Rare Trophy Hunters League

ExHaseo

Welcome to the rare trophy hunters league!

After seeing that there were at least a few people interested in a more competitive and skill based trophy hunting league, I decided to create one and see what happens.

As of right now, everything is subject to change. If I think the point values end up being unbalanced or broken, then I'll be sure to change them, and if someone finds some kind of exploit, I'll be adding a rule to have it removed. I'll also be continually adding to the blacklisted games.

Scoring System:

As you might have guessed, this trophy hunting league is going to have a different scoring system than most others. You'll be getting points based on the rarity of the trophy, instead of the type. The PSN Profiles rarities are going to be used, because I think it's a more accurate depiction of rarity among trophy hunters. And also because if I went off of the PSN ones everything would be stupid rare.

Point Values:

Common - 1 Point

Uncommon - 2 Points

Rare - 10 Points

Very Rare - 20 Points

Ultra Rare - 40 Points

Plat Point Values:

Common - 5 Points

Uncommon - 10 Points

Rare - 50 Points

Very Rare - 100 Points

Ultra Rare Plat - 200 points

All trophy types give the same number of points, except for plats. For example, if you get an uncommon bronze, it's 2 points, and if you get an uncommon gold it's still 2 points. The only reason that plats have higher points, is to encourage people to go for plats.

Also, these point values are subject to change. If people are able to win by just getting a bunch of common or uncommons, then I'll adjust accordingly. The point of the league is supposed to be a test of skill, not a test of who plays the most easy games in a week.

League Info:

As for how the league will work, it will be a free for all style league and will be structured similar to a race. Each week everyone gets as many trophies as they can, and at the end of the week I count up the scores and then rank everyone from 1st to 10th. You get a different number of points depending on what place you came in. 1st place will get 10 points, 2nd will get 9, 3rd will get 8, and so on all the way to 10th where they get 1. At the end of the season, whoever has the most points will win. In the event of a 1st place tie, there will be a two-day exhibition match between however many people are tied for first. I will also be recognizing those that get the most Ultra Rares, most Plats, and the most Ultra Rare Plats in a season.

Fixture rotation:

The league will function on a weekly rotation. Fixtures will start on Sunday at 12:00AM and go until 11:59PM on the following Saturday. Score will be posted on Sundays. The league is based on GMT -8 time.

There will be a week long break between seasons while I shuffle things around, and also to give a little bit of a break to those that want/need it.

The first season will begin at 12AM on May 25.

Rules. I can, and likely will, add to this at any time if I need to.

1. No playing the same game twice. This means that if you've already played Muramasa Rebirth, then it won't count if you import the Japanese version and play it again.
  2. If a game without a plat can be completed within an hour, then it won't count. I'll be checking the leaderboards, and if all of the fastest achievers are under an hour, then it won't count, but if you were good enough to make it in under an hour then it will.
  3. If a game with a plat can be completed within 10 hours, then it won't count. I'll be checking the leaderboards, and if all of the fastest achievers are under 10 hours, then it won't count, but if you were good enough to make it in under 10 hours then it will. These time based rules are simply because don't want to waste time counting a ridiculous number of common trophies in a rare hunters league.
  4. Only trophies obtained within the current fixture and synced to PSNP by 11:59 Saturday will count. If you don't sync before I check scores, then those trophies wont count for that fixture or the next one. They'll be lost.
  5. No account sharing.
  6. I am human and it's possible I might miss something. If I ever make a mistake and count trophies that are against the rules or are blacklisted, and you don't correct me, you will be banned from the league. So be careful about what you play, and if you know you're playing a game that's against the rules for fun or whatever, you can just PM me and let me know so there won't be any chance of me making a mistake.

Participants:

As of right now, only 15 people will be allowed into the league at any given time. Everyone else will be put onto a waiting list. I may increase the number of participants and/or create a second league later on, if there's enough interest.
To join you must have at least 30 posts. The posts are to make sure that participants are at least starting to be active members of the community.

At the end of every season, the bottom 2 people will always be removed from the league to make room for new people. The two people removed have will have the option to go to the bottom of the waitlist if they want another chance in the league. In the event of a tie between the last two places, all of the people will be removed if there's enough people to replace them on the wait list. Otherwise, they'll have a two-day exhibition match to see who stays.

Below is participant ranks, it will be where each week's results are posted.

