New PS3/4 models incoming!

kidson2004

No way it is a Slim this early, nor would I think Sony would introduce yet another PS3 model. If anything I think it would be models with a larger HDD.

Parker

True, but with the recent report that the PS4/XB1 driving up people's energy bills, it wouldn't surprise me that they would push it out so soon.

There is no way it hell a slimline version of the PS4 is imminent. It makes absolutely no sense for Sony - from a practical or economic sense - to even begin to consider releasing a new model. Sony have not even broke even from sales of the current model, and new models and refined technology costs a shit-tonne of money; they need to recoup development costs before they move onto developing a newer model.

The absolute earliest I'd expect a slimline model to be released would be the fourth quarter of 2015. 

Releasing a new slim version this early makes no sense. There's no way Sony will do that this early. PS4 has already sold millions, almost 7 million I think. If sony release a new model now, how would those 7mil feel? Also the code has changed from CUH-1006A to CUH-1106A. If its a redesign, shouldnt it actually be CUH-2006A? As for the new PS3 model, I'm not at all bothered about it. Guess we will find out whether its true at E3. Meanwhile, I'll still be getting the current PS4 model, it looks so sexy IMO.

True, but with the recent report that the PS4/XB1 driving up people's energy bills, it wouldn't surprise me that they would push it out so soon.

I doubt it's driving up energy bills that much. If possibly a couple dollars, or whatever your currency is, more a month on the electric bill is that big of a problem for you then you shouldn't have even spent the money on an Xbox One or PS4 in the first place. Not you personally but anyone who complains about the increased electricity bill.

Also, most of the articles I've seen claiming that seem to try to employ scare tactics and bad comparisons. For instance, comparing the Xbox One or PS4 streaming Amazon or Netflix to a dedicated device for streaming Amazon or Netflix. That's like comparing a brick to a sniper rifle and saying the brick is bad because it can't take out a target from the same range the sniper rifle can. The Xbox One and PS4 are more powerful and can do more than a dedicated streaming device so naturally they're going to require more power too.

Edited by BooneJusticius

I doubt it's driving up energy bills that much. If possibly a couple dollars, or whatever your currency is, more a month on the electric bill is that big of a problem for you then you shouldn't have even spent the money on an Xbox One or PS4 in the first place. Not you personally but anyone who complains about the increased electricity bill.

Also, most of the articles I've seen claiming that seem to try to employ scare tactics and bad comparisons. For instance, comparing the Xbox One or PS4 streaming Amazon or Netflix to a dedicated device for streaming Amazon or Netflix. That's like comparing a brick to a sniper rifle and saying the brick is bad because it can't take out a target from the same range the sniper rifle can. The Xbox One and PS4 are more powerful and can do more than a dedicated streaming device so naturally they're going to require more power too.

I understand. I know for a fact I'm wrong about a PS4 slim. Just curious to see what's the announcement about. And I agree with you: if this is the case, then some shouldn't have rushed to get one right away. Me personally, I don't own a PS4, so I'm not complaining at all lol. I'm waiting for a PS4 slim.

Edited by kidson2004