YaoiGod

What was/is your toughest thing in this game

115 posts in this topic

Hardest? Penance. I didn't find the lightning too hard... just stressful. Definitely had to stop for several minutes to calm my nerves; ended up doing 10-20 dodges then paused and repeat.

For me, it has always and will always be getting a 00:00 time on the chocobo race against the trainer. It has been so over 10 years ago when the PS2 one was released so I ignored the race and just beat the dark aeons back then without Tidus. Now when I saw that there's a trophy for it, I almost shed a tear at having to miss out on an FF platinum as I like to collect FF plats....

On 23/09/2016 at 4:26 PM, Hemiak said:

Hardest thing is staying motivated to grind out the sphere grid, period. I've done all the celestial weapon stuff like 5x now so it's all pretty automatic.

^^^^ This. The chocobo races can be frustrating, but are easily done in 30 mins to an hour, and the lightning dodging is pretty easy when you use the crater trick. The sphere grinding is just tedium central. I am so glad that platinum is out of the way now for me xD

Guys, I am about to start playing this game tonight. Have looked into the Trophy Guide and I saw only one missable trophy Master Linguist trophy_gold.png. My question is, with regard to the four missable Al Bhed Primers, listed below, do I need to get them right after getting the Airship or before I get the Airship?

#19. Al Bhed Home - Outside (Missable)
Right when you approach the Al Bhed Home, before heading inside check near the rubble on the left side.
#20. Al Bhed Home - Quarters (Missable)
When you enter the Al Bhed Home you'll eventually be in a narrow hallway and the camera will shift to an odd angle. Move forward until it fixes itself, now go back the way you came and check the door to the left. Inside the door you'll be attacked. Clear the enemies then check the bed for the Primer.
#21. Al Bhed Home - Hallway (Missable)
In the same hallway as mentioned in #20. When you move forward there will be a three-way split. The left has a Save Sphere on it, head to the right path and the Primer is on the ground in the back corner.
#22. Bevelle Temple - Pre-Cloister of Trials (Missable)
After a specific storyline event you'll be in Bevelle and you'll be making your way to the Cloister of Trials. There's a small area with a set of stairs and you'll watch the party leave through a door in the back. The Primer is on the ground just to the right of the stairs.

Thanks!

On 2/1/2018 at 5:16 PM, MegaZeroXX said:
Spoiler

Guys, I am about to start playing this game tonight. Have looked into the Trophy Guide and I saw only one missable trophy Master Linguist trophy_gold.png. My question is, with regard to the four missable Al Bhed Primers, listed below, do I need to get them right after getting the Airship or before I get the Airship?

#19. Al Bhed Home - Outside (Missable)
Right when you approach the Al Bhed Home, before heading inside check near the rubble on the left side.
#20. Al Bhed Home - Quarters (Missable)
When you enter the Al Bhed Home you'll eventually be in a narrow hallway and the camera will shift to an odd angle. Move forward until it fixes itself, now go back the way you came and check the door to the left. Inside the door you'll be attacked. Clear the enemies then check the bed for the Primer.
#21. Al Bhed Home - Hallway (Missable)
In the same hallway as mentioned in #20. When you move forward there will be a three-way split. The left has a Save Sphere on it, head to the right path and the Primer is on the ground in the back corner.
#22. Bevelle Temple - Pre-Cloister of Trials (Missable)
After a specific storyline event you'll be in Bevelle and you'll be making your way to the Cloister of Trials. There's a small area with a set of stairs and you'll watch the party leave through a door in the back. The Primer is on the ground just to the right of the stairs.

Thanks!

Pretty sure 19, 20 and 21 are before the Airship and 22 is shortly after.

200 thunder dodging, as a kid I was traumatized by it, 4 years ago I was able to do it easily, but mostly due to luck,  I'll never do it again though, that's for sure.

Also yeah, pretty angered that one albhed primer was missable, since I only had another save and it was a no Spheregrid run, so I had to fight that dragon before the plat.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

I have no idea how but I did Chocobo Catcher in like 10 minutes at most. Was fairly incredulous considering barely any of my previous runs had come close which just shows how luck based it is. I found the Remiem Temple race more annoying despite it taking about the same amount of time, purely because not only are the controls shit but even if you do it perfectly there are some runs you cannot win. Haven't done the lightning dodging yet but I think that will probably clinch it as the most difficult, especially seeing as how just wandering through the area and occasionally dodging lightning bolts for practice I've noticed a shocking amount of input lag. At least there is a spot where you can consistently spawn it so that may offset that issue. 

Toughest thing for me was actually not even tied to any of the trophies. I went completely OCD and re-did the entire sphere grid, removing all the +1s, +2s, +3s and replacing them with +4s. This was all post platinum too. Many 100s of hours later after a shit tonne of farming and grinding I had the perfect sphere grid. Getting 255 luck was the biggest bitch. I even replaced HP/MP nodes even though I never use Break HP Limit or Break MP Limit. Almost done maxing out my Blitz team, although I can't get Tidus to learn Anti-Drain for the life of me.

1 hour ago, Zolkovo said:

Toughest thing for me was actually not even tied to any of the trophies. I went completely OCD and re-did the entire sphere grid, removing all the +1s, +2s, +3s and replacing them with +4s. This was all post platinum too. Many 100s of hours later after a shit tonne of farming and grinding I had the perfect sphere grid. Getting 255 luck was the biggest bitch. I even replaced HP/MP nodes even though I never use Break HP Limit or Break MP Limit. Almost done maxing out my Blitz team, although I can't get Tidus to learn Anti-Drain for the life of me.

Anti-Drain is impossible to tech learn, at least it's what I remember.

I actually tried to do the same on PS2 originally, but never did that, only maxed the Sphere Grid 3 times with +4 spheres (and 60k HP, if I'm not wrong), at the time I also tried to keep the missable Blitzball player from Calm Lands, but he's not exactly good..

And ya, I have several runs of this game all at 300+ hours.. for the platinum I actually went the "easy" way and just maxed out the stats, after that I just used random spheres to fill the grid, wasn't feeling like doing all that work again for a 4th time :lol:

Chocobo 0.00.00 race...100%.

I tried it 25+ times and my best time was somewhere around the 6 second mark.

At that point i got the same feeling i got with the Fector's challenge from Stardew Valley.

"Is it doable, yes.... Is it going to cost me a broken controller and ruins the game for me... 100% yes".

So this trophy is not going to pop on my screen, and the same for the Celestial weapons because of that.

Sucks..

Everything was easy for me except the damn 200 thunderbolts... Delayed my plat because I just gave up. But then I tried again a lot later and got it, so I also finished the grid because I had dropped it too, knowing I wouldn't have the plat anyway.

None of the minigames, but grinding the one eye for triple ap weapons with 2 free slots was the worst for me. It just wouldnt give me Lulu's weapon and when it finally did it had only 1 free slot. Fought him like 300 times.

Also getting 5 zanmato in a row for dark Yojimbo was annoying it took me a few hours of reloading to finally get 4 in a row, then beat the last one with aeons and doublecasting ultima.

I don't know if I actually answered this before, but it was definitely the Chocobo 0.00 time. I was never able to do it on PS2, and feared that I wouldn't on PS3. When I did, I let out an actual shout of triumph.