How do you feel about this game?

skinner49

It sounds interesting and i love the idea of playing another rpg on ps4. But Drakengard 3 comes out the same day, so i'll have to wait awhile before i get this game. Watch Dogs comes out next week, so it won't be anytime soon. Unless it gets stellar reviews and feedback, then i might shovel its priority to the top. :)

I have had this at the top of my list for ps4 since E3. After playing this at PAX I have no questions as to its amazingness. It works out perfectly for me as my birthday is on the 23rd so I  will play this until then, If I try, hopefully platting this or at least beating it in that time frame.  Then on the 23rd I am gonna kill nazis until the 27th when I start fucking with peoples bank accounts on watch_dogs.  It's a good thing I'm on a break from work and school and reality. Log story short I preordered it and am going to play it until my eyeballs and thumbs bleed.

I'm dying to play this. I can't bloody wait. I Pre-ordered it so it should download ASAP. Last time I pre-ordered, it became available early in the morning, around 2AM. This game comes with a Plat & a min. 2 playthroughs. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this, I think :]

It's beautiful, I love the intro song, can't wait to hear the rest. The battle system seems fun and something I'm going to love. I like to be able to slow things down time to time and assess or combine attacks. :] There's another 15 min. gameplay video out there but I'm sure they just went through the same thing as OP's video.

I'm really liking the game. It has a wicked soundtrack, executed amazingly. Sound, voices & effects chime in at all the right moments.

Your "partner" speaks through either the TV(default) or the controller, if you want and I suggest the controller. It sounds more personal and when they use the speaker, they lightly output some of the voice through the television speakers and it mixes amazingly. I love it.

Your battle moves are called "Functions()" & each one comes with a story, a character and information about them that unlocks the more you use the functions in unique ways.

Some say that the battle is a bit dull after a while but with all the combinations and possible moves to try out, I haven't had that feeling yet. However, I don't really like the added difficulty that the "Process Limiters" also known simply as "Limiters," bring you. Granted I'll be using these more on my second playthrough. They provide an added exp bonus that stacks on when you use multiple Limiters. The more you use them, the more their background information is unlocked, I think.

The only gripe I have, if even one at all, is that when you use the "left bumper," Red will hum a song, hugging onto the Transistor(sword) while a ray of sunlight shines on her and flare bubbles appear but when the light shines on her, it's so bright that you can barely see her. I'd of hoped the light would show more details to her. Still a cool little move. The "right bumper" sends Red forward, twirling the Transistor into the air for her to jump forward, grab & twirl back to the ground. :3

Transistor_20140520162301.jpg?_subject_u

Transistor_20140520171231.jpg?_subject_u

Transistor_20140520231804.jpg?_subject_uTransistor_20140520181345.jpg?_subject_u

Edited by Zidane

Transistor is fantastic. I just finished a first play-through last night and started Recursion mode immediately afterwards. As earlier mentioned, there's so many function combinations to experiment and tinker with based on your particular play style  - and with combat mechanics this good, you'll want to. I approached a first play-through using more of the "turn()" mechanic which makes it play a bit more deliberate. My recursion play-through, however, I'm opting for the opposite and rarely using turn(). I can't decide which I like better or which suits me better, but I like having these types of dilemmas in games.

Its pretty good the soundtrack is one the best I heard in a while and I do like the games art. that being said combat can get a bit dull if you don't put any effort into using different functions and the game is very short, I mean you won't need more than 3 hours to beat it.

I haven't got around to playing it yet, but MAN, it looks SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

I feel like I've transitioned from someone who only plays AAA games, to someone who actually almost prefers Indie titles BECAUSE of games like this (and Child of Light :P). The setting, graphics, style, gameplay, music... so incredible. I wish big developers took note of how amazing games like this can be and focused on individuality and innovation more than they do currently. I realise that can be difficult (and expensive!) for big developers to hedge their bets on a new idea (more so than for Indie developers), but seriously, this game looks incredible.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just finally got around to this game.  Highly recommend.  It's a very...  sensual... game.  Which isn't a word I use to describe video games often, if ever.  Something about the art style, the music/vocals, and voice from the controller, I just really felt like it was under my skin.  If you haven't played it yet, make sure you switch the voice to come from your controller as soon as you have control, it really adds a lot.  Agree with everyone that the music in this game is fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, in case some people don't know, this game is coming to Ps+ members next montht Take the chance to grab it for free if you're a member!

Also, make sure you switch the set-up so the voice comes from the controller, at your first opportunity.  It gives the game a completely different feel and it's how it was intended to be played.