Participants for Season Two:

Week 5 Scores:

1. vjuchen - 1238 Points
  2. BeautifulTorment - 749 Points 
  3. man_with_wdjat - 446 Points
  4. Precision-Playy - 431 Points 
  5. Hemiak - 374 Points 
  6. dragnierkira - 342 Points 
  7. nenugalimas - 297 Points 
  8. HcG-_Clawz - 268 Points 
  9. zajac9999 - 163 Points
  10. THCBudz - 129 Points 
  11. REDSHIRT64 - 91 Points 
  12. cybershark91 - 41 Points 
  13. Blazikiller - 0 Points  
  14. TENCHU_REPPA - 0 Points 

Final Rankings:

1. vjuchen - 68 Points =
  2. Hemiak - 55 Points ^1
  3. Blazikiller - 52 Points v1
  4. man_with_wdjat - 46 Points ^1
  5. Precision-Playy - 43 Points ^1
  6. cybershark91 - 40 Points v2
  7. dragnierkira - 40 Points ^1
  8. zajac9999 - 38 Points v1
  9. THCBudz - 35 Points =
  10. BeautifulTorment - 33 Points =
  11. HcG-_Clawz - 22 Points ^1
  12. REDSHIRT64 - 21 Points v1
  13. nenugalimas - 21 Points =
  14. TENCHU_REPPA - 11 Points =

Hall of Fame:

These are the winners from past seasons.

40-platinum.pngzajac9999vjuchen

40-gold.pngHemiakx2

40-silver.pngTHCBudzBlazikiller

40-bronze.pngnenugalimasman_with_wdjat

Blacklisted Games:

This is the list of blacklisted games. Games are blacklisted for different reasons. Such as being too short(anything under an hour for PSN games or 10 hours for Plat games), simply being too new, or having ability to auto-pop(I'm only one person, and I don't want to waste the time to look through your list to see if you auto-popped or not). Most of these you won't want to play anyway, because of how common the trophies are, but I want to list them anyway so that I don't get a bunch of angry PMs complaining about how I didn't count all their trophies. I'll be able to just point here.

• All games less than 3 months old. If you're not sure if a game is old enough, just PM me or post here and ask. I can give some leniency on this depending on the game.
  • Any Non-Plat game that takes less than 1 hour to complete (judging from the leaderboards).
  • Any Plat game that takes less than 10 hours to complete (judging from the leaderboards).
  • Any game that lets you auto-pop trophies (including DCUO).
  • All Telltale Games
  • Battle Fantasia

Under Investigation:

These are blacklisted games that are exceptions to the rules above. They are deemed possibly too easy for the points given, and are temporarily blacklisted while investigated thoroughly by me.

Current Waitlist:

This is the waitlist of people waiting to join the league. At the end of each season, 2 people from the waitlist will be added. Also, if the waitlist gets big enough, I'll be creating a second league.

1. TheAkittaja123
  2. ShogunCroCop
  3. allenbird

That should be everything. I'll be editing this post as needed.

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 1

Some friendly competition sound like fun, Id like to join as well.

I also think a new rule should be added preventing people from leaving 1 trophy for platinum before the start of the week effectively being able to get 50+ points immediately...

Edited by nenugalimas

Added everyone up to Precision.

I'd like to join but i think that the point system is a bit broken with that 200 and 100 points plat but we'll see

I think it'll be ok. The numbers are so high because it likely isn't possible to get an UR plat in a week. The ones I've encountered take considerable skill or weeks of grinding. If it ends up being broken I'll change it though.

I won't join because I don't like the idea of blacklisted games. I mean why is DCUO and Zone of Enders blacklisted?

Good luck to all that do enter though and have fun getting those Ultra Rare.

DCUO is blacklisted because you can earn all the trophies with a free account, then auto-pop the plat. Which would be bad if someone had been working on it for months then auto-popped an UR plat during a week they're behind. ZoE is blacklisted because it takes less than 10 hours to plat. The whole reason there's a blacklist is to keep anyone from completely breaking the system by just spamming through easy games like you can in other trophy hunting competitions.

DCUO is blacklisted because you can earn all the trophies with a free account, then auto-pop the plat. Which would be bad if someone had been working on it for months then auto-popped an UR plat during a week they're behind. ZoE is blacklisted because it takes less than 10 hours to plat. The whole reason there's a blacklist is to keep anyone from completely breaking the system by just spamming through easy games like you can in other trophy hunting competitions.

I guess, and it is your competition so you can do whatever you like but that gets a bit dicey. I mean you don't have games like Rango or Hannah Montana on your list so someone can platinum those and be OK but a game like Zone of Enders (which actually takes skill) you can't.

I have run competitions in the past and trust me you are opening yourself up to even more bickering by having a blacklisted list. There isn't any money or site awards assigned to this so I would save yourself the hassle and just open it up to all games. If people want to platinum easy games to win a competition that has no prize then that should be there prerogative.

Anyways I just wanted to offer advice because like I said I have done this 3 times before and no matter what kind of restrictions I put in or by getting everyone to agree at the start that all plats are fine...it ALWAYS leads to bickering when someone loses.

Good luck to everyone who enters :)

• Like 3

I have a few queries, you say you are going to look at the games leaderboards to have a look if the game is completeable in under ten hours, what happens is that game has been hacked alot, you will never know how long it takes, for instance Need For Speed Undercover, the whole leaderboard is completed it in under an hour.

