Anyway to change PSN ID?

If its a feature you want on the PSN side then you can vote for it here:

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2014/05/20/ability-to-change-gamer-id-update/

Haha, they just relaunched the ideas for PS4, I was one of the first to vote on that, and first to comment! Of course I made a blatant error of the first word in the comment.... Also, I made submitted an idea that can be found on page 2 of popular ideas :P

Edited by BlindMango

No Thanks. And won't happen with PS4.

"Real Names" yo...

Actually, Sony has been more open to the idea recently of changing our names, people like Shuhei Yoshida and stuff. I wouldn't be surprised to see it later down the line (probably not in the next year though)

Japan has a legitimate reason for nicknames.

What reason is that? I don't know anything about Japanese PSN but I did have a friend once who's ID on my friend's list was different than her ID in GTA IV. She said it was because her account was Japanese.

Why does everyone want this?  Personally I think this is the worst idea ever.  Maybe games should allow you to use whatever name you want when you log in but your psn ID is how friends/enemies keep track of who you are.  I realize that the system could keep track of an individuals personal ID but I think this would be overly confusing.  Even using these forums I watch people change names over and over and unless you know who they are and what they're into it's hard to keep track of them sometimes.

I guess what I'm asking is what possible positive reason is there for this feature? 

Why does everyone want this?  Personally I think this is the worst idea ever.  Maybe games should allow you to use whatever name you want when you log in but your psn ID is how friends/enemies keep track of who you are.  I realize that the system could keep track of an individuals personal ID but I think this would be overly confusing.  Even using these forums I watch people change names over and over and unless you know who they are and what they're into it's hard to keep track of them sometimes.

I guess what I'm asking is what possible positive reason is there for this feature? 

Some people have had their PS3s since launch.. that was over 7 years ago. Don't you think some people have matured as the years have gone by? It's only natural to want a different username than the one you made when you were, say, 14 years old. Honestly, I don't see how this would be an annoyance to anybody as long as Sony sets a limit on the number of times someone can change their name (ie. once a year).

Name changes would be cool,

but unfortunately sony built the username, trophy infrastructure  in such a way that your trophies are linked to the username and not the account.

At least that is what I've heard, don't take my heavily uninformed word for it though.

You'll just have to make a new psn account.. then add me.. I'm like Tom from Myspace.. everyone's first friend  :awesome:

Edited by EternalPersona

I would like the option to change my id sony added the option to hide your trophies but not the option to change your PSN online id makes no since in the near future like in another year add change online id option

Ok i understand everything you said but your no tom anderson from myspace good try tho

yes you can use more then 1 account

94pum.jpg

Edited by EternalPersona

Actually, Sony has been more open to the idea recently of changing our names, people like Shuhei Yoshida and stuff. I wouldn't be surprised to see it later down the line (probably not in the next year though)

I just wish they are open to changing country as well at least once a year.

I'm transferring from one country to another after every 4 or so years because of my job. I can't use my credit card nor the available psn cards in the market because I'm still using the account where I first register in PSN. Though. I've been using a secondary account to purchase, but I don't really feel at home with my account's flag.

94pum.jpg

That is funny! :giggle:

I just wish they are open to changing country as well at least once a year.

I'm transferring from one country to another after every 4 or so years because of my job. I can't use my credit card nor the available psn cards in the market because I'm still using the account where I first register in PSN. Though. I've been using a secondary account to purchase, but I don't really feel at home with my account's flag.

That is funny! :giggle:

That might cause a fair few problems though involving your download history and the store as well as your PSN wallet so I can understand not allowing that even Microsoft's region change comes with a few similar problems I just mentioned.

As for name changes, I think maybe just a one-time change or a limited amount since some people just rush to make an ID so they can play online which seems to be something people forget when they say you should've put more thought into it and so forth possibly worse with the younger gamers when their likes/dislikes change as well.

Changing the region could invalidate all your previous purchases. And I'm not talking about technicality on how the store software works, I'm talking about copyright crap on licensed software.

Which I know it sounds like bullshit, but it's a sad truth.

• 4 weeks later...

Xbox manage to do acheivement syncing with their username change. It would be a matter of paying for it. Why would an organisation not want to find new ways to make revenue? It'll happen, but rather when this will be implemented is the real question