What changes would you make to PSN?

awesome_guy_9000

Add the ability to organize the download list. Mines a mess, with huge amounts of demos, DLCS, vita games, ps1 & ps2 games, online passes, and ps+ games I'm probably never going to play. its like 600 things I need to navigate though just to see what i have or locate something.

I don't think you should be able to delete trophy lists. If you started a game, but couldn't/wouldn't finish it, I think that should stick with you. Otherwise you'll have everyone with near 100% completion and there would be nothing to differentiate the dedicated hunters from the rest of us.

Dying for a name change. I'd pay up to $20 for it lol!

As for trophy deletion, I think they should set a percentage. Something like under 5-10% can be deleted, because to me, it still indicates that the person doesn't really care for the game. Otherwise, I agree that it would make a high completion percentage seem unimpressive.

• Like 1

the changes i'd have:

- changes to id name

- deletion of games regardless of percentages

- put an end to cross play instant finishes on games

- put an end to finishin a game in every region... once you finish a game it should be finished across all regions

also i think the ability to buy new titles from other regions via psn would be good like shoppin on the japanese store for instance... they have all the best avi's and themes! lol...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

1. In general, I think account holders should have the option of deleting their own trophy data in some way, shape, or form. It would solve the whole "0 %" issue.

2. Also, have better policies in place that gives account holders more rights to the digital content that they have purchased. Sony should either somehow still allow access to whatever the person legally bought or re-emburse them the total value of which regardless of if their account was compromised or they were banned for any reason. If they cannot legally come into your house and take all your retail games then they should not be able to ban you from accessing your digital content.

3. FULL backwards compatibility with at least the digital games and DLC on the PS4. It CAN be done and in the digital age we live in today, it shouldn't even be legal for them to create a next gen platform that does not read legacy data. It's borderline robbery and completely unacceptable imo

4. Lastly, stop charging people to play online for PS4. Servers are servers...if they could maintain them free of charge for all 7 years of last gen then they can continue to do it. People already pay their ISPs to have internet access and Sony is not entitled for providing me with something that I already pay someone else for.

Many people will disagree and try to argue with me about a few of these things (it happens all the time) but I don't care. I've worked in the IT industry long enough to know what's technically possible or not and ways people try to circumvent things for their own interest.

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 2

Consolidate game versions. I realize it's just a cash grab focused on people who care about trophies more than the games and it doesn't hurt anyone but for some reason seeing 5 "different" versions of Sound Shapes (or whatever) on someone's account irritates me.

• Like 1

I would have to agree with the party chat, some how not having to sync trophies all the time, and being able to delete 0% games.

Also, instead of maybe every game doing plat. like microsoft and their 1000 achievement points for Xbox one games, why not make every PSN or non plat. game have a trophy like a Diamond and reward the player an extra 100 trophy points for getting 100% in the base PSN, non plat game.  That way every one can see you beat a PSN game and that Diamond would be for every PSN game with trophies ever released now and in the future. 

Delete 0% trophy games off my list

Have a favourites on my friends list so can easily see people who I play with regularly straight away instead of going through big list of friends

(PS4 only) pop up when friends come online

Name change

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just being able to remove un-played games. When I got my PS4 I didn't really know or care how all this Trophy malarkey worked, having been away from consoles since before all this came in.

So of course when I plugged in my PS4 and signed up for PS+, I saw the word "free" in the PS Store and went, HELL YEAH!!!!

I do not need two pinball games. One will never get played. 

I do not have time for DC Universe Online. It will never get played. 

Luckily a few of the other games I downloaded and tried once did not have a Trophy list.

I don't see why we couldn't remove games with 0% completion. I see what some people say how this would diminish the importance of a high completion percentage but I tend to factor in the amount of games related to said completion too. 

If i've done my maths correctly the removal of my 0% completion games would put my overall up to 44.4% so not a great difference anyways.

I suppose for someone like me this is unimportant and not really an issue beyond personal annoyance at early ignorance. BUT.... this would be a feature I'd beg for. Like a do-over. 

Change username/region

Overhaul the Download List on PS3 and Vita, it's a freaking mess and takes forever to actually find anything older. I can't download PS3-only downloads on my Vita, why is it showing that on my Vita list? At least let us edit the list

Actual custom avatars would be nice, aside from the PS4-Facebook workaround.

i want to be able to delete games off my trophy list. i know you can hide them, but i still see it. while playing shadow of the colossus (the bundle with ico) i accidentally clicked ico, which i do not want on my trophy list, and despite turning off the ps3 immediatly, it got on my list. deleting games and their trophies off my list would be nice.