Are the DLCs worth it?

Since I'm a trophy hog( :rolleyes:), I've been thinking about picking up the DLCs for this game, but I've seen a lot of people saying that they're low-quality and poorly made. So what's your opinion? Are these 17 trophies worth the $30 I'd spend to earn them? are they even worth the 3GB they'd take up on my HDD?

I'd have a hard time forking out 30 bucks for an old games dlc. I bought the dlc when it was on sale through psn.

The quality of the dlc is about the same as the regular campaign and I had a fun time playing it. Was not hard to get 100% either

It's been a few years since I've played this game or the DLC, but if I recall correctly, none of the DLCs are exceptionally long. However, the locations you travel to are cool and there's some nice little nods to the original series.

• 2 years later...

My quest is to find that ultimate with edition and not for the ridiculous prices on Amazon. Dlc is $30 (not worth it) so for $20 I can go for it. Maybe if the dlc gets half off. I keep looking for the sale on them during may the 4th and am always disappointed.

My quest is to find that ultimate with edition and not for the ridiculous prices on Amazon. Dlc is $30 (not worth it) so for $20 I can go for it. Maybe if the dlc gets half off. I keep looking for the sale on them during may the 4th and am always disappointed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLAYSTATION-3-PS3-STAR-WARS-THE-FORCE-UNLEASHED-ULTIMATE-SITH-EDITION-BRAND-NEW-/232149135980?hash=item360d2ab26c:g:8FoAAOSwal5YDEAq

24.99 plus 3 bucks shipping

That's like $30. No thx. I might as well buy the dlc. $20 people or no point. I'm also canadian so different shipping for me. Edited by Ronin893

I used to have it in the day, got it in September 2011, one of the first games I got for PS3. I paid like 40 bucks for it preowned then, and since then I've actually never found another copy. Really regretting selling my copy back in the day.

I used to have it in the day, got it in September 2011, one of the first games I got for PS3. I paid like 40 bucks for it preowned then, and since then I've actually never found another copy. Really regretting selling my copy back in the day.

That's like a priceless copy. I'm even more determined to find a copy for cheap off somebody who doesn't realize it. Then immediately laugh in their face.lol

That's like a priceless copy. I'm even more determined to find a copy for cheap off somebody who doesn't realize it. Then immediately laugh in their face.lol

Gave it a quick look on eBay just for the fuck of it, this one's 20 bucks. Could be more or less depending on your currency.

Edit: Apparently I forgot to drop the link, here's a new one for 15 plus a few bucks on postage http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/STAR-WARS-THE-FORCE-UNLEASHED-ULTIMATE-SITH-EDITION-PS3-GAME-/232153458857?hash=item360d6ca8a9:g:wS4AAOSw4GVYNlFC

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2016 at 4:58 PM, Ronin893 said:

I'm in the exact same boat as you are. Looking for this for a while now. I'm not willing to pay $30 for the 3 level packs and they never go on sale on PS Store. New copies of the Ultimate Sith edition for ps3 are available on eBay for around $20, but I already have the game so I'd rather not buy it again. They should realize that no one is gonna spend more for the dlc packs when they can buy the complete edition for less and just lower the price. Not to mention that the game is like 9 years old by now. If it was $15 I would jump on it.

If you find a deal less than $20, let me know. I'll do the same for you.

Btw, do you know if the ultimate sith edition is recognized by the console as its own game with a separate trophy list, or is it treated as a the same game and the existing game data, save data and trophy list from the base game will be compatible?

I ask because I remember that the Arkham City Complete edition was this case - recognized as a different game than the base version on ps3 at least. If it's the same case here, I don't think I'll be willing to buy the sith edition.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, xDD90x said:

I'm in the exact same boat as you are. Looking for this for a while now. I'm not willing to pay $30 for the 3 level packs and they never go on sale on PS Store. New copies of the Ultimate Sith edition for ps3 are available on eBay for around $20, but I already have the game so I'd rather not buy it again. They should realize that no one is gonna spend more for the dlc packs when they can buy the complete edition for less and just lower the price. Not to mention that the game is like 9 years old by now. If it was $15 I would jump on it.

On the PS Store, Modern Warfare 3 Ultimate Edition is still $69.99, the first Call of Duty: Black Ops Ultimate Edition is still $74.99, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Edition is still $74.99, and Borderlands 2 Ultimate Edition is still $99.99. The PS Store is almost always more expensive than buying something in physical form, often times even still sealed games from retailers are cheaper than the PS Store. Look at Godzilla for PS4, $59.99 on the PS Store, but $24.99-29.99 regular price new at retailers. That's another reason why I don't like buying digital games and content.

Also, if anyone is still looking for this game and lives in NA, the game is listed new for $13.79 plus $4 shipping from a 3rd party official seller listed on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Force-Unleashed-Ultimate-PlayStation/dp/B01DLODV8E/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1481506719&sr=8-6&keywords=star+wars+the+force+unleashed+ps3

On 12/11/2016 at 8:40 PM, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

On the PS Store, Modern Warfare 3 Ultimate Edition is still $69.99, the first Call of Duty: Black Ops Ultimate Edition is still $74.99, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Edition is still $74.99, and Borderlands 2 Ultimate Edition is still $99.99. The PS Store is almost always more expensive than buying something in physical form, often times even still sealed games from retailers are cheaper than the PS Store. Look at Godzilla for PS4, $59.99 on the PS Store, but $24.99-29.99 regular price new at retailers. That's another reason why I don't like buying digital games and content.

Also, if anyone is still looking for this game and lives in NA, the game is listed new for $13.79 plus $4 shipping from a 3rd party official seller listed on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Force-Unleashed-Ultimate-PlayStation/dp/B01DLODV8E/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1481506719&sr=8-6&keywords=star+wars+the+force+unleashed+ps3

Thanks, but that's the PAL version of the game. Not sure if there would be any compatibility issues.

I almost always buy my games in physical form for several reasons: I like seeing my physical, tangible library, on ps3 it saves hdd storage space while on ps4 it allows for faster installation as opposed to waiting for the game to download, but most of all, it is usually far more affordable than buying from PS Store as you mentioned. However, this isn't always true. For example, I was about to buy Star Wars Battlefront when it was on sale for $10 from Gamestop a week or two ago, but just before I did, I noticed that PS Store had it on sale for $6. Since it wasn't a game I was too interested in playing, I decided to just save a few bucks and purchase digitally.

Also, when it comes to dlc, I'd prefer to buy it digitally from the PS Store than have to buy a game I already own a 2nd time in a 'complete edition' just to get the extra content. It's just a shame that that is often less expensive than buying just the dlc from PS Store as is the case with The Force Unleashed was well as all the games you listed.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is funny. I have been looking for years for the ultimate sith edition with no luck except for ridiculously expensive ones. I was almost ready to buy the dlc when there was a deal like spend $100 get $15 back. The dlc never goes on sale. Even on May the 4th. Everything else star wars goes on sale. Even the ps1 classics but no dlc. 

Guess what? My brother in law had an unopened copy from day 1. ? Unbelievable. It has a dent in the case but I got my 100%. Sweet. Hope everyone else has my luck. ?

Edited by Ronin893
  • Like 1