Watch_Dogs will punish you for offline play

kidson2004

Is hardly a punishment, the game is also terribly optimized for pc with devs saying it wont even start if you don't have at least  6gb of ram, I honestly don't see all the hype its just an average looking game suppose its just right timing since there is nothing else to play which is new.

Starkk_01 said it.  You are not being punished at all?  That would be like saying your COD rank will not level up if you don't play online.  If you do not want to play online, than notoriety is irrelevant to you.

That being said, if you want to play online, you always have to play online, so people can have a problem with that.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it seems like you will lose the ability to use some skills if you disable the online portion, that is why it seems like it is punishing people. Now, if those skills can only be used online that is a different story, but that isn't the way I interpreted it. I could be completely wrong though. 

Also, review embargo lifts on the 27th? Isn't that when the game releases? You'd think after delaying the game they'd at least let us read some reviews before the day it releases. 

Parker

• Like 1

Speaking of watch dogs online, I had to buy a Watch dogs online pass yesterday. I think it costed $5?

SO it resets? Well I guess i should thank Batman Arkham origins for preparing me for this kind of think.  I'll have to get all online trophies first then do single player.

Edited by DarknessKey92

Hackers have attempted to infiltrate our system and post false reviews of Watch Dogs. All valid reviews will emerge at release on May 27_

Source: https://twitter.com/watchdogsgame/status/468071829509521408

Nothing to do with this, they tweeted this because some guy did a 7/10 review that criticised it for stupid shit, and his video review was him trying to blow up a gas station with a proximity mine for 10 minutes.

OT notoriety I believe is an online only skill tree that affects tailing skills etc. No big deal, if you turn off online why would you want online only skills?

This is such an awful article with an obvious click bait title. Of course everybody in this thread probably just read that title and posted their opinion anyway.

Just like you seemed to completely skip over all the relevant posts in this thread, right? 

Parker

• Like 1

Maybe I'm missing something but this doesn't seem that bad. If someone disabled the online invasion part of their campaign experience then why would they care about being penalized further with the online functions of the game?

I would think if the online meant that much to said player to be angry about something like this then they would just leave the invasion feature on to get the online experience in its entirety.

Edited by merciful84