What was/is your toughest thing in this game

Priere

For me, it has always and will always be getting a 00:00 time on the chocobo race against the trainer. It has been so over 10 years ago when the PS2 one was released so I ignored the race and just beat the dark aeons back then without Tidus. Now when I saw that there's a trophy for it, I almost shed a tear at having to miss out on an FF platinum as I like to collect FF plats....

On 23/09/2016 at 4:26 PM, Hemiak said:

Hardest thing is staying motivated to grind out the sphere grid, period. I've done all the celestial weapon stuff like 5x now so it's all pretty automatic.

^^^^ This. The chocobo races can be frustrating, but are easily done in 30 mins to an hour, and the lightning dodging is pretty easy when you use the crater trick. The sphere grinding is just tedium central. I am so glad that platinum is out of the way now for me xD

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I am about to start playing this game tonight. Have looked into the Trophy Guide and I saw only one missable trophy Master Linguist trophy_gold.png. My question is, with regard to the four missable Al Bhed Primers, listed below, do I need to get them right after getting the Airship or before I get the Airship?

#19. Al Bhed Home - Outside (Missable)
Right when you approach the Al Bhed Home, before heading inside check near the rubble on the left side.
#20. Al Bhed Home - Quarters (Missable)
When you enter the Al Bhed Home you'll eventually be in a narrow hallway and the camera will shift to an odd angle. Move forward until it fixes itself, now go back the way you came and check the door to the left. Inside the door you'll be attacked. Clear the enemies then check the bed for the Primer.
#21. Al Bhed Home - Hallway (Missable)
In the same hallway as mentioned in #20. When you move forward there will be a three-way split. The left has a Save Sphere on it, head to the right path and the Primer is on the ground in the back corner.
#22. Bevelle Temple - Pre-Cloister of Trials (Missable)
After a specific storyline event you'll be in Bevelle and you'll be making your way to the Cloister of Trials. There's a small area with a set of stairs and you'll watch the party leave through a door in the back. The Primer is on the ground just to the right of the stairs.

Thanks!

On 2/1/2018 at 5:16 PM, MegaZeroXX said:
Spoiler

Guys, I am about to start playing this game tonight. Have looked into the Trophy Guide and I saw only one missable trophy Master Linguist trophy_gold.png. My question is, with regard to the four missable Al Bhed Primers, listed below, do I need to get them right after getting the Airship or before I get the Airship?

#19. Al Bhed Home - Outside (Missable)
Right when you approach the Al Bhed Home, before heading inside check near the rubble on the left side.
#20. Al Bhed Home - Quarters (Missable)
When you enter the Al Bhed Home you'll eventually be in a narrow hallway and the camera will shift to an odd angle. Move forward until it fixes itself, now go back the way you came and check the door to the left. Inside the door you'll be attacked. Clear the enemies then check the bed for the Primer.
#21. Al Bhed Home - Hallway (Missable)
In the same hallway as mentioned in #20. When you move forward there will be a three-way split. The left has a Save Sphere on it, head to the right path and the Primer is on the ground in the back corner.
#22. Bevelle Temple - Pre-Cloister of Trials (Missable)
After a specific storyline event you'll be in Bevelle and you'll be making your way to the Cloister of Trials. There's a small area with a set of stairs and you'll watch the party leave through a door in the back. The Primer is on the ground just to the right of the stairs.

Thanks!

Pretty sure 19, 20 and 21 are before the Airship and 22 is shortly after.

• 1 month later...

200 thunder dodging, as a kid I was traumatized by it, 4 years ago I was able to do it easily, but mostly due to luck,  I'll never do it again though, that's for sure.

Also yeah, pretty angered that one albhed primer was missable, since I only had another save and it was a no Spheregrid run, so I had to fight that dragon before the plat.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

• 2 months later...

I have no idea how but I did Chocobo Catcher in like 10 minutes at most. Was fairly incredulous considering barely any of my previous runs had come close which just shows how luck based it is. I found the Remiem Temple race more annoying despite it taking about the same amount of time, purely because not only are the controls shit but even if you do it perfectly there are some runs you cannot win. Haven't done the lightning dodging yet but I think that will probably clinch it as the most difficult, especially seeing as how just wandering through the area and occasionally dodging lightning bolts for practice I've noticed a shocking amount of input lag. At least there is a spot where you can consistently spawn it so that may offset that issue. 

• 1 month later...

Toughest thing for me was actually not even tied to any of the trophies. I went completely OCD and re-did the entire sphere grid, removing all the +1s, +2s, +3s and replacing them with +4s. This was all post platinum too. Many 100s of hours later after a shit tonne of farming and grinding I had the perfect sphere grid. Getting 255 luck was the biggest bitch. I even replaced HP/MP nodes even though I never use Break HP Limit or Break MP Limit. Almost done maxing out my Blitz team, although I can't get Tidus to learn Anti-Drain for the life of me.

