Jump to content

UEFA Euro 2024 in Germany


vsvpl1501

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

UEFA EURO 2024 will take place across ten stadiums in Germany from the Olympiastadion Berlin to the Volksparkstadion in Hamburg. This will be our first major tournament host since the magic World Cup back in 2006 !! 

 

The UEFA EURO 2024 final tournament takes place from 14 June to 14 July 2024. The Groups are:

Group A - Germany, Scotland, Hungary, Switzerland
Group B - Spain, Croatia, Italy, Albania
Group C - Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England
Group D - Poland, Netherlands, Austria, France
Group E - Belgium, Slovakia, Romania, Ukraine
Group F - Türkiye, Georgia, Portugal, Czechia

 

For me, every group has at least one country that has the ambition to win. Italy, as the reigning European champions, would like to defend their title, something only spain has managed so far (2008 and 2012)

 

We will definitely watch every game from Germany with the family in the garden with a barbecue and a beer. The summer in Germany has been extremely hot without rain for years anyway, so the conditions are perfect. If I had to pick a winner, I'd say France or Spain.

 

How and where are you watching UEFA Euro 2024? Which country is your favorite? 

Edited by vsvpl1501
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn, I didn't realise we are just one month away :o

 

Italy kinda sucked in the qualifiers and I think it unfairly qualified because there was a foul at the last minute of the last game which unfairly didn't give a penalty kick to Ukraine, I'm not sure if it can qualify with such a tough group, either way I hope I will have fun :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

I feel like there is no hype in Germany for the EURO 2024. At all.

Not as much as usual that's true, but is it any wonder after the miserable results in the world cups 2018 and 2022 and in the euro 2021 the german team didn't play good either. And remember how badly the team played until Flick finally got kicked. Since then the became better again. Still they are not a favorite in this tournament and tha's one reason why the hype isn't so high. Still think it will grow by the end of this month when all big european finals are played. 

 

Will I watch the EURO? Of course, trying to see as many games as possible. Also tried to get tickets for games in Leipzig but didn't have any luck. My favorite? Really hard to say, you could pick usual ones like Spain, France, Portugal, Belgium... I really like Italy but I don't think they can defend the title. I would bet on France if I had to. I will say this: keep an eye out for Austria this time, they have a very good team with and with Ralf Rangnick a very good coach.

 

Would you guys be interested in a bet competition? Like kicktipp, some germans here are maybe familiar with this. Not for money, just for fun. 

Edited by Solid-Fisch
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Germany also seem to be finding some form recently too,

But you still don't have to be very afraid of Germany. The group is definitely doable. Scotland second and Germany first in the group would be a win-win for both of us? :D

 

56 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I hope I will have fun :)

That is the main reason to play football. Group B and D also look really strong. With the exception of Albania, everyone in these two groups can really qualify :D 

 

21 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

no hype in Germany for the EURO 2024.

Nope not really. wWere you old enough to watch the world championship in 2006? I don't think there will ever be anything like it again in Germany

1 minute ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Like kicktipp, some germans here are maybe familiar with this. Not for money, just for fun. 

That sounds good. I would join.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, vsvpl1501 said:

But you still don't have to be very afraid of Germany. The group is definitely doable. Scotland second and Germany first in the group would be a win-win for both of us? :D

 

I'd even take Scotland finishing as one of the best 3rd placed teams :lol:

 

I just want us to get out of the group, by any means. What we do after that wouldn't really matter. However, with Greece winning the 2004 tournament, anything can be possible :lol:

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

I feel like there is no hype in Germany for the EURO 2024. At all.

It's the least I've been exited for a tournament. Football this year has been terrible in the top leagues, especially the Premier League which has been the worst year I've seen, the best/most existing football is being played in lower leagues. 

 

Only 1 top league team has been interesting this season and that's Bayer Leverkusen. 

 

As for the Euros I will be surprised if Portugal or France don't win it. England should as they have by far the best team and are the favourites, but we all know that ain't happening, tbh it wouldn't even be surprising if we don't get out the ground. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stevieboy said:

All I want to see is Scotland get out of the group.

