Rockstar Games to release a PS4/Xbox One game by March 2015

Rockstar Games, the subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive responsible for games like Grand Theft Auto V, Red Dead Redemption, and L.A. Noire, will release a game for "next-gen" consoles during the company's current fiscal year. That means this game, presumably for Xbox One and/or PlayStation 4, will be released sometime before March 31, 2015.

Unfortunately, no other details about what this project could be were made available today. Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick said during a post-earnings financial call that he is "very excited about what [Rockstar Games] have in store for next-gen systems."

Could one of these projects be announced at E3 2014 next month? Historically, Rockstar Games does not attend the annual trade show, but Take-Two management didn't specifically say no when asked by an analyst today.

"At this point, Rockstar has not announced that they're going to be attending E3," Take-Two president Karl Slatoff said.

According to Take-Two, the Rockstar Games label will make up 45 percent of the company's total revenue in the coming year, which assumes the release of a major title. Robert W. Baird analyst Colin Sebastian believes GTA V will come to Xbox One and PS4 in 2014, but of course this is unconfirmed.

Take-Two posted record profit of over $500 million for its fiscal year ended March 31, helped by the massive success of GTA V, the company announced today.

Source : Gamespot

I'm guessing GTA 5 on PS4. Opinions?

I'd assume GTA V will get ported over but at the same time I'm uncertain seeing as how Rockstar never bothered with HD updates of their old games and just released them as PS2 classics. But time and money can change anybodies actions. The way Zelnick says he's very excited would imply to me it's something new though, hopefully a new Red Dead now that the servers for it are getting hacked. Also I wonder what ever happened to that to be PS3 exclusive Agent game?

I'd much rather see Red Dead Redemption 2 than a port of GTA V. RDR was easily one of the best games from the last generation and it would be awesome to see a sequel on the current generation systems. 

Parker

• Like 2

its agent... he game they were meant to be releasin 2 years ago

I completely forgot about that game. It'd make sense to release it on the PS4 now I suppose, but I'd still rater see Red Dead Redemption 2. 

Parker

also good point about rdr2, i remember readin in 2013 that R* posted ads which were also printed in games magazines lookin to employ graphic designers with experience in american history era design... points the finger at rdr 2, even metro said that the possibility of jack marston returnin in 2015 is very likely as there were rumours abound that R* wanted to take the story to manhatten... would be great to see jack start preparin for a life of good in early industrial manhatten only to take the same path as his father before him...

i quickly tried to type about agent but someone else has pointed it out above... it was believed to of been the code name for lanoire but actual brandin got printed and its agent in lowercase letters with a guy holdin a gun comin out of one of the letters, possibly the a... i forgot about rdr2 until i read ur post parker so thats why i put about it after...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

bully also... just readin through, someone has put bully... i read about that too so could be anyone of them 3, i'd say agent first as its gone awol but it might've been canned so that would leave rdr2 n bully: the workplace- the sequel was meant to be about a nerd in an office who gets bullied until the FCC got involved with a war on R*...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

I'd much rather see Red Dead Redemption 2 than a port of GTA V. RDR was easily one of the best games from the last generation and it would be awesome to see a sequel on the current generation systems. 

Parker

Same here.

I'm not a fan of Western games,but my older brother gave me a copy of RDR (he thought I would like it)

And he was right,I did love playing RDR :D

So,I would rather have a RDR2 than an updated port of GTA V.

bully also... just readin through, someone has put bully... i read about that too so could be anyone of them 3, i'd say agent first as its gone awol but it might've been canned so that would leave rdr2 n bully: the workplace- the sequel was meant to be about a nerd in an office who gets bullied until the FCC got involved with a war on R*...

Interestingly Agent is still listed under their games section on the Rockstar Social website with the caption "Coming Soon". It's definitely been that exact image for awhile but the fact that they haven't taken it down altogether suggests it could still be in the works. Although at this point I'm not sure it would still be PlayStation exclusive, might go the way of Final Fantasy Versus XIII and go multiplatform. 

I'm still waiting on R* to come out with an open-world cyberpunk game with maybe game mechanics similar to L.A. Noire. I know it ain't gonna happen, but a dude can dream. I'd go next gen for that.

Shadowrun by Rockstar. I like the sound of that. 

• Like 1

To be fair, Revolver was sort of in it's own little universe, same with Redemption.

They could probably make a prequel for it, but I think doing a seperate story again would probably be better.

If I'm not mistaken I believe Rockstar said Redemption was a spiritual successor to Revolver so I don't think they'd do a prequel. I agree though, they could make a pretty badass one. 

Parker