Saddest Game Ever?

noyjoy

What game would everyone say was the most emotional/saddest game they have played? I feel it is brilliant when a game can really make you feel like a scene is real. For me i Recently played Papo y yo plus the last of us was also a very moving game. what do you think?

*Note

If you are to mention more then the game tile, PLEASE put it as a spoiler. Do not ruin games for people who have not played them yet. Thanks

Edited by noyjoy

Heavy Rain hands down is on the top of this list.  You become attached to the main character very fast and the way his life is... then it changes so fast and you fight with all your might to make everything right.... very heart wrenching the first time though the game.

A close second would be the "bad" ending to Infamous 2... that hurt me bad as a trophy hunter and having to go through with it...

• Like 3

If we're not restricted to PS3 or even PlayStation games, then To The Moon by Kan Gao/Freebird Games is absolutely heartwrenching. I cried myself to sleep for three days. I am not ashamed to admit that.

...And he's making a sequel.

• Like 1

Two games that made me the most emotional are ones i haven't even played lol I got emotional watching my brother finish Shadow of the Colossus, then again watching him play MGS4 when snake was crawling thru the tunnel of microwaves. My eyes didn't just well up, i was full on crying the whole time. It was pretty embarrassing. 

A couple I've actually played myself are Remember Me and Red Dead Redemption.  Pretty much all games make me emotional tho, i get into them emotionally a lot more than most movies. Maybe because with movies you only spend around 2 hours with the characters and games can be hundreds, i dunno lol

• Like 2

I do remember Red Dead Redemption had a sad ending. After that i said "I really hope i get to kill the bastard that did this" lo and behold my wish came true. I've played a lot of other games that have sad endings or are supposed to be sad games like Lords of Shadow 1. Ehh, i probably played a lot more but can't remember them right now :S 

EDIT: DP's post above me reminded me of one. The Rikiya scene in Yakuza 3. That was some sad shit there.

Edited by Shin

Nobody's mentioned Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons yet? Ok.

Good one, had a feeling it was coming and it still got to me. Also someone else mentioned losing on Fifa. I came Really Really close to crying when i lost a soldier that i had built up on XCOM iron man mode. Went to that dead soldiers screen and funeral bagpipe music was playing. Not just sad but so pissed off lol

• Like 1