Outlast glitches

DaScorpio_

This topic is to share whatever glitches or exploits we have found let it be good or bad.

Whistleblower's DLC for me is impossible to complete because whenever I kill the groom ( after moving R stick left and right) another groom is standing next to me ( somehow they duplicated) and I've no idea how it happens bcz when I played the game on normal that NEVER happened nor in the original game.

Anyone has any ideas how to fix it?

Edited by Scorpions444

• 8 years later...

Glitch warning to anyone doing the insane run for Whistleblower on PS5.

On my first run on normal I got this glitch but restarted the game and continued without issue. The second time I passed this section was for my Insane run (on my 5th attempt) and I encountered the same glitch which caused my run to go to waste, which is a shame because the glitch happens very near the end where you can't die anymore:

Spoiler

Once you defeat the Groom and open the door to see the burning church which is also a Note if you film it, the game freezes as soon as the door is opened.

Screenshot

I'm gonna try this again tomorrow on PS4, since I haven't seen any reports on this glitch on the internet so I'm thinking not many people have played it on PS5.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10-8-2022 at 9:58 PM, harsly said:

Glitch warning to anyone doing the insane run for Whistleblower on PS5.

On my first run on normal I got this glitch but restarted the game and continued without issue. The second time I passed this section was for my Insane run (on my 5th attempt) and I encountered the same glitch which caused my run to go to waste, which is a shame because the glitch happens very near the end where you can't die anymore:

Hide contents

Once you defeat the Groom and open the door to see the burning church which is also a Note if you film it, the game freezes as soon as the door is opened.

Screenshot

I'm gonna try this again tomorrow on PS4, since I haven't seen any reports on this glitch on the internet so I'm thinking not many people have played it on PS5.

I've had this exact same crash happen on PS5 twice now, in both of my insane playthroughs so far. Very annoying, guess I'll have to whip out my PS4 for this.

4 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

I've had this exact same crash happen on PS5 twice now, in both of my insane playthroughs so far. Very annoying, guess I'll have to whip out my PS4 for this.

I forgot to update this! I didn't encounter the glitch on PS4, good luck!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

There were a few posts about the game crashing at the Male Ward door on Reddit, and I saw one of the Red Barrel devs replied and said they are aware of it and think it’s caused by the game not loading the level properly.

I can’t be 100% sure if it makes a difference or not, but just to be safe I decided to just stand afk outside that door after the fight with the Groom in the gym. I let the game idle for 5-10 mins while I took a break and when I went to continue I made it through the door without crashing. Playing on PS5.