 

After 13 failed attempts to progress from the group so far, across the men's and women's teams, in both the World Cups and Euros, it's a long time coming. Unfortunately, we're in a really tough group, so I don't really see it happening.

 

We were in pot 3, so the hope was we'd get a weaker team from pot 4 that we could hopefully beat, but as it's turned out, we are pretty much the weakest team in the group. The pot 4 team, Switzerland, are not an easy team to beat.

 

I also think we got the worst possible team from pot 2 that we could have got. Hungary are a really good team, and even beat England, in England, 4-0 in the most recent Nations League, so they can't be taken lightly at all. Germany also seem to be finding some form recently too, so they'll be tough to get anything from in the opening game.

Amount of injuries we are receiving my hopes just keep declining, hopefully quick recovery for few players. I could see a pumping from Germany though which isn't the best to start the Euros off with, Hopefully Clarke can keep morals high for Switzerland and Hungary. Both beatable teams!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, vsvpl1501 said:

Nope not really. wWere you old enough to watch the world championship in 2006? I don't think there will ever be anything like it again in Germany

That sounds good. I would join.

 

I was and that time was so incredible! It feels like the team now has lost all its focus and is distracted too much by political events. I don't wanna go too much into detail but it seems like a good reputation during the tournament is much more important now than success in that sport. Therefore it is a bad thing imo that Manuel Neuer is still part of the team.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Dinniestar said:

Amount of injuries we are receiving my hopes just keep declining, hopefully quick recovery for few players. I could see a pumping from Germany though which isn't the best to start the Euros off with, Hopefully Clarke can keep morals high for Switzerland and Hungary. Both beatable teams!

 

The last thing we need would be a heavy defeat from anyone, as that could set up another elimination by goal difference if we do manage to win a game. Weirdly, I feel that the best possible chance of Scotland getting out of the group would be 3 draws, as that would give us 3 points and a goal difference of 0. That's usually been enough to qualify as one of the best 3rd placed teams.

 

It feels like an eternity since we beat Spain 2-0 and won the first 5 games in the qualifying group. We haven't managed to win a game since that superb start. However, I'd much prefer to lose the friendly games, and get results in the ones that matter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

 

The last thing we need would be a heavy defeat from anyone, as that could set up another elimination by goal difference if we do manage to win a game. Weirdly, I feel that the best possible chance of Scotland getting out of the group would be 3 draws, as that would give us 3 points and a goal difference of 0. That's usually been enough to qualify as one of the best 3rd placed teams.

 

It feels like an eternity since we beat Spain 2-0 and won the first 5 games in the qualifying group. We haven't managed to win a game since that superb start. However, I'd much prefer to lose the friendly games, and get results in the ones that matter.

 

Yeah it hasn't fallen well for you guys draw wise this time. Possibly the worst available in both pots with Swiss and Hungary.

 

Overall England should be winning it as they have the strongest squad BUT they will surely do something to mess it up. That said they were shafted in the last one when Chiellini was allowed to assault Saka and not go for it so who knows.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

I'd even take Scotland finishing as one of the best 3rd

And this should be possible in this group! Germany in the own country as the first game in the arena of munich isnt the best way to start, unfortunatly :( 

 

 

31 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

a good reputation during the tournament is much more important now

that is exactly the big problem with the national team in recent years. People and the media talk and discuss about everything except football. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Yeah it hasn't fallen well for you guys draw wise this time. Possibly the worst available in both pots with Swiss and Hungary.

 

I actually think Italy from pot 4 would have been worse than Switzerland, but not by much. Switzerland are usually a tough team to break down, and Scotland tend to struggle breaking teams down. When you come up against a team where you aren't gonna get many chances to score against them, you have to be clinical, and you wouldn't call Scotland clinical. Northern Ireland were a tough team to break down, and we couldn't score against them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not big into football but I do like to follow the big tournaments. So I’ve got my Euro 24 wall chart already! I’ll support England naturally as my home country, but also what ever team I’ll get in the sweepstakes I take part in. Looking forward to it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I hope Germany wins because of Toni, who's my favourite player and totally deserves it. I've always loved watching him play since I was super young and played that old, rusty and illegal Pes 2012 lol. A part of my childhood that I'll always remember fondly.

