who did Elden Ring.

Beat Saber & Oh Shape - for those who would like to exercise and play at the same time. Harder difficulties will make you sweat in 20 minutes.

Astro Bot Rescue Mission - for a casual fun VR experience

The Invisible Hours - while this game can be played without it, it's best enjoyed with VR headset on, as you immerse yourself into the murder mystery.

Edited by dimonemt
  • Like 2

I haven't played a lot, but I had a great experience with the VR (they are my first!). These are my thoughts with the main games I've played:

The best:

Astrobot Rescue Mission: Yes I'm one of the ones that got this game for free years ago despite not having the headset, and it was AMAZING. You never think a platform game would work or even make sense in VR, until you play it.

Batman Arkham VR: Despite being kind of a 2-hour demo, it's a really good example of what can be done with a great IP on VR mode. It's a gorgeuous looking game, with a perfect inmmersion into the world. There's also a really fun endgame content, with puzzles and collectibles. I though I wouldn't even bother with it and ended up getting the 100% twice.

Dream Tennis VR: Really underrated game, although it lacks modes, it's the most realistic sport game for this headset (I haven't tried Racket Fury, it's apparently really good).

Raw Data: This is an amazing shooter game, it doesn't give you motion sickness, it looks exactly as you think it needs to look, it's super fun.

Resident Evil 7: I don't really need to talk about it, it's the same experience than the console, except in your eyes, with all the fear involved. I wasn't able to play more than a few hours, incredible experience.

Other mentions: SuperHot, Everybody's Golf, Job Simulator, Moss, Deracine.

Mixed:

Star Wars Squadrons: It's a good game on the surface, a really good pilot experience (probably the best), with great graphics, but the story is boring, it plays extremely safe and relies a lot on the online, which you may like or not. It also feels empty depending on the mission.

The worst (or I simply didn't like them):

Skyrim: Motion sickness is the worst problem with this game. Despite that, it looks horribly dated for a futuristic headset, so except if you absolutely love Skyrim from before (which I don't), I don't recommend it.

IronMan VR: It's a really bad, boring game, with horrible movement. It also gives you motion sickness depending on the moment.

Eagle Flight: It suffers from the same mistakes the previous two games have.

Tiny Trax: It just doesn't excels in anything, it feels like a Moss/Astrobot but poorly executed.

Farpoint: Many people probably liked the game, but it's just motion sickness that make me unable to continue.

• Like 1

It depends on whether you want the most shocking and realistic-looking one OR the most fun to play. Usually, those are two different games.

On psvr1, the most shocking is Resident Evil 7 for sure. It is like putting you inside a horror movie for real (especially if you never played it). And many will say that it is the most realistic-looking too, but in my experience the VR missions in Ace Combat 7 were even more realistic than RE7, so that's the one that I recommend as "most realistic experience on psvr1." However, it's just a few short missions, so you are not getting a full game there. It's amazing material, but it is extremely short (like 1 hour). And RE7 is great, but I definitely didn't find it fun. And with so many other great options available, I quickly jumped into something else. So, at the end of the day, these are the most shocking and the most realistic-looking, but they are not what I would put at a number 1 for HIGH fun and entertainment, or even as a "best psvr1 game" you can get if you can only get one.

This shouldn't surprise anyone here, but Astro Bot Rescue Mission is the one I would name as the most fun psvr1 game. And the best one overall (not the most realistic, or the top fun available, or the most shocking, but definitely the best package overall) is obviously Skyrim VR. It's the original Skyrim in full VR from start to finish with the expansions included. You can literally get a psvr1 with Skyrim VR only and you would have a good time and +100 hours guaranteed. Astro Bot is like a vacation, but it can be beaten in less than 10 hours and platinumed in less than 20, so, even though it is the most fun, it makes no sense to say it is "much better" than Skyrim, outside of that "high fun factor" category. If you want "the best" for psvr1, I would get both Skyrim and Astro Bot, and one of the rhythm games, just to get started. I would also get Sprint Vector and Moss 2.

So, for psvr1, I would say:

Astro Bot = the most fun (like a great vacation pretty much)

RE7 = the most shocking (and the 2nd most realistic-looking one)

Ace Combat 7's VR missions = the most realistic-looking one

Batman Arkham VR = the 3rd most realistic-looking one

The Persistence = the 2nd most shocking one AND the best VR horror game on psvr1 (this is a lot more fun than RE7 and Saints and Sinners, if you ask me)

Bound's VR mode = the 3rd most shocking game I saw on psvr1 (it's like a surreal dream) and it is not because of any kind of survival or horror aspects, so this was extremely original indeed

I have far less experience with psvr2 than psvr1 (I have +120 games on vr1 and "just" 20-25 on vr2, and half of those are the ports from psvr1).

However, from what I have seen there, I would say:

RE8 = the most shocking one by far and probably the most realistic gameplay I saw in a VR game (it's in a tie with Half-life Alyx for realistic gameplay); however, I hate the survival aspects of these games (constant need to save bullets, getting easily one-shot by enemies, etc.) so this is not the most fun gaming for my taste

Runner = the 2nd most shocking one, and it is because of its fast-paced and challenging gameplay (the motorcycle on the highway in VR felt awesome the first time I tried it!)

Kayak VR = the most realistic-looking game on psvr2, some places in this game look REAL in fact (but it is not very fun, unless you seriously want a kayak rowing simulator, or a VR game to look at pretty locations in nature)

Red Matter 2 and Horizon CotM = tie for 2nd most realistic-looking game on psvr2; also, both of these are better games than Kayak VR, so go for these instead

Moss 2 = the most fun I had on psvr2 (and my favorite VR platinum to get!)

