Might be the worst PoP title ever made

Nipzie

Seriously. I'm late to the party on this one but didn't have a PS3 when it came out. Repeatedly beating the bosses over and over ... the terrible and clumsy combat system which is slow as molasses in the arctic ... the take away of control by having set animation ... and worst of all the control input lag. Is this because mine is the digital version and it's just glitchy? Because it's brutal. Really regretting buying this. Have been working on beating it for months but I just don't want to play it. I just want to beat it and forget the thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think this holds the record the for the longest game I have ever started and still haven't completed

I'll finish it sometime I swear! :D

Lol I agree. It's not hard I just don't care ... and I can't switch titles or I'll end up forgetting the control scheme and I can't leave it because I'm cheap and I paid for it so I'm going to beat it ... I think it's the controls. Prince of Persia was always great controls it just feels disconnected in this one. Liked the next one just can't get into this one at all.

I'm just going to leave this here :rolleyes:

Z0066142.jpg

That's not very encouraging.  I picked up the Dreamcast port (Arabian Nights) a while back when I was collecting Dreamcast games...is it really that bad, or was the original version just bad, but the DC port was better?

It being the worst PoP game doesn't mean it's a bad game.

I like all the PoP games, so yeah there's was entry that has to be last :P

I liked the innovative fast past climbing sequencies.

I'm glad that PoP TFS has continued this trend, because replaying previous games makes me feel a bit bored after climbing for a while.

I disliked hearing Nolan North again, because admit it, it becomes annoying hearing his voice everywhere.

Would he had used some accent, would have been cooler.

My favorite entry was Warrior Within.

• Like 1

Guys just be carefull and check for the "last door bug" . Many people ( and me) wasted hours playing the game just to be blocked away from the last level. Worst PoP ever , nvr touched it again. I bought the HD trilogy .. So much better .

Guys just be carefull and check for the "last door bug" . Many people ( and me) wasted hours playing the game just to be blocked away from the last level. Worst PoP ever , nvr touched it again. I bought the HD trilogy .. So much better .

Oh crap, now I'm a bit worried. I'm playing PoP right now and making good progress. I tried try search the glitch you mentioned, but didn't find any clear answer. Is it in the final area, and is it avoidable (multiple save slots?) ?

Anyhow, having a Prince of Persia marathon, all PS3 games back to back. Trilogy was pretty good story wise, Two Thrones being excellent and Warrior Within tolerable with many glitches.

The Forgotten Sands was a game I liked a lot, albeit being far too short for my taste  :unsure:

So far I am enjoying Prince of Persia (2008) a lot. Beautiful scenery, fun platforming and likable characters (I didn't even recognize Nolan North's voice, but should've guessed by the dialogue he spits out).

The only major complaint I have is the combat, which in my opinion doesn't have much freedom in it. I'm more of a 1-versus-100 kinda guy  :lol:

These games seem to divide gamers a lot, for the most parts I guess it's just a matter of taste  :ninja:

Oh crap, now I'm a bit worried. I'm playing PoP right now and making good progress. I tried try search the glitch you mentioned, but didn't find any clear answer. Is it in the final area, and is it avoidable (multiple save slots?) ?

Anyhow, having a Prince of Persia marathon, all PS3 games back to back. Trilogy was pretty good story wise, Two Thrones being excellent and Warrior Within tolerable with many glitches.

The Forgotten Sands was a game I liked a lot, albeit being far too short for my taste  :unsure:

So far I am enjoying Prince of Persia (2008) a lot. Beautiful scenery, fun platforming and likable characters (I didn't even recognize Nolan North's voice, but should've guessed by the dialogue he spits out).

The only major complaint I have is the combat, which in my opinion doesn't have much freedom in it. I'm more of a 1-versus-100 kinda guy  :lol:

These games seem to divide gamers a lot, for the most parts I guess it's just a matter of taste  :ninja:

Its rly hard to avoid because after the first boss u pick it might be locked allready. So even if you do many save slots you never know , i searched a lot for it and the only clear thing i found is that u have a special boss order to fight. People report a lot about fighting The Hunter first.. You should leave that one for last or you might b rly desappointed in the end.

And btw..dont rly worry about picking light seeds before u are sure it wont b blocked. The last one is in the last lvl , so u wont get tge trophy if the bug happens.

Its rly hard to avoid because after the first boss u pick it might be locked allready. So even if you do many save slots you never know , i searched a lot for it and the only clear thing i found is that u have a special boss order to fight. People report a lot about fighting The Hunter first.. You should leave that one for last or you might b rly desappointed in the end.

And btw..dont rly worry about picking light seeds before u are sure it wont b blocked. The last one is in the last lvl , so u wont get tge trophy if the bug happens.

Thank God I played it in the correct order to not get this glitch. Omg I'd be so pissed. Complete chance that I got the Hunter last. I just went left to right for the plates.

• 1 month later...

I thought this game was a lot of fun, one of my first PS3 titles. It switched a lot of things from the Last-Gen PoP Trilogy but I appreciated it's deviations, the levels, and just running from place to place. I wouldn't mind trying it out again, I have the platinum but want to 100% the DLC, which has some unrelentingly tough platforming.