Games to be added to blacklist:

Tekken Tag Tournament

God of War, (Not sure which ones)

I guess, and it is your competition so you can do whatever you like but that gets a bit dicey. I mean you don't have games like Rango or Hannah Montana on your list so someone can platinum those and be OK but a game like Zone of Enders (which actually takes skill) you can't.

I have run competitions in the past and trust me you are opening yourself up to even more bickering by having a blacklisted list. There isn't any money or site awards assigned to this so I would save yourself the hassle and just open it up to all games. If people want to platinum easy games to win a competition that has no prize then that should be there prerogative.

Anyways I just wanted to offer advice because like I said I have done this 3 times before and no matter what kind of restrictions I put in or by getting everyone to agree at the start that all plats are fine...it ALWAYS leads to bickering when someone loses.

Good luck to everyone who enters  :)

It's an ever expanding list. Like I said in my first post under the rules, any game that takes less than 10 hours with a plat and 1 hour without doesn't count. Which would include Rango and Hannah Montana. I'm just not going through the entire list of trophies to pick out every specific game. I'll add more as I become aware of them. That's why I even specified that if anyone knows of more games that fit that criteria to let me know so I can add them.

The whole point of this competition is to be actually competitive and different than other competitions. It's also not like this is the only competition on the forums. If someone wants to play easy games to win, then they can join the other trophy league. That's not what this one is about.

There's bickering no matter what. People complained in the other league, where there are no restrictions, about people winning with easy games. Sore losers will always be sore losers, making the league less competitive by won't change that.

I have a few queries, you say you are going to look at the games leaderboards to have a look if the game is completeable in under ten hours, what happens is that game has been hacked alot, you will never know how long it takes, for instance Need For Speed Undercover, the whole leaderboard is completed it in under an hour.

Games to be added to blacklist:

Tekken Tag Tournament

God of War, (Not sure which ones)

I'm just going to have to trust that the mods are doing their jobs and keeping the leaderboards clean. It's just too easy to wait an extra hour or so to complete a game so that it counts above the time limit and I don't have enough time to research every game to make sure the times are legit. :/

Thanks, I've added the appropriate ones.

You might want to add Prince of Persia: forgotten sands and maybe sands of time. Both very short plats

And I'll join if you need me.

Added you.

Also added Forgotten Sands to the black list. Sands of Time was long enough though.

Just one more spot left! If we get enough people we can start this Sunday, the 25th, instead of the 1st.

Edited by Squirtle Power

Good luck to everyone who enters :)

What does it matter to you you're not even participating.

Good luck to everyone, from the top of my head I know that Ibb and Obb has a few easy ultra rares

If you're going to base your point system of psnp' rarity. You should add a rule that prohibits players from earning points by playing newly released games. Since they'll have an UR trophy list, even if they're easy in the first couple of weeks.

Also why blacklist games? I mean cmon you have to get 40 Common plats just to be able to compete with 1 UR plat. There is no need to blacklist games since if you gain an UR plat you bassicly already won.

• Like 2

I don't like the idea of the qualifications. Not having 20 plats doesn't necessarily mean you're not serious about trophy hunting...you could have just been late to the party (in getting a PlayStation, I mean), or that you have to balance life and gaming. For someone like me, it's both.

As it stands, because I don't have the 20 plats, I'll just spectate. But, this will be something I'd be interested in when I meet the qualifications.

Good luck to the participants though.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

If you're going to base your point system of psnp' rarity. You should add a rule that prohibits players from earning points by playing newly released games. Since they'll have an UR trophy list, even if they're easy in the first couple of weeks.

Also why blacklist games? I mean cmon you have to get 40 Common plats just to be able to compete with 1 UR plat. There is no need to blacklist games since if you gain an UR plat you bassicly already won.

lol, there is a rule against it. Under the blacklisted games it says any game less than 4 months old.

It's just to make absolutely sure that no one can exploit the system by playing easy games. I doubt anyone just playing common games would win, but might be able to beat some people.

Not having 20 plats doesn't necessarily mean you're not serious about trophy hunting...you could have just been late to the party, or that you have to balance life and gaming.

As it stands, because I don't have the 20 plats, I'll just spectate. But, this will be something I'd be interested in when I get to the 20 plats.

That's true, but those that don't have at least 20 plats likely aren't going to be able to compete with those that do. Because they simply don't have as much time to play. I guess I should have worded that differently. I really didn't mean any offense to anyone x_x

Throw me in please, if there is still room for another.

You're the last one in!

That's all 10 people. I seriously didn't expect it to fill up so fast. So, I'll be starting the league this Sunday, the 25th.

I'll still accept people to be put onto the waitlist for next season though.