Favorite Devil May Cry Game?

Atarster

My favorite Devil May Cry games are Devil May Cry 1, DmC: Devil May Cry, and Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition (Playing as Vergil would be fun!), and my least favorite could be Devil May Cry 2 because it was disappointing, so what is your favorite Devil May Cry game(s)?

DMC 3 here too. Fantastic story and gameplay was rock hard - just how it should be. OdysseyPS is correct too the soundtrack for DMC3 was perfect.

To be fair I like all the DMC games but the pecking order is

DMC3

DMC

DMC - Ninja Theory / DMC4 (Not sure which one I prefer - both about even)

DMC2

Even though DMC2 is by far the weakest I still think it has some good ideas in places and is still a fairly decent game, just a poor devil may cry.

Hope Capcom don't drop this series like they have with Onimusha - I think both need new entries (Not a reboot) continuing on PS4.

Honestly, while it's not my "favorite" - I feel that DMC2 doesn't get enough credit. A lot of the ideas that made DMC3 so great actually came from it. Switching weapons on the fly, the extra evasive moves, Bloody Tower - that started in DMC2.

Story was terrible & stupid, and the overall difficulty was too easy, but the actual gameplay was solid.

As for my favorite - probably DmC. I miss the lock on of previous games, but that's a relatively minor fault when the combat actually feels good. The story as well was much better - albeit, really silly in some aspects.

DMC4 is probably my least favorite. Not to say it's bad - but when half of your game is literally just doing the same damn thing, but in reverse, you've screwed up. It felt really lazy. It had some great moments, though - fighting Angelo Credo, for instance. That fight was awesome.

Edited by VicFox
  • Like 1

I would probably have to agree with most on here DMC3 was probably the best. It pretty much had everything I looked for in those type of games. Followed by the new DmC, a lot of people didn't like this game but I thought it was pretty good.

DMC 4 for me. Don't know why so many people hate it because of its backtracking, I'm actually enjoyed this part of game.. Old locations - new possibilities)

Then goes DMC 3, DMC 1, DMC 2. Played DmC on PC - it was horrible, so I cannot put it on my list.