Extras:

This is good stuff for psvr2 owners who will get access to PC VR later this year.

From my "short-lived" experience with pc vr equipment and SteamVR:

Half-life Alyx = the most shocking (not as in survival-horror, but as in "wow, this game is impressive!!" ... Alyx does have some "horror game" aspects, but they never made the game harder to play or less entertaining, which was the case with nearly all other vr horror games I tried.)

Subnautica and Alyx = tie for the most realistic-looking game in pc vr (Subnautica in VR is a real treat. That alien ocean at night looked spectacular! It's like Kayak VR but you are in the water and can interact with the animals and stuff. It was mesmerizing!!)

Subnautica and Alyx = tie for the most fun I had with pc vr (no surprises here; and I definitely enjoyed Alyx more than RE8, even though both are in the same league)

Google Earth VR = Most shocking VR app in pc vr (if we have access to this kind of stuff, then, what do the secret service folks have access to? lol)

Edited by ValkerianCreator
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

Dream Tennis VR: Really underrated game, although it lacks modes, it's the most realistic sport game for this headset (I haven't tried Racket Fury, it's apparently really good).

If Dream Match Tennis VR was the most realistic sport game for psvr1 I would feel bad for the headset, lol. Luckily, we have Racket Fury, which is hard as hell, but it is much better looking and a lot more realistic too. Also, I think that these 4 were better than Dream Match Tennis too: Everybody's Golf VR, 2md VR Football, Holoball, and Danger Ball in Playstation VR Worlds. I might be a little biased however, I mean, I definitely didn't like those clown-faced opponents in Dream Match Tennis. There was one who was even named "princess man." Who came up with those names lol? 🤣. On the other hand, the cool-looking robots in Racket Fury will put your table tennis reflexes to the test for real. 😎👍

Racket Fury was easily the best sports game on psvr1, if you ask me.

Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality was probably the most fun I had, especially with other people making it a weird social experience.

Accounting+ was fun, Doom VFR was pretty good and What the Bat? was absurd.

• Like 1

I love Astro bot's rescue mission with a passion, it was worth the PSVR purchase alone for me. 

For those with PSVR2, has anyone played 7th Guest VR yet? I loved that game in the 90's and curious how it translated. I hope realMyst gets a port one day. 

• Like 1

Most of the usual suspects have already been mentioned, such as Astro Bot or Resident Evil 7, and I haven't played many VR games (I have over 100 but have only played about 15 or so) but I just wanted to mention Separation (PS4), a puzzle game with a simple premise: connect the light beam from one end of the map to the other. The walking is rather slow but you're basically just left to work things out for yourself while wandering a haunting landscape with eerie music and visuals, strange puzzles (some easy, others a bit taxing) and a fantastic atmosphere. Other people might find it bland or boring but I was totally consumed by the experience, spending hours exploring, trying to work out where to go next or what to do. At times it felt like I was stranded on an alien planet and I was disappointed that it had to end.

The lack of platinum might put people off, plus as I haven't played many VR games (and therefore can't make many comparisons/recommendations) my bar might be lower than some VR veterans' on here, but it's relatively cheap for the content (£12 full price; I paid half that in a sale) so maybe think about giving it a shot? I think it certainly deserves more attention.

Here's the trailer for it:

• Like 1

I only played a couple of VR 2 games so far as i am fairly new ( November last year ) but my most favorite three games so far are Walking Dead Saints and Sinners ( this game is so epic, couldn`t put  the Vr down ) Synapse ( such a cool rogue lite shooter, pretty short but imo VR games don`t need to be overly long ) and Horizon ( a graphic power house, looked SO good ).

Looking forward to play many more games this year. Started Hubris recently and it is also pretty fun. Pistol Whip will be next as well :)

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 7:16 PM, Startyde said:

I love Astro bot's rescue mission with a passion, it was worth the PSVR purchase alone for me. 

For those with PSVR2, has anyone played 7th Guest VR yet? I loved that game in the 90's and curious how it translated. I hope realMyst gets a port one day. 

Yes it's worth it! It's rebuilt from the ground up to be in VR, the actors are also in 3D space, it's really surreal. I definitely recommend this title if you were the fan of the 90's. Puzzles are great

• Like 1

Rush of blood was a great game and still one of my favourite and most satisfying plats. 

But I'd have to give it to one piece: grand Cruise. 

It was a very simple game, but it was the first vr game I ever played and just the whole concept of vr blew my mind. 

So it holds a special place. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give another shout out for RE7 VR.  I don't have a PSVR2, I'm sure RE8 and RE4 Remake are fun, but RE7 flat may very well be one of the scariest games out there, and the VR takes it to a whole other level.  I booted up a save sometime in the last year and I could barely make it through the creaking of opening a door before nope-ing out of there.

Really wish they'd port it to the PSVR2 so I could buy the new headset to replace the PSVR1 and not feel like I'm losing access to such a great experience.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

I'm new to the vr scene, just got my psvr1 last year. I'd say my favorites include both of the moss games and saints and sinners 1 and 2. Cant overstate how good saints and sinners is. Until dawn rush of blood had no business being so good as a launch title. Also, as long as you ignore the dlc, blood and truth was tons of fun as well. I still have a ton of games I haven't gotten to there about 30 more in my backlog lol.

Until Dawn Rush of Blood was an amazing experience for me. It's too bad Switchback VR is a pile of garbage in comparison.

I never finished RE7 VR because I just put it down for other games and my PSVR1 broke before I ever returned to it but the kid's room in VR was intense for me. Probably the only time in a game where I actually felt terrified.