Challenge of the Gods 10

Big Puto

The move being used is Apollo's Ascension (L1 + X) to get them in the air and then Apollo's offensive (whilst in the air hold L1 and press X quickly).

Stolen this from the Video description, Hope this helps :) 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

L1+X, then L1+O works too.

Do not try to hit a satyr with L1+X every moment, just focus on getting the fucking dogs out of arena. 

If satyrs grab you and thrown out of arena, just restart. There is nothing you can do against that.

I hate this challenge. It is a nightmare on vita.

Edited by rsouzadk

I remember giving up on this on PS2 cause it was a nightmare, then on PS3 I did it cause I wanted platinum, but it kicked my ass for a while.  Somehow on Vita it was super easy, took me maybe 5 tries, and only cause I started off trying the method in this video which didn't work for me at all.  I ended up using a different set of moves (can't remember what off-hand) cause the one in the video was too slow, the satyrs got me during the pause before the first hit that knocks them in the air, and I only focused on the satyrs (the dogs get knocked off constantly without trying).  One thing I will add is try to stay standing on the ring of the inner circle with your back to the nearest edge and the satyrs near the center of that circle.  The reason for this is if you get unlucky and they throw you, you usually end up on the opposite edge of the platform, but not off it.  Also, I had a full rage meter which I used right when the bottom point of the top platform passed my platform.  It ran out just as I got high enough to jump up to it and finish.  I guess rage isn't needed, but it more of less cuts the fight in half as you ascend quickly and don't risk being thrown off while it's active.

• 1 year later...

It's bad, but honestly not THAT bad once you get the hang of it. It took me about 3 hours on the first try, because I was doing it mostly wrong. Then I had to do it all over again (because trophy didn't pop, duh) and I nailed it in about 15 minutes.

Yes the L1+X move is definitely the way to go but you shouldn't keep mashing buttons blindly. The key is that you're most vulnerable when you're charging up the attack, and that's when you're going to die most of the time. After you land back, and unless you really feel it's safe, don't repeat the move immediately and make a quick roll using <R> to get to another part of the platform. This way enemies will be less likely to surround and hit you before you complete another attack.

The other key is to - try to - direct each attack towards a specific enemy that you deem the easiest to eject from the platform. Don't neglect pups : they're totally worth an attack here and there, especially when there are all 3 of them.

• 1 month later...

It took me an entire plane flight to finally finish this thing. This was so infuriating. I'm pretty sure the guy sitting next to me thought I was a mental patient when I made it 4/5 of the way to the top only for one of these damn Danny Devito looking spear wielding D-bags to stab me and hurl me back down to square one. Not even going to attempt to imagine what face I made at the Vita when that happened. Anyone who got this trophy is a legend in my book. And if you give up on it, honestly there are better things in life to worry about anyways. I finished these challenges on the PS2, then on the PS3 collection... and now this. I'm never doing this again in my life.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

After so many retry i managed to finish only 2 times
few things that i notice each enemy can knock back and stagger you to death
Sometimes L1 + X not work simply the enemy have different move patterns

what i do is simply died until the satyr accept my L1 + X

• 2 years later...

this challenge is just ridiculously impossible on the vita. It behaves nothing like any of the "recommended" ways to do this. I tried the L1 + X but the Satyrs just block everything and I do not stay up in the air like they do in the videos, the animation to get up in the air also takes too long by the time it starts ive already been hit and it cancels the animation.. then im pushed off from the 6 other hits. They also hit me in the air and stop my swings.. which never happens to any of the recommended videos.  I tried the L1 + O and that does kick off the dogs but the Satyrs just laugh at it and then instantly kick me off because the animation for getting back up takes forever. I tried the Artimis blade holding L1 + Triangle to launch in the air, but even if an enemy goes up with me hitting with Square after does not knock them out, barely does nothing. I tried the Square, Square Hold, and it sorta works for a while but eventually you just get swarmed once the Satyrs start blocking everything. It's a complete disaster that just ping pongs you from hit to hit to hit till you get thrown off. I really dont see how this is possible on the vita, it just behaves completely different than all the PS3 videos online.

Ive spent hours and have not even come anywhere close to the height required.. I dont think I even got it up to the bottom of the island.  Videos online all show people getting all the way up there in less than 1 min. Even when I have a "good run" and last more then 1-2mins I'm not even half way up.

Basically I cant even get hit once.. as soon as I get hit once it's over.. because it cancels my move's animation and then it takes too long to start a new one so i just get hit over and over and over till i bounce out.

Update:  Well.. I finally did it. I guess I am nothing but a sucker for punishment and just kept trying and trying. There is absolutely no right way to do this, there is no method to the madness.. it's entirely RNG and just pure BS luck. I used the L1 + X strategy at first then when the Satyrs started blocking everything I popped the RoG just to keep myself alive, and finished off with a combo of L1 + X and just some good ol Square now and then.  I had been playing this crap over and over for I dont even know how many hours that I zoned out when I finally made it and did not even notice that I got to the top until a few seconds later, thought to myself WTF am I still doing fighting for my life and jumped over to the platform. It is absolutely horrible.. I possibly did damage to my X button on my Vita pressing it so much.. but it's done. I almost had a heart attack when the trophy did not pop right away at the notification screen. It only pops after you hit X.

Edited by Mr-Photo

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I'd say the challenges all seemed easier on the Vita version except for Challenge 10. Challenge 10 took me about 15-20 minutes on the PS3 back in the day, while this one took me about an hour or a little more of trying off and on. It's actually just cheap. No matter what, it's not one of those things that are hard, that require you to get better, it's one of those things where you need a bit of luck and RNG in terms of how aggressive the Satyrs are gonna be. I used L1+X. And I made sure mostly when I used it, I was on target of one of them each time. When I got close to the top, I spammed it. They weren't as aggressive when I did that. Now, I would say out of the hour to hour and 20 minutes of trying it off and on. I only put about 30-45 minutes of actually playing the Challenge. So, I won't say it was hard as some have said, but it's definitely cheap and to just keep trying until you get that one run where they aren't as aggressive and you're able to consistently use L1+X. 

Edited by JohnFPSKing
  • Like 1