Fucking challenge 10 is impossible!

wiebeamalur

i think it's really luck based challenge + skill

IIRC what i did is Begin with L1+X then use dodge > X for ascension then sonehow hang in the edge of platform then return to platform > use dodge > x again...then repeat for nth time... took me also a lot of tries but somehow works on me...

good luck...

If memory serves, the platform doesn't rise when you're in the air, it drops slightly, so stay on the ground as much as possible in the middle of the platform to speed up the process. Use  :l1::cross: as needed in a targeted fashion. Don't spam and don't dodge - the greatest risk is falling off the edge of the platform.

I'd read a lot about how hard the GoW challenges were because there's no save point, but they were a piece of piss compared to GoW II and Chains of Olympus (I think...).

Yeah mate, this one is tricky and annoying.

Key thing is using the L1 + X combo as described above; you really just need to get in early to make sure they don't hit you before you get a 'full' hit in. Once you get a hit though, they normally get knocked down (try to hit them together as a group), and then you're pretty well set. Save your 'powers' for later when you've lost your combo hits to weaken them a bit

So... I've done this countless times on PS2 and twice on PS3. I just watched the video straysheep87 posted and lol I feel like a noob! That method is so easier then the way I do it. Didn't know it could be done like that.

I did this by just spamming the block button,when the satyrs hit you use the counter attack and they are flung off the platform and it will move up.every now and then you can use regular attacks to kill the small dogs,takes practice but can be done, and yes try and stay in the middle.good luck

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been trying this trophy for 3 fucking hours. I finally had to call it quits, due to a headache I developed. Only now, when I want to do Challenge 10 again, I'll have to slog through the other 9 challenges. Fuck this trophy on so many levels. When they were remastering this game, they should have given you the ability to try the challenge room on its own, like in Chains of Olympus. Sure it would take away the challenge of this trophy, but it would feel a lot fairer and less like an endurance test. I'll try to plat this game, sometime this week, hopefully I'll have more luck on my second attempt at this trophy.

I remember these challenges being brutal on PS2, but they weren't bad on PS3.  I'll chalk that up to being older and more patient, a better gamer overall, and having the prior experience with them.  I also think I used youtube vids for help, so there's that... :P

It was very frustrating and the only advice I can give to those who are having trouble is to use L1+X to keep yourself on the air as much as possible.

One thing I found useful is to use the initial attack on one of the Satyrs to get it on the air and then aim the last attack on the other one (to make it bounce off the ground). That way you won't risk being attacked and thrown off the plataform as soon as you step on the ground.

• 2 months later...

Been battling with this trophy all day. I must have played the 10th room for over 2 to 3 hours alone. I just could not do it. I eventually quit. Will try again some other time. I didn't have Rage of the Gods, as I used it on one of the other levels. Will have to save Rage of the Gods for this level then. So difficult!!!  :(