What was/is your toughest thing in this game

Priere

Hello, this is the first time i do a topic on psn profiles.

as the title says, by "thing" i mean anything.

for me, yesterday at like 2 am i was trying to capture this fiend for the monster arena, it was called [sIMURGH].

it was like so hard to find it until i did a soft reset after i beat him twice and redid that and boom finally captured 10.

for now i would say the toughest thing i will do is the lightning dancer trophy (dodging 200 lightning strikes in a row)

AND dark aeons. i didn't beat a single one yet but so excited to do so. :giggle:

so what about you?

This depends on your definition of toughest.

I would say the hardest fight I actually did (both superbosses were beaten with Zanmato, got sick of the grind) was Dark Anima, I actually died the first time I tried it.  With max stats, the other dark aeons are pushovers.  Dark Bahamut was the only other one that presents a slight challenge.

As for the longest, that was without a doubt filling in all the empty slots on the sphere grid.

With the exploit on the lightning bolts, it was actually easy and finished in around 15-20 minutes.

Edited by Sir_Bee

Oh, I finished the grid for all characters, and could do the fights, but I was sick of the grind and just wanted it over with.  I will likely go back and try both fights properly at some point, but I just needed a break :).

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm... I've not platted the game yet and currently working on completing the (Expert) Sphere Grid... so far the toughest thing I've encounter in this game are:

-Dark Bahamut - seriously, this guy is a pain in the bottom... I don't want to Zanmato.... my pride tells me to kick their ugly bottoms with hours of grinding... well managed to defeat him earlier and I have literally kick my feet in the air due to joy... ahhh.. worth it...

-Grinding for Fortune Sphere... I want to have all my characters to at least have 150 Luck and so far I only have 3 characters (Rikkie, Yunie and Aurie) with 100 luck each...not tough to be exact but somehow annoying to the fact I only have 2 options to get Fortune Sphere...to earn 300k to just bribe a monster to give me s attrib sphere or painfully watch Earth Eater's bottom fart Flare over and over again...

-Getting an accessory with Ribbon from Yo-Jim-Boy.... fighting him is fun.... but doing it over and over and keeps on dropping weapons and armor I don't need is not fun.... due to repeatedly beating him over and over again, I've managed to create an accessory/armor with ribbon from scratch  <_<

• 1 month later...

it depends on the way yo play. i don't like to use tricks what makes hard things incredible easy like zanmato with superbosses or the don tonberry ap trick to level up. so like i play the hardest thing is the gold trohy for completing all sphere grids. but if you use zanmato but not the don tonberry ap trick the grid is still the hardest, but if you use the don tonberry ap trick and not use zanmato then penance is a bit harder then the grid so it is to you if you find penance or lightning dodger the hardest thing, but if you use both tricks you find probably lightning dodger the hardest thing.

Grinding out the Sphere Grid is a bigger pain in the ass and more aggravating than anything else in this title.  Sure, I overdid things more than a little bit -- my guys had 81,000 HP (give or take) and 180 Luck (ditto) before I went after the Dark Aeons and Penance, but the battles themselves weren't particularly difficult with the right strategy in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Most time-consuming? Farming the sphere grid, which I've still not done yet on the PS3.

Most legitimately difficult? Getting the sun sigil, mostly because of the broken controls. -_-

Yes I agree.. Still working on sphere grid on some chars.

(Sure, still need to take out Penance and dark aeons, but still)

hmmmm. hardest was keeping my sanity while grinding for 7 complete sphere grids. ok, ok, probably anything blitzball related. i spent far to much time getting wakkas slots. and i got pretty good to, but those luca goers were always handing my team their ass. and at the beginning of the game, i kept reseting it because i really wanted to win that optional tourement, but i just kept losing. ugh, i HATE blitzball.

(the only reason this was worse than penance or nemisis, is because i totally just said screw this and used zanamoto on them)

I am surprised to hear all the trouble people have with blitzball.  I just recruited a few decent players, and then I never lost a game.  I would be winning by 2 or more goals every time.  Switch the controls to manual, swim around until you can get tidus or your other forward close to the net, pass, shoot, score, move on.  The toughest team I actually found were the Ronsos.  The high endurance, and solid goaltending gave me the most trouble.

Yes I agree.. Still working on sphere grid on some chars.

(Sure, still need to take out Penance and dark aeons, but still)

Just finished the Sphere Grid today... Man, is that a burden off my shoulders, lol.

The Dark Aeons were pretty easy compared to that, imo. Quick Hit and Auto-Life are life-savers, though I did have to have Yuna casting it on every other turn for some of them, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Without any doubt, the most difficult thing of the game is the chocobo 0:0:0 race. Have spent hours on it, and the best I could get was 0:01:5.

It's a pain, and I've already broken 2 ps3 dualshocks, launching them in frustration to the wall (true, I promise), all for this damn chocobo race.

Havent tried the blitzball game yet, but found a web with the "perfect team", so I think it won't be too difficult to achieve.

Without any doubt, the most difficult thing of the game is the chocobo 0:0:0 race. Have spent hours on it, and the best I could get was 0:01:5.

It's a pain, and I've already broken 2 ps3 dualshocks, launching them in frustration to the wall (true, I promise), all for this damn chocobo race.

Havent tried the blitzball game yet, but found a web with the "perfect team", so I think it won't be too difficult to achieve.

Amen to that, was the most annoying minigame to do. Fortunately it only took me like 1-2 hours but could easily see people getting too frustrated because it is partly a luck minigame as you need the balloons to be in preferable positions and them b*stards birds to not hit you.

There was another chocobo minigame you needed to complete for a trophy where you had to quickly collect a certain amount of treasure and still win the race. Make sure you watch a video for that because the time is incredibly tight and the chocobo controls are wonky as hell.

• 2 weeks later...

Chocobo minigame was a pain for me too. Got so frustrated that I threw the controller aside. Husband tried it...got it in 10 minutes.. beginners luck.

Still did it again though, wanted to get it once myself too.

I thought the lightning dancer trophy would be a pain as well, it was really easy though.