What is your ultimate goal for your trophy profile?

Dreakon139

My goal over the last 1,5 years was to work towards 95% completion rate.

I started in September 2015 with 82,15% and have as of now 93,95%.

I guess I am able to get it this year sometime.

This also corresponds with other goals, which are trying to get some of those remaining A-Rank games to S and get the remaining 345 unearned trophies to less then 200.

My top Goal is ofc PSN lvl 100 but that will take about 3 more years. And iw stopped doing super easy games. My goal for this year 2017 is too get 1000 Ultra Rare Trophies atm at 759 https://psnprofiles.com/Tomy_IV/log?order=rarity&rarity=ultra-rare  And goal for Ultra rare plats 100 https://psnprofiles.com/Tomy_IV/log?order=rarity&rarity=ultra-rare&type=platinum&dir=asc 

And completion 98% :) 

Edited by Tomy_IV
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't think I've ever had any goal officially in mind at any time, but looking back at my playing habits, I suppose I've had a couple of goals that more or less went like this:

- When I had fewer than 100 plats, I just wanted to get to 100 and make my 100th a really cool one (I chose Demon's Souls). Done!

- After reaching 100, I started focusing more on participating in some of the forum challenges on this site: A-Z Platinum club (done!), Platinum Every Genre club (done!), A-Z Non-platinum club (one more to go, waiting for my chosen game to go on sale), A-Z Platinum Title club (two more to go, again waiting for my chosen games to go on sale).

- Once I'm done with those,  I think I'll actually transition to a much different sort of goal: deliberately caring less about trophies. I'll still go for platinums which seem fun and reasonable, but not worrying at all about completion percentage or starting too many games at once. There's only so much time to have fun, and the trophy hunting has been (and still will be) fun, I just don't want to let it be a controlling force in my gaming decisions.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
Typo
  • Like 2

Since I earned my first trophy (January 1st, 2011, 1/1/11, New Year's Day, easy day to remember) and then my first platinum (May 31st, 2011), I always had in my mind 100 platinums.  That's still my goal.  And 85% completion would be nice.  I would be happy with that.  Any more than 100 platinums is just extra for me.  Considering I've been at this on and off for more than 12 years and currently sit at 74 platinums, I doubt I will ever see 200 platinums or more.  I'm realistic.  I only have so much time to dedicate to this hobby.  100 platinums and I'll be real happy. 

• Like 1

I'm a patient gamer, so I play the games I want, at my own pace. It doesn't go well with a "trophy hunting ultimate goal", but I'm striving to have a nice-looking profile.

With that said... Since I'm not able to hit that 100% completion rate anymore, this year I'm working towards increasing my completion to over 75%. It's not easy because I don't play a lot anymore, and I do start new games regularly. But I'm making an effort to clear some of my backlog, particularly those with online trophies that are over 5 years old, so I can clean up the offline ones when I feel like it.

After that, my main goals with this profile are a) maintain that percentage and b)) reach A rank in incomplete games. If I really like playing a game, I'll go for 100% straight away. Otherwise, I'm fine just beating it and reach the A rank, then move to another title. Easier said than done, given my obsession with 100%ing a game...

Edited by Eblait
  • Like 2

Aim for around 70%, maybe 75%, completion rate. I see not completing the things I've spent money on as waste and I hate waste.

Yes this is an example of sunk cost fallacy, yes I'm susceptible to it.

• Like 3