What was/is your toughest thing in this game

Priere

Definitely Dark Yojinbo. I defeated all other Dark Aeons using Zanmatou. But I can't afford doing it 5 times in a row and even if I could it would be a bit tricky to fill Yuna's orange bar up in every battle because Dark Yojinbo doesn't waste much time clowning around. And even if I had time for that it would be incredibly lucky to make 5 Zanmatous in a row. So I tried it the way I fight my battles normally: Throwing every Aeon and Wakka's attacks on my enemy. But I lost in the 5th battle T_T

However that was just my first try. I will try again tomorrow. Penance will be a piece of cake with Zanmatou. Man, all of this would have taken soooo much longer if there was no Yojinbo.

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover

Definitely Dark Yojinbo. I defeated all other Dark Aeons using Zanmatou. But I can't afford doing it 5 times in a row and even if I could it would be a bit tricky to fill Yuna's orange bar up in every battle because Dark Yojinbo doesn't waste much time clowning around. And even if I had time for that it would be incredibly lucky to make 5 Zanmatous in a row. So I tried it the way I fight my battles normally: Throwing every Aeon and Wakka's attacks on my enemy. But I lost in the 5th battle T_T

However that was just my first try. I will try again tomorrow. Penance will be a piece of cake with Zanmatou. Man, all of this would have taken soooo much longer if there was no Yojinbo.

Dark yojimbo isn't so bad.  How upgraded are your people?  Don't use your aeons to fight, only pull them out when he is about to attack.  You will get way more turns with your team with a decent speed state and haste on.  Also remember that you can save between fights (there is a sphere in the cave you can access after the first fight).  If you are having trouble, you may need to raise your stats more.  Also note that you can grind him for the gear he drops (just don't fight the one in the offshoot, and you can fight the other 4 over and over again.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Without any doubt, the most difficult thing of the game is the chocobo 0:0:0 race. Have spent hours on it, and the best I could get was 0:01:5.

It's a pain, and I've already broken 2 ps3 dualshocks, launching them in frustration to the wall (true, I promise), all for this damn chocobo race.

Havent tried the blitzball game yet, but found a web with the "perfect team", so I think it won't be too difficult to achieve.

I would have to agree, but disagree as it took me only 30 minutes(don't hate me D:) to get this done! Back on the PS2, however, it took me at least 3 days to get it down perfectly. I managed to get 14 balloons and one bird in 32 seconds and would have been pissed if she gave me another Mega Ether. It was funny since afterwards I was well stocked full of them. 

Edited by x410xDragon

It wasn't as bad if you used the Don Tonberry method to farm AP! c:

Yeah, that's what i did. But it made my overall playtime increase a whole bunch. I was originally going to shove any spheres on the grid to get the trophy, but after failing the last Zanmato 5 times, i went and got Tidus, Rikku and Wakka to 255 on everything :P

1. 0:00:00 Chocobo race
  2. 200 Lightning dodges
  3. Dark Yojimbo

As for Blitzball... very easy. I never lost a game, and it doesn't take long before I score a goal every half minute without the opponents ever even doing a single shot at the goal. I like the take the best goal keepers of the opponents though. :)

Yeah, that's what i did. But it made my overall playtime increase a whole bunch. I was originally going to shove any spheres on the grid to get the trophy, but after failing the last Zanmato 5 times, i went and got Tidus, Rikku and Wakka to 255 on everything :P

Did you get 255 luck and magic too? :P

Did you get 255 luck and magic too? :P

You one can do that, but it means you get less HP and MP etc. Certain stats are useless to get to 255 though, because of how the battle system works. Can't remember exactly what it was anymore, but it's easy to read up on.

not on luck, that would be ridiculous lol

IIRC now, I think Luck might be an important stat to increase to free up space on the sphere grid for HP and MP. Luck I think replaces Accuracy and a lot of Evasion...

99999 HP 999 MP

255 Strength 170 Agility

255 Defense +30 Evasion

255 Magic xxx Accuracy

255 Magic Defense 255 Luck

^ You can do that kind of stats.

Any more than 170 Agility = completely useless.

IIRC now, I think Luck might be an important stat to increase to free up space on the sphere grid for HP and MP. Luck I think replaces Accuracy and a lot of Evasion...

99999 HP 999 MP

255 Strength 170 Agility

255 Defense +30 Evasion

255 Magic xxx Accuracy

255 Magic Defense 255 Luck

^ You can do that kind of stats.

Any more than 170 Agility = completely useless.

I meant in the sense that farming Fortune Spheres is absolutely time consuming and insane. In fact, if you maxed out Luck you wouldn't need Agility or Accuracy at all. But, y'know..

I meant in the sense that farming Fortune Spheres is absolutely time consuming and insane. In fact, if you maxed out Luck you wouldn't need Agility or Accuracy at all. But, y'know..

I get what you mean, but I think you did a typo there, because Agility is not what Luck replaces. In any case, there's absolutely no point in going above 170 agility, no matter what your Luck is.

I get what you mean, but I think you did a typo there, because Agility is not what Luck replaces. In any case, there's absolutely no point in going above 170 agility, no matter what your Luck is.

Yeah, i forgot Agility also affects how many turns you get before the enemy. But it affects your chance to hit as well. And with max Luck, you always hit, and with a critical.

You one can do that, but it means you get less HP and MP etc. Certain stats are useless to get to 255 though, because of how the battle system works. Can't remember exactly what it was anymore, but it's easy to read up on.

I got about 130+ Luck, but skipped Magic entirely. As for everything else, I got 255. 

not on luck, that would be ridiculous lol

Yeah, Earth Eater is not exactly the most enjoyable fight in the game. 

I got about 130+ Luck, but skipped Magic entirely. As for everything else, I got 255. 

Yeah, but there was no point in getting higher than 170 Agility, no matter what the other stats are. Kinda stupid, and rather misleading by the game IMO. :P With that high Luck, you probably didn't need a lot of accuracy or evasion either. :P

I listed what I thought was the hardest in the game earlier, but the grind to fill the sphere grid was what took the most out of me to do.

Edited by MMDE

• 1 year later...

But really, only three actually hard things in the entire game...

1. 0:00:00 Chocobo race
  2. 200 Lightning dodges
  3. Dark Yojimbo

All the dark aeons and bosses could be one-hit-instant-killed with Yojimbo, but Dark Yojimbo had several parts you had to do without saving. In other words, Yojimbo was the only any hard whatsoever.

Blitzball is super easy, and you can basically create a team where you just swim up to the guy who gets the ball, take it and shoot from there and score over and over and over. I can't remember the max score you can get, but I've hit that max so many times.

Grinding is just time consuming and the time required can be heavily reduced if done correctly. You also don't need 255 in each stat, know when they max out and what equipment can do to mitigate for certain stats.

Edited by MMDE