1 hour ago, Zolkovo said:

Toughest thing for me was actually not even tied to any of the trophies. I went completely OCD and re-did the entire sphere grid, removing all the +1s, +2s, +3s and replacing them with +4s. This was all post platinum too. Many 100s of hours later after a shit tonne of farming and grinding I had the perfect sphere grid. Getting 255 luck was the biggest bitch. I even replaced HP/MP nodes even though I never use Break HP Limit or Break MP Limit. Almost done maxing out my Blitz team, although I can't get Tidus to learn Anti-Drain for the life of me.

Anti-Drain is impossible to tech learn, at least it's what I remember.

I actually tried to do the same on PS2 originally, but never did that, only maxed the Sphere Grid 3 times with +4 spheres (and 60k HP, if I'm not wrong), at the time I also tried to keep the missable Blitzball player from Calm Lands, but he's not exactly good..

And ya, I have several runs of this game all at 300+ hours.. for the platinum I actually went the "easy" way and just maxed out the stats, after that I just used random spheres to fill the grid, wasn't feeling like doing all that work again for a 4th time :lol:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Chocobo 0.00.00 race...100%.

I tried it 25+ times and my best time was somewhere around the 6 second mark.

At that point i got the same feeling i got with the Fector's challenge from Stardew Valley.

"Is it doable, yes.... Is it going to cost me a broken controller and ruins the game for me... 100% yes".

So this trophy is not going to pop on my screen, and the same for the Celestial weapons because of that.

Sucks..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

None of the minigames, but grinding the one eye for triple ap weapons with 2 free slots was the worst for me. It just wouldnt give me Lulu's weapon and when it finally did it had only 1 free slot. Fought him like 300 times.

Also getting 5 zanmato in a row for dark Yojimbo was annoying it took me a few hours of reloading to finally get 4 in a row, then beat the last one with aeons and doublecasting ultima.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I'd probably have to go with the chocobo races, mostly the balloon race as I have only tried the other race just once. 

Then its the butterflies game. Lightning is nerve wrecking more than anything. You can even get the timing down but you can still screw up mostly due to nerves for having to do so many in one sitting 100 you do in next to no time, but then having to count another hundred seems like it takes so much longer. My legs, arms and hands were shaking like crazy during that. A mixture of concentration and adrenaline is a crap combo to be in haha. . They went way to ott with some of  the requirements, but made the main game (of what I have seen so far) far too easy. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am somewhat suprised nobody mentioned that annoying Cactuar mini-game for the Mercury Sigil. 5th or 6th annoyed the shit out of me and spent hours with reloading on the PS4.

Chocobo Master for sure a painful experience as well, finished on exactly 0.0 after how many attempts and had to go through that painful luckgame again to get the trophy ...

23 hours ago, Schmutzfink_xD said:

I am somewhat suprised nobody mentioned that annoying Cactuar mini-game for the Mercury Sigil. 5th or 6th annoyed the shit out of me and spent hours with reloading on the PS4.

Do you get anything other than the sigil? I failed on a couple of them but it still lets you capture them automatically after the 3rd fail. Got the sigil and was able to fully upgrade Rikku's godhand. 

• 2 months later...
On 18/1/2018 at 7:59 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

For me, it has always and will always be getting a 00:00 time on the chocobo race against the trainer. It has been so over 10 years ago when the PS2 one was released so I ignored the race and just beat the dark aeons back then without Tidus. Now when I saw that there's a trophy for it, I almost shed a tear at having to miss out on an FF platinum as I like to collect FF plats....

And it's not possible to achieve it through Share Play?

• 1 month later...

I've barely scratched the surface in post-game. Just collecting 10 of all fiends now.

But I first got this game back in 2015 - and dodging that lightning 200 times in a row got me so frustrated I just stopped playing.

Picked up the game again a coupe of weeks back (like 4 1/2 years later) - did the lightning dodging 200 times - first time!

Having a break after every 20 strikes helped a great deal. And realising that pressing X when your foot hit the dark spot on the trigger crater (as opposed to reacting to the actual flash) was a bigger help.

I think no matter what comes along - the lightning dodging will always be my hardest achievement in this game.

• Like 1

You know Chocobo Catcher is not completely luck based, if you know how to dodge the birds then luck is down to how many ballons you manage to grab along the way. It never took me longer than 10 minutes to get 0:00 time.

I can't think of anything in the game being hard. Lightining dodging is for sure annoying and stressful but is not too bad of a challenge. Maybe some of the dark aeons (Anima and Bahamut) since those require special armors and strategy and Penance of course.