 

And I'll miss him a lot. If only he could play a bit more.... thank you 💕

 

7ab1ae1a969707a1a352996fc495edb8.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

I hope Germany wins because of Toni, who's my favourite player and totally deserves it. I've always loved watching him play since I was super young and played that old, rusty and illegal Pes 2012 lol. A part of my childhood that I'll always remember fondly.

 

And I'll miss him a lot. If only he could play a bit more.... thank you 💕

 

7ab1ae1a969707a1a352996fc495edb8.jpg

 

He's doing the very right thing. Retires when he's still at his peak. People will always remember him as top player, like Zidane. I followed his career since Bayern put him on loan to Leverkusen in 2009, he always evolved and delivered. The way Toni Kroos walked was the way of success. I don't know if Germany will play a good Euro but I know that if not, it will not be because of him.

Edited by Solid-Fisch
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

 

I hope Germany wins because of Toni

 

I wouldn't mind that either! 😅

 

Toni Kroos is an incredible footballer and a great figurehead for German soccer. Unfortunately, most Germans don't see him as a great footballer. He is much more recognized internationally than here in Germany. Although he has won almost every major title from 2014 to yesterday and led Germany to victory in the 2014 World Cup. 

18 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Beat player in Germany - Harry Kane

He played a good season but in the Bundesliga Guirassy and Wirtz have outperformed him this year. Alone that he came and Bayern didn't win a title after 11 years in a row. Almost ironic 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

I don't know if Germany will play a good Euro but I know that if not, it will not be because of him.

That's true. I still remember the WC 2018 where the whole team wasn't able to score and then he appeared, scoring a free kick from who knows how long in the worst possible angle, and in the last minute, to keep Germany alive.

 

11 hours ago, vsvpl1501 said:

Toni Kroos is an incredible footballer and a great figurehead for German soccer. Unfortunately, most Germans don't see him as a great footballer. He is much more recognized internationally than here in Germany. Although he has won almost every major title from 2014 to yesterday and led Germany to victory in the 2014 World Cup. 

I'm glad to see people from Germany : ). I think he may not be recognized because of the way Germany has always built teams, they focus more on the group than an individual saving them, so every WC squad they have, is basically a full team of stars.

 

They are also always generally selfless, for example in that match against Brasil everyone scored, no one looked for more than his teammates, they let Klose get the record and then continued. Even Muller who was running for the Golden Boot decided to give a goal to Toni.

 

I personally think Kroos is the best German player but you obviously have legends like Beckenbauer and Mathaus so it's hard to choose. The fact that he won everything and holds incredible records, put him in the table, no matter if someone likes him or not.

 

I've been following him since Heynckes's Bayern and I couldn't believe they let him go, he was such a great player, and still is today.... so I really wish you the best😁. With that young team with players like Wirtz and Musiala, Germany is certainly a favourite to win.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Last day before life makes sense again and you let 11 people in jerseys ruin your day.

 

I wish your nations an injury-free and successful tournament. I hope you've already set up your betting groups and secured a place for public viewing with friends! Don't drink so much if you have to work the next day! (luckily tomorrow is friday)

 

Unfortunately, there is still no real European Championship atmosphere here in Germany...I hope that will change once the tournament starts. The last preparation games have definitely got me hyped! 

 

spacer.png

 

 

On 5/14/2024 at 1:13 PM, Stevieboy said:

I'd even take Scotland finishing as one of the best 3rd placed teams

 

Before I forget, I wish Scotland a good game tomorrow and may the better team win and two fingers will be "half crossed" for scotland my friend :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a game from Germany, Toni missed only 1 pass! It reminds me so much of the 2014's squad: not a fast team, but incredibly talented midfielders, without an specific placement in the pitch, passing the ball like there's no tomorrow. Musiala is extremely talented, Wirtz scored but I know he's still has a lot more to give.

 

Whoever thinks this is not one of the favourites must be